PDA

View Full Version : invitation

squirrel
30th July 2010, 06:42 PM
Is there a way for me to send someone an invitation to join IDNF and finding out if that person actually joined or not ?

Thank you

alpha
30th July 2010, 07:13 PM
Is there a way for me to send someone an invitation to join IDNF and finding out if that person actually joined or not ?

Thank you

during the signup process, they have the option to fill in this:

If you were referred to this site by an existing member of IDN Forums - Internationalised Domain Names, enter their username here.

If they did signup and filled that in, then I would have no problem telling you.

But you'll understand that we can't just lookup email addresses and disclose usernames on an adhoc basis.

Drewbert
30th July 2010, 07:43 PM
Given that >90% of the membership applications come from spammers, make sure he uses an email address that makes WHOIS data entries appear when the email address is searched on Google.

ESPECIALLY if he happens to be from Pakistan, India, Philippines, Nigeria, etc etc.

Or get him to tell you the username he's trying to sign up under and LMK so I can rush that one through.

squirrel
30th July 2010, 07:47 PM
sure, I understand that.

I thought maybe there was a way to send affiliate-like "register to IDNF" links.
My intention was to send IDNF invitations to people that email me with lowball offers and subsequently check who joined and who didn't.

I'll just send out that link I guess : http://www.idnforums.com/forums/register.php

thanks

squirrel
30th July 2010, 07:50 PM
Given that >90% of the membership applications come from spammers, make sure he uses an email address that makes WHOIS data entries appear when the email address is searched on Google.

ESPECIALLY if he happens to be from Pakistan, India, Philippines, Nigeria, etc etc.

Or get him to tell you the username he's trying to sign up under and LMK so I can rush that one through.

Thanks Drewbert,

since I will not send invitations to people I know I'm not gonna bother you with that