PDA

View Full Version : 拡張現実感.com - Augmented reality

erikbrodch
26th July 2010, 03:49 PM
Hi,
Can someone please tell me if the translation is correct?
Thanks,
Arik

bwhhisc
28th July 2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1C

I am not a native speaker, but the generally reliable Jim Breen Japanese dictionary gives translation with 4 symbols, link above.
拡張現実 【かくちょうげんじつ】 (n) augmented reality;
501k serp.

your version- "拡張現実感" has one extra symbol on the end (感 【かん】 (n) feeling; sensation; emotion; admiration; impression)
checking it with "quotes", your 5 symbol does appear to get some English matches.
seems it gets only 43k serp....pretty low imo.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=%22%E6%8B%A1%E5%BC%B5%E7%8F%BE%E5%AE%9F%E6%84%9F%22&rlz=1R2GGLL_en&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CDrGz85BPTJmOD4vwygStuq25CgAAAKoEBU_QAjKi

sbe18
28th July 2010, 05:29 AM
I own the 4 character term.

拡張現実.com

I forgot...sorry . I would have posted earlier.

but I think the 5 character term is very brandable even if the serp or direct search is lower etc..

I am working with a few high school kids on mobile AR stuff.

layar.com / wikitude /

AR is going to be a very significant application for games, coupons, and mapping.

I hope to sell it to a JP game company eventually.

Steve

erikbrodch
28th July 2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the posts
I own also the 4 char' .net. Congr' for the .com!
AR is going to be huge, It is realy the next big thing.
I own a lot of regular AR domains like augmenteddriving.com, augmentedparis.com, ARrome.com, ARinteriordesign.com and many more - I hope it will be good. Some nice application for AR I saw is for interior design. If you are at your new home and you would like to see how would the new sofa fits to your house, you can get in to ikea online catalog, take the image of a sofa and impalnt with your Iphone on your new house.
Anyway,
Thanks a lot,
Arik

domainguru
28th July 2010, 10:39 PM
However big Augmented Reality is going to be, if you are relying on domains like ARRome.com or ARInteriorDesign.com to make money, you are in for a big shock. A real one, to the pocket, not a virtual one. The domain game isn't the same as in 2000, and even then, most of it was fantasy not reality.

erikbrodch
29th July 2010, 07:07 AM
Well, maybe so,
But I think it's far too soon to make those kind of assumptions. The searched terms will changed a lot in the next months so, Yes, it is a shot in the dark but who knows.
I have other domains which are more safe than the above but time will tell.

domainguru
29th July 2010, 06:00 PM
Well, maybe so,
But I think it's far too soon to make those kind of assumptions. The searched terms will changed a lot in the next months so, Yes, it is a shot in the dark but who knows.
I have other domains which are more safe than the above but time will tell.

Except the ASCII domains you mentioned aren't search terms and never will be to any extent.

Reminds me of the discussions we used to have in the Afternic chat room back "in the day". Where people were regging hundreds of domains around the latest buzzword, "smartphone" or whatever, saying "its gonna be huge", whilst others were saying "the world doesn't need all those domains, they certainly won't pay to acquire them.

As a rule, the 2nd group were right, the 1st group were just way too enthusiastic.

Go for quality over quantity every time, in whatever language ..... has nice side-benefit of giving you too to have a life outside of domains too :)

erikbrodch
29th July 2010, 08:27 PM
I agree with the last sentence. I didn't buy a lot of domains.
I am not a prophet but I think, as a consumer, that there are great apps for it, I don't think it will fade. General motors, ben and jerry's and many other already has AR apps. look at the word "apps", Iphone apps etc: they did well. Anyway, I'm in domains for just 2.5 years. I can use any good info/ opinion.
Thanks

alpha
29th July 2010, 08:50 PM
nice flower Lee, Pink too. awesome.

domainguru
29th July 2010, 09:17 PM
nice flower Lee, Pink too. awesome.

Must be a sign of change ;-)

But then again, everything is constantly changing right?

sbe18
29th July 2010, 10:50 PM
yeah....I like the pink.

Odd, pink is a very masculine color in 2/3 of China.
And blue is for girls...

re: AR

AR and smartphones.... are the change.

http://goo.gl/QE4y

mobile web with GPS inputs and map overlays have been common in Japan for over 6 years.

2 ASCII names that I have owned for a while got validated today.

mobilemapads.com
mobilemapcoupons.com

google says 10% and growing of their searches are from mobile now....

on domains my opinion is that the dot mobi was a wasted effort.
but "M- xxxxxx" or mobile or movile or moveis etc...as adjectives in 2 word and 3 word domains is a good vertical in all languages.

the expectation of the mobile world was right.
the bet on dot mobi was wrong.

ascii com and IDN com are part of Com's trillion $ branding / mindshare.

s/