PDA

View Full Version : Pujnabi IDN domain.com 3300 searches worth to register?

catchnames
1st August 2010, 01:08 PM
I have found a punjabi name who search volume as per google is 3300.Is domain worth registering?

Ryu
1st August 2010, 02:04 PM
you can't judge value of domain names just by checking search volume.

but if answer your question out of my gut feel, nope, it's not worth registering.

squirrel
1st August 2010, 04:06 PM
Is that GAKT exact searches ?

catchnames
1st August 2010, 06:40 PM
Yes it is. Exact search volume

catchnames
1st August 2010, 06:59 PM
never mind I registered it. Its transliteration of sex ਸੇਕ੍ਸ.com. It is sex is used in Indian languages as it is.It has 2800 eaxct search in google. After an investor did show interest in my hindi transliteration of sex.com.I think its worth taking a risk.Your comments?
ਸੇਕ੍ਸ.com

squirrel
1st August 2010, 08:24 PM
translit are tricky sometimes. It looks like a reasonable catch now

domainguru
1st August 2010, 10:28 PM
Considering the low PPC value of "sex" names in general, plus the low PPC value of Punjabi names, I would be looking for an absolute minimum of 100K exact searches per month, to be honest nearer 500K. There are still loads of names with 3K monthly searches in better languages unregistered, and for good reason.

squirrel
1st August 2010, 10:55 PM
In the Punjabi (Gurmukhi) space, 2.8 K exact is a large volume.

You just can't find 100K in certain languages, that doesn't mean that there's no potential for it though. You need to have a long investment horizon to invest in Punjabi to begin with..

domainguru
1st August 2010, 11:41 PM
In the Punjabi (Gurmukhi) space, 2.8 K exact is a large volume.

You just can't find 100K in certain languages, that doesn't mean that there's no potential for it though. You need to have a long investment horizon to invest in Punjabi to begin with..

Yep, fully appreciate 2.8K exact is *relatively* large in that market. Says to me a market to avoid at all costs, unless you idea of fun is renewing domains for 20 years before they make more than $1 a year.

If anyone has any stats for how searches in Hindi or Gurmukhi are exploding, I'm all ears. Any other stats are just wish fulfillment.

blastfromthepast
1st August 2010, 11:56 PM
It might be a prime term for sex in Molvanian, but you will have trouble setting up such a site to make any money from people in Molvania. Molvanian sex words get a little but of traffic. But one person I know who tried to develop a Molvanian forum has problems getting hacked by Molvanian hackers who do everything to close the site down. They can't find any advertisers willing to put ads on the site as well.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 03:45 AM
Traffic on some hindiIDN.com is there.Not increasing as such sex.com in hindi gets 50 typein and a one letter hindi idn gets 5-10 visitor per month.
Problem is that no user has so far seen a single IDN hindi site.Some of big investors in hindi .com should take lead and create some content. Then market it by press relase sending the site to hindi bloggers for review. Since,adsense is not supported on Hindi content people will have to reply on affiliate programs.
Any big hindi IDN investor here? I think there is an opportunity.what you think?

blastfromthepast
2nd August 2010, 03:59 AM
Lots of opportunity, not enough ads or affiliate programs to support it.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 04:11 AM
Lots of opportunity, not enough ads or affiliate programs to support it.
Do you own hindi IDN?or Indian IDNS?

squirrel
2nd August 2010, 04:30 AM
The best indian idns are owned by IDNF members. (as far as I know).
Internet penetration in India is very low, in some case the hardware is not there yet, not to mention OS and applications. PPC is very far down the list
GSM phones are promising though.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 04:37 AM
The best indian idns are own by IDNF members. (as far as I know).
Internet penetration in India is very low, in some case the hardware is not there yet, not to mention OS and applications. PPC is very far down the list
GSM phones are promising though.

With sakshat, program university and colleges will be wired in coming years (it is happening as we speak.If low cost access device ever becomes a reality.I few million Indian students will be online through their institutions.

If you have not heard of 35$ access device

http://visibleblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/india-unveils-1500-rs-30-laptop.html

I think typing IDN on mobile phones is an issue as well.Am I correct?

squirrel
2nd August 2010, 04:45 AM
I think typing IDN on mobile phones is an issue as well.Am I correct?

I don't think it's a problem for java enabled phones... I'm guessing

blastfromthepast
2nd August 2010, 05:00 AM
There are just a few people who have gotten all the good names.

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 05:09 AM

All the good names are still there i nhindi. up until last week car.com and girls.com were available ;)

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 05:18 AM
I don't think it's a problem for java enabled phones... I'm guessing

I use a nokia 2G GSM phone and have opera-mini on it.Not sure how can I type in Hindi in browser address bar.

Its chicken and egg problem. Unless there is significant content google won't let adsesne program open for Hindi or Indian idn content.However, I believe if someone takes a lead and develops a Hindi IDN website,it will receive a lot of publicity.Once you get traffic, site based advertising is an option.there are few affiliate program for insurance,credit-card,travel,hotel,matrimony etc as well.

On a side note following news paper is showing adsense ads.Its Hindi content.IS it allowed?
http://www.bhaskar.com/

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 05:19 AM
All the good names are still there i nhindi. up until last week car.com and girls.com were available ;)

car.com was taken in 2005 xn--11b8cxb.com कार.com. I don't know what translation you are using for girls.com.

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 05:22 AM
car.com was taken in 2005 xn--11b8cxb.com कार.com. I don't know what translation you are using for girls.com.

the best translation possible. highly educated native speakers.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 05:27 AM
I don't about which highly desirable girls.com was available.But I am a hindi speaker as well as dmoz hindi section editor.I can tell you car.com was taken in 2005.

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 05:31 AM
I don't about which highly desirable girls.com was available.But I am a hindi speaker as well as dmoz hindi section editor.I can tell you car.com was taken in 2005.

if you are a native speaker, do u mind translating girls.com to Hindi with transliteration in English, so that we're both on the same page here.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 05:42 AM
if you are a native speaker, do u mind translating girls.com to Hindi with transliteration in English, so that we're both on the same page here.
Girls.com
Translation लड़कियाँ.com very little value,singular would be better and have some value
Transliteration गर्ल्स.com very little value not used in day to day Hindi.Tell me your name I would let you know if it is used or not.

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 05:51 AM
Girls.com
Translation लड़कियाँ.com very little value,singular would be better and have some value
Transliteration गर्ल्स.com very little value not used in day to day Hindi.Tell us your name I would let you know if it is used or not.

which one would be proper for girls ?

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 05:54 AM
For girls.com first one will be proper ie लड़कियाँ.com,But don't have much value and still available. xn--h1b3b7dk6de5r.com
Why not you give me your name if it is already registered.Its possible that its other translation of the word and have some value.If you are not comfortable in putting name here, you may pm me..

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 05:59 AM
For girls.com first one will be proper ie लड़कियाँ.com,But don't have much value and still available. xn--h1b3b7dk6de5r.com
Why not you give me your name if it is already registered.Its possible that its other translation of the word and have some value.If you are not comfortable in putting name here, you may pm me..

that's the one i got. that's the proper way of writing it.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 06:04 AM
I think its still available register it if you wish,not much value less than 20 searches in google

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 06:07 AM
I sat down with a group of native speakers from different parts of India. Who read write at Highest level of University education. comparing proper Hindi words to online dictionaries, and I can tell you that around 30% those dictionaries are correct.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 06:09 AM
Its okay,if you don't want to tell name.I thought I was of some help.

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 06:10 AM
I think its still available register it if you wish,not much value less than 20 searches in google

who cares how many searches it has in Google right now. All languages of India are in hibernation at the moment. All i know is that the one I got is the proper one, as well as the car.com that you say was registered in 2005, I don't think so. I am happy with it that's all. :cool:

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 06:12 AM
Its okay,if you don't want to tell name.I thought I was of some help.
:) You were a great help
+1

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 06:27 AM
who cares how many searches it has in Google right now. All languages of India are in hibernation at the moment. All i know is that the one I got is the proper one, as well as the car.com that you say was registered in 2005, I don't think so. I am happy with it that's all. :cool:

Car.com just check yourself. xn--11b8cxb.com. If I were you I would have used this opportunity to double check with a native speaker who is domainer as well.
G

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 06:35 AM
Car.com just check yourself. xn--11b8cxb.com. If I were you I would have used this opportunity to double check with a native speaker who is domainer as well.
G

I am not a native speaker but listening to Google translate on this, and in sounds like an English transliteration of car. कार
and I'll tell you I would rather prefer to listen to a group of highly educated native speakers then just any domainer.

Proper is proper.

catchnames
2nd August 2010, 06:40 AM
I won't waste my time.Name is already registered in 2005. Use IDN tools and check whois for this name. xn--11b8cxb.com
Just for my credentials I am dmoz editor of Hindi section not just a domainer.I was chief editor of my college magazine from Hindi section as well.
I wonder why I chose to give free advice!If you think you have hit a JackPot.Good luck to you.

DktoInc
2nd August 2010, 06:50 AM
I won't waste my time.Name is already registered in 2005. Use IDN tools and check whois for this name. xn--11b8cxb.com
Just for my credentials I am dmoz editor of Hindi section not just a domainer.I was chief editor of my college magazine from Hindi section as well.
I wonder why I chose to give free advice!If you think you have hit a JackPot.Good luck to you.

hey, i don't question your credentials, I can tell you now that whatever it is its not available no more.

and you confirmed it yourself that the proper one for girls is लड़कियाँ.

blastfromthepast
2nd August 2010, 11:44 PM
Stop arguing guys. The best Hindi domains are long gone. There are a several native speaking IDNers who got there first, plus the dictionary and glossary miners on IDNF got there three or more years ago. What you are picking up today are either secondary value terms, or mistakes.

Indian languages are not in hibernation. Each month there is more and more content out there in each language.

DktoInc
3rd August 2010, 05:54 AM
Stop arguing guys. The best Hindi domains are long gone. There are a several native speaking IDNers who got there first, plus the dictionary and glossary miners on IDNF got there three or more years ago. What you are picking up today are either secondary value terms, or mistakes.

Indian languages are not in hibernation. Each month there is more and more content out there in each language.

I Hope those IDNF miners can confirm their proper translation for domains:
car.com and girls.com in Hindi right here on IDNF

Top keywords getting 0k-10k searches a month, is hibernation.

Rubber Duck
3rd August 2010, 06:48 AM
hey, i don't question your credentials, I can tell you now that whatever it is its not available no more.

and you confirmed it yourself that the proper one for girls is लड़कियाँ.

Linguistic accuracy has bugger all to do with anything. We are cluesless linguistically, but judged things on specific Google Search results when Hindi started to get indexed some couple of year later. If it is what people actually use, it is good. How things appear in official or historical documents is irrelevant if it is not in common useage.

The biggest problem was the BBC because they boosted the search results but invariably got it wrong. Wikipedia was another nightmare source.