PDA

View Full Version : Its high time you should develop your Hindi IDN

catchnames
4th August 2010, 01:21 PM
I think if Hindi IDN investors don't develop some of their Hindi IDN now, It may be tool late.Indian registry may release .bharat (भारत) within a year or two.Before this happen HINDI IDN.com should establish itself.I have put together my thoughts on blog post.

http://visibleblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-now-or-neverdevelop-your-hindi-com.html
Looking for fellow domainers opinion about it.what you think?

Rubber Duck
4th August 2010, 01:59 PM
I think if Hindi IDN investors don't develop some of their Hindi IDN now, It may be tool late.Indian registry may release .bharat (भारत) within a year or two.Before this happen HINDI IDN.com should establish itself.I have put together my thoughts on blog post.

http://visibleblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-now-or-neverdevelop-your-hindi-com.html

We are really really scared. Not!

Anyway, we went through all this development milarky with Japanese. Didn't make a blind bit of difference from what I could see. If there Hindi keyword advertising out there, it might make a cash return, but there isn't as yet, so it won't.

catchnames
4th August 2010, 02:20 PM
1. I think Japanese tld.tld was not launched when content on japanese IDN.com was developed. Correct me I am wrong.Is Japanes IDN.jp aliased?
2. Here you have no content on Hindi IDN.com or .net,when aliased indianidn.in read[..भारत'] will be released what incentive undeveloped कॉम provides that it would be widely used over . भारत
3. I know there is little incentive in developing Hindi IDN from adsense per se,but I am advocating it to develop a portion of your portfolio.Its like buying insurance for Hindi IDN.com investment.
4 To start with one may chose to invest between 200$-500$/per site.If you have invested even 1000$ for 5-8 years [or plan to invest, why not spare some money and "insure" your existing investment.

Rubber Duck
4th August 2010, 03:47 PM
Well, no point anyway, as I have reliably been informed that all non-speakers bought a crock of shit.

1. I think Japanese tld.tld was not launched when content on japanese IDN.com was developed. Correct me I am wrong.Is Japanes IDN.jp aliased?
2. Here you have no content on Hindi IDN.com or .net,when aliased indianidn.in read[..भारत'] will be released what incentive undeveloped कॉम provides that it would be widely used over . भारत
3. I know there is little incentive in developing Hindi IDN from adsense per se,but I am advocating it to develop a portion of your portfolio.Its like buying insurance for Hindi IDN.com investment.
4 To start with one may chose to invest between 200$-500$/per site.If you have invested even 1000$ for 5-8 years [or plan to invest, why not spare some money and "insure" your existing investment.

DktoInc
4th August 2010, 05:05 PM
Well, no point anyway, as I have reliably been informed that all non-speakers bought a crock of shit.

they bought that from native speakers. There is an eBay group of guys in India who you should all thank for selling you crocks of shit. I delt with a few of them on line before, its a good thing I prepared myself with a few native speaker on my side.

sbe18
4th August 2010, 05:41 PM
cross language expertise and investment are NOT the same thing.

German: 40% of dot DE have hyphens

Russian : hyphens are very very important in a % of terms, and others not so.
but use of a hyphen in Russian could be crucial for branding.
but buying the xxxxx-yyyy and the xxxxxyyyy in Russian is a risk mgmt method.

Arabic: Hyphens are crucial for 2 and 3 word domains. Period.
Arabic combined improperly is gibberish.

Hindi: Hyphens are crucial for a % of domains, but 2 word combinations can be appropriate even if Google returns zero results for SEO.
'movies', film, cinema, as the 2nd word is an example .

Native speakers are experts in language and culture.
But I am not convinced that brilliant people are instant brilliant IDN investors or web developers for that matter.

Katakana for TV.com in Japanese sold this week for $7700 as reported by Aaron and Gary.

Will CBS who owns TV.com want it ?
Will NHK want it ?

who knows ?

Dozens of Chinese have told me that IDN's are ridiculous for China, since so many have adjusted to ASCII.

As I have written before, Hindi IDN's designed for ease of use for the masses using mobile phone browsers is the strategy that I intend in a year or so.
Until then....I am focused on the markets that have interest.

Thinking that IDNers can move markets, is noble, but not valid so far.

Let's see if the needle moves in Russia and Arabic speaking nations.

s/

catchnames
4th August 2010, 05:42 PM
I have helped a member of this forum to identify and rate "must drop","neutral value","okay","good domain" and "great domain" domains in his portfolio.If I can be any help let me know.Certainly, it needs local language skill to tell the name make sense in local perspective or not.Also, I have seen some names in aforesaid portfolio that is plural variants.Generally, plural variation of many word in Hindi are more than one based on usage of the word in sentence.While online translators can give meaning.it tells nothing about actual usage.
I am sure there are good names in everyone portfolio worth development.Coming back to original topic, Won't it be great if 1000 Hindi IDN .com investors commit to develop just one domain each.In my opinion, it will be great publicity for Hindi IDN.com.
While it may not bring direct revenue to you at this point in time,it will receive a lot of publicity among Hindi Blogger (first truly developed Hindi IDN domain!:-) and India bloggers.Whose knows mainstream media may pick the story as well.That may bring huge traffic to your site.You can always provide link to your other sides on developed Hindi DIN sites.So,incentives are there not direct though.And it will buy "insurance" to remaining domains in your portfolio,as I said before.

Rubber Duck
4th August 2010, 05:55 PM
I have helped a member of this forum to identify and rate "must drop","neutral value","okay","good domain" and "great domain" domains in his portfolio.If I can be any help let me know.Certainly, it needs local language skill to tell the name make sense in local perspective or not.Also, I have seen some names in aforesaid portfolio that is plural variants.Generally, plural variation of many word in Hindi are more than one based on usage of the word in sentence.While online translators can give meaning.it tells nothing about actual usage.
I am sure there are good names in everyone portfolio worth development.Coming back to original topic, Won't it be great if 1000 Hindi IDN .com investors commit to develop just one domain each.In my opinion, it will be great publicity for Hindi IDN.com.
While it may not bring direct revenue to you at this point in time,it will receive a lot of publicity among Hindi Blogger (first truly developed Hindi IDN domain!:-) and India bloggers.Whose knows mainstream media may pick the story as well.That may bring huge traffic to your site.You can always provide link to your other sides on developed Hindi DIN sites.So,incentives are there not direct though.And it will buy "insurance" to remaining domains in your portfolio,as I said before.

The problem is that there are not 1000 investors, just a few clueless foreigners.

catchnames
4th August 2010, 05:56 PM
cross language expertise and investment are NOT the same thing.

Thinking that IDNers can move markets, is noble, but not valid so far.

Let's see if the needle moves in Russia and Arabic speaking nations.

s/

Internet and Mobile Association of India,has published a study on number of local language website on Internet. It found only 713 true Hindi websites exists on internet! Read the report-Its PDF (http://www.iamai.in/Upload/Research/Vernacular%20Content%20Report_29.pdf) Methodology used in collection of data and accuracy of the claim can be debated.
But its no denying fact,that Number of Hindi website is very low at this moment.So,I do think we domain holders can influence it in great way if we can produce even 500 content based websites.Once Google results starts showing pages from Hindi IDN domains, .com Hindi IDN will get true recognition.Yes, because we have very few Hindi site,I do believe we can make an impact here.

blastfromthepast
4th August 2010, 06:36 PM
Have you taken the first step yourself? Can you show us some sites?

Rubber Duck
4th August 2010, 06:48 PM
Internet and Mobile Association of India,has published a study on number of local language website on Internet. It found only 713 true Hindi websites exists on internet! Read the report-Its PDF (http://www.iamai.in/Upload/Research/Vernacular%20Content%20Report_29.pdf) Methodology used in collection of data and accuracy of the claim can be debated.
But its no denying fact,that Number of Hindi website is very low at this moment.So,I do think we domain holders can influence it in great way if we can produce even 500 content based websites.Once Google results starts showing pages from Hindi IDN domains, .com Hindi IDN will get true recognition.Yes, because we have very few Hindi site,I do believe we can make an impact here.

Come up with a survey that is less than 3 years old then you may have some credibility.

The number of Hindi sites that have been indexed by Google have grown exponentially since that time.

I believe Google actually didn't index sites until that adopted standard encodement, so many are conversions rather than real.

Even back then the numbers were laughable.

But what do I know, I am just an ignorant foreigner

Rubber Duck
4th August 2010, 06:50 PM

I think you have misunderstood. He obviously wants you to stump up a Grand whilst he bungs up a mini-site, which hopefully you don't understand anyway.

Or maybe you will get lucky and have Bullion.com cloned into Hindi?

catchnames
4th August 2010, 07:08 PM

I have mentioned in my post:
"I have not invested in Hindi .com IDN, a lot but I do have 4 Hindi IDN.com. 3 are one letter .com which are better left undeveloped. I am planning to register my 5th one soon (yes, I have decided the name) and develop it.That’s means I will develop 20% of my portfolio, are you committing to develop at least 10% of your portfolio? "

No answer is I have not yet developed any Hindi IDN website.I do have some XOOPS CMS based website which I developed as hobby(In English) and currently working on an English site(not hobby but mainstream) based on Joomla CMS.
After this will start working on my First Hindi IDN domain based website.Did you want to know If I can develop sites?Did I answer your question?

catchnames
4th August 2010, 07:24 PM
Come up with a survey that is less than 3 years old then you may have some credibility.

The number of Hindi sites that have been indexed by Google have grown exponentially since that time.

I believe Google actually didn't index sites until that adopted standard encodement, so many are conversions rather than real.

Even back then the numbers were laughable.

But what do I know, I am just an ignorant foreigner

Survey was released in Dec 2008.So, IT's 1.5 years old.I myself is debating the methodology used in study we can debate on exact number that is 731(As per study).But value is real low,and with low value I think we domainers can make an impact if we can develop 500 websites.Come on,Its not me who had written the survey report.It is by Indian industry for Internet players.Why they will intentionally want to reduce the numbers of sites.

I think you have misunderstood. He obviously wants you to stump up a Grand whilst he bungs up a mini-site, which hopefully you don't understand anyway.

Or maybe you will get lucky and have Bullion.com cloned into Hindi?

Did I say hire me to develop your site.Develop it with anyone you like.I won't mind developing it for you if you want.
Its your decision to develop minisite or full site.I do have ascii Hindi minisite.
http://www.premchand.org
as well as a few English site which I developed as Hobby.All of them uses Xoops CMS.
http://genuine.in
http://4321.in
http://bharat.name
Currently working on a site (a serious development not hobby)
http://onlinetax.co.in
Did I answer your question?

alpha
4th August 2010, 08:04 PM
@catchnames

Would you like me to edit and correct your earlier post, it reads you only have 4 Hindi IDNs, I assume you omitted a word i.e. "hundred"

Do let me know, because after all that foreplay you posted, as it reads right now you look like rather silly and your credibility has evaporated.

catchnames
4th August 2010, 08:11 PM
@catchnames

Would you like me to edit and correct your earlier post, it reads you only have 4 Hindi IDNs, I assume you omitted a word i.e. "hundred"

Do let me know, because after all that foreplay you posted, as it reads right now you look like rather silly and your credibility has evaporated.

1. Did you read my first post [link in the first post of this thread]
2. I currently have just 4 name, I am registering the 5th one which planning to develop.
3.How number of domains is related with credibility of my statements.I have given reasons and data for my argument.You can come up with a reason to counter me.

bwhhisc
4th August 2010, 10:16 PM
Development is good...but eventually consumers will see idn.idn and idn.com and they will be adopted to go alongside english.com and english.in names.

India is a BIG place, over a billion people, they are going to need a LOT of domain names. ;)

Rubber Duck
4th August 2010, 10:47 PM
they bought that from native speakers. There is an eBay group of guys in India who you should all thank for selling you crocks of shit. I delt with a few of them on line before, its a good thing I prepared myself with a few native speaker on my side.

Which coast is that on then and are flights cheap?

DktoInc
5th August 2010, 12:28 AM
Which coast is that on then and are flights cheap?

cheaper then what you spent on Hindi IDNs ;)

bwhhisc
5th August 2010, 01:08 AM

I think the point here is the majority of native speaking Indian domainers (mostly voiced at namepros) give Indian IDNs zero chance of success. They emphatically believe the Indian internet will always be based on Engish language and english urls.

DktoInc
5th August 2010, 01:41 AM
I think the point here is the majority of native speaking Indian domainers (mostly voiced at namepros) give Indian IDNs zero chance of success. They emphatically believe the Indian internet will always be based on Engish language and english urls.

In regards to that I think its good that they think that way, more for me.

Just because a 1000 lazy people don't want to develop content in Hindi, doesn't mean that the other 1.2 billion think the same way.
Give it 2-5 years and see that happens especially now that everyone can afford a computer for 1500 rupees ($35) to start with. It will only get cheaper.
With so much IT, software development, and engineering coming from India's silicone valley, its only a matter of 1 large corp. making additions to their business strategy and show interest in the local market and everyone else will follow. I think every one is kind of waiting for all IDN cctlds and gtlds to be released before any multi-million decision can be made. No one wants to waist time or money and not get anything in return. Right now there is more focus on the English market because that is what brings home bread and butter. Once the market widens its horizons you will see how quickly the minds change. Every one needs to eat.

Rubber Duck
5th August 2010, 05:02 AM
cheaper then what you spent on Hindi IDNs ;)

Morecambe and Wise had nothing on you two!

DktoInc
5th August 2010, 05:43 AM
Morecambe and Wise had nothing on you two!

I don't get British comedy either. :no:

catchnames
5th August 2010, 07:10 AM
1. Hindi content is there but not content on Hindi IDN.com.These are 2 different things.
2. Sure someone (or bunch) of people will take lead and develop Hindi IDN.If it is too late probably people may chose Hindi IDN.in alias.That was my point.
3.As far as people on namepros telling Hindi IDN junk.By randomly scanning a few hundred whois,I found there are a few big investor from India(Indian origin),who have invested in Hindi IDN.Probably,either they are silent and watching or they are not on namerpos.I guess they just want to avoid attention and grab remaining good .com maybe as and when available.Someone junk may be someone's gold.But What I know.
In regards to that I think its good that they think that way, more for me.

Just because a 1000 lazy people don't want to develop content in Hindi, doesn't mean that the other 1.2 billion think the same way.
Give it 2-5 years and see that happens especially now that everyone can afford a computer for 1500 rupees ($35) to start with. It will only get cheaper.

Rubber Duck
5th August 2010, 07:15 AM
By big, did you mean more than 5?

Of course their have been one or two big Hindi Investors on here, but don't assume they are all Indian or that all foreigners went to EBay.

If you cannot find me on your Who.is list then you need to do a bit more homework.

catchnames
5th August 2010, 07:21 AM
Yes.I have seen two individual having more than 20 domains (I was not counting).I have scanned only around 100+ whois.One is respected member of this forum.One big Indian investor is from Jaipur India who has registered most of his name in 2005 and still holding.

Rubber Duck
5th August 2010, 07:30 AM
Yes.I have seen two individual having more than 20 domains (I was not counting).I have scanned only around 100+ whois.One is respected member of this forum.One big Indian investor is from Jaipur India who has registered most of his name in 2005 and still holding.

So two respected members of this forum then.

DktoInc
5th August 2010, 05:03 PM
So two respected members of this forum then.

with India's 64% litteracy rate I wonder if those investors can spell. By the looks of things right now, still lots of top keywords are available in propper spelling, and I am not talking about English words spelled in Hindi.
(ex. car कार)

catchnames
5th August 2010, 05:26 PM
with India's 64% litteracy rate I wonder if those investors can spell. By the looks of things right now, still lots of top keywords are available in propper spelling, and I am not talking about English words spelled in Hindi.
(ex. car कार)

Why not you check whois before posting?
car.com कार.com
xn--11b8cxb.com
is taken back in 2005.I think I pointed to you before. And it is taken by your so called "illiterate" Indian. Since you never bother to check whois, I am doing it for you.
Domain Name: XN--11B8CXB.COM
Registrar: MONIKER

Registrant [492406]:
******NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR STAFF************ Please do not post personal who.is data on forum
jaipur
rajasthan
IN

Administrative Contact [492406]:
******NAME REMOVED BY MODERATOR STAFF************ Please do not post personal who.is data on forum
jaipur
rajasthan
IN
Phone: +91.1412281212

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.YAHOO.COM
NS2.YAHOO.COM

Record created on: 2005-12-11 06:07:38.0
Database last updated on: 2009-12-08 18:58:00.36
Domain Expires on: 2010-12-11 06:07:38.0

DktoInc
5th August 2010, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=catchnames;165977]Why not you check whois before posting?
car.com कार.com
xn--11b8cxb.com
is taken back in 2005.I think I pointed to you before.And it is taken by your so called "illiterate" Indian.Since you never bother to check whois,I am doing it for you.

कार (car) is an english word, written in HINDI.
गाड़ी (car) is a hindi word for car, written in HINDI.

can you tell the difference?

http://translate.google.ca/translate_t?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=VTS&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&q=car&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=hi&sa=X&ei=CCBbTOedDIT58Aav4vzkAg&ved=0CBQQrgYwAA#hi|en|%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A1%E0%A4%BC%E0%A5%80

Or are you going to tell me that it's not used?

sbe18
5th August 2010, 10:02 PM
great point on car ...

Hindi branding going forward will be a very interesting comparison with Japan.

Katakana/ Hiragana / Romaji spellings are all used for Western expressions in Japan..

Hindi is going to find a rapid grow of slang terms on the web.

It should be interesting as British based Indians vs American based Indians struggle with slang of their own, vs slang back in India itself.

Again, the 2 word / hyphen issue is unclear often in Hindi.

Buy to hold, and to develop ...

Buying for CPC or traffic is foolish for the short to medium run.

( except for a member here...who has 'cricket'.....:eek:

domainguru
6th August 2010, 12:55 AM
(ex. car कार)

I love all this talk of "litteracy" and "propper spelling", classic :)

BTW, I am still struggling to come to terms with this concept of words which are "proper" or not. It makes not a jot of difference where the word comes from, whether it is a translit or not, yada yada yada. Languages are not static objects. If it get searches on the web, its by definition "proper".

Rubber Duck
6th August 2010, 04:48 AM
I love all this talk of "litteracy" and "propper spelling", classic :)

BTW, I am still struggling to come to terms with this concept of words which are "proper" or not. It makes not a jot of difference where the word comes from, whether it is a translit or not, yada yada yada. Languages are not static objects. If it get searches on the web, its by definition "proper".

Wot he said.

Rubber Duck
6th August 2010, 04:52 AM
Besides the true term is Devengari not Hindi. This is about script not language.

DktoInc
6th August 2010, 05:53 AM
Besides the true term is Devengari not Hindi. This is about script not language.

Correct me if I am wrong gentlemen; Isn't the whole point of IDN domains is to reach markets not reachable by the English Internet?
By registering English words in different languages, you are kind of missing the mark.

domainguru
6th August 2010, 10:56 AM
Correct me if I am wrong gentlemen; Isn't the whole point of IDN domains is to reach markets not reachable by the English Internet?
By registering English words in different languages, you are kind of missing the mark.

I think you are missing the mark by a long long way .................... have a rethink about IDNs in general. Or for a start, just what you choose to write about them.

Quick example, the most searched term in Thai is "เกมส์" - its a translit from English, "games". So according to you, no good because it is an English word?

Except it gets 300K searches a day from Thais and has gotten us nearly 100M pageviews to our site, or "mini-site" as you so laughably put it ......

Honestly dude, your credibility rating when you arrived here was low, but now its "lower than a snake's belly" ............. have you thought about getting a job?

Patriot
6th August 2010, 04:16 PM
Brought to you by your favorite 'self-promoter'.

http://www.BharatGO.com

DktoInc
6th August 2010, 04:17 PM
I think you are missing the mark by a long long way .................... have a rethink about IDNs in general. Or for a start, just what you choose to write about them.

Quick example, the most searched term in Thai is "เกมส์" - its a translit from English, "games". So according to you, no good because it is an English word?

Except it gets 300K searches a day from Thais and has gotten us nearly 100M pageviews to our site, or "mini-site" as you so laughably put it ......

Honestly dude, your credibility rating when you arrived here was low, but now its "lower than a snake's belly" ............. have you thought about getting a job?

Listen, I can go on and on forever insulting your miniature mind, but I won't. Going down to your level would be an insult to myself.

The whole point that i was trying to express here is about Hindi Idns and the top keywords that are still available in Hindi not English for those who are still investing in Hindi IDN domains. I understand that many languages adapt English words, for example "Internet" but thats because its not called anything else. If you are not interested, then keep on playing those games of yours and don't interrupt. If you purchased a shitload of translitirations and now you want to big them up, then continue to do so. I will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Better yet, put your money where your mouth is and show me some real sales for those domains your are talking about.

Patriot
6th August 2010, 04:48 PM
- Sorry Big Dog. Just trying to make another 5 bucks on a domain.
Nice job getting 100M page views on your domain.

bumblebee man
6th August 2010, 06:01 PM
Registrant [492406]:
jaipur
rajasthan
IN

This guy's got an amazing Hindi porfolio. He pretty much owns all the .coms of the Hindi .nets I have plus many more of the very best terms.

DktoInc
6th August 2010, 06:25 PM
This guy's got an amazing Hindi porfolio. He pretty much owns all the .coms of the Hindi .nets I have plus many more of the very best terms.

No doubt, he has great Hindi Idns, but still too many Top names are available

Rubber Duck
6th August 2010, 09:01 PM

He certainly had the language skills but the Duck had the jump on him from a timing perspective. ;)

bwhhisc
6th August 2010, 11:34 PM

And he is a member here at IDNF for many years....

Rubber Duck
7th August 2010, 06:45 AM
Yes, to press the point, he wanted me to swap his home town Jaipur for another city but I hadn't registered that one myself in Hindi because Wikipedia told me it was an Urdu speaking city. Lovely guy. He went off to Havard. We haven't heard so much from him recently.

domainguru
7th August 2010, 09:23 AM
Listen, I can go on and on forever insulting your miniature mind, but I won't. Going down to your level would be an insult to myself.

The whole point that i was trying to express here is about Hindi Idns and the top keywords that are still available in Hindi not English for those who are still investing in Hindi IDN domains. I understand that many languages adapt English words, for example "Internet" but thats because its not called anything else. If you are not interested, then keep on playing those games of yours and don't interrupt. If you purchased a shitload of translitirations and now you want to big them up, then continue to do so. I will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Better yet, put your money where your mouth is and show me some real sales for those domains your are talking about.

Why would I sell a domain getting 50K pageviews a day? Idiot. They are worth more to me as a developer than someone like you that can barely spell let alone develop anything. What have you ever developed beyond your inflated ego?

Btw, I didn't purchase them, I registered them in 2001 - some translits, some not, but who gives a ***** - you don't seem to get the message - it doesn't matter where the word comes from, just that people search for it in their native language :)

its very strange when I tell you the top-searched term in Thai is a translit and you choose to turn that into "purchased a shitload of translits ...." - what gives?

I can keep discussing for as long as you like ..... all good.

DktoInc
7th August 2010, 08:12 PM
This is my last post on this thread. I will not talk about it again.
in the last 2 weeks, i have regged about 7 top category killers in Hindi.
starting from car.com>girls>baby......... Hindi hunting season is still open.

Why am i doing this? Just giving back to the community for the IDN education that i received here on this forum. The least I can do.
Someone once asked me here what have I done for the IDN community?
well there you go., and there is more coming.

DomainGuru:
I really can't take what you say seriously, I am trying very hard. As I said you want to big your translits up, I don't care but don't try to confuse anyone here, I played your games in kindergarten.
Talk about your เกมส์ translit of games and big it up all you want, but using เกม.com for your new "MiniSite" and telling everyone here how proud you are of your translits, takes your credibility level to BULLSHITTER. Stamp that in your signature in Thai translit instead.
You can comment all you want, I am not interested in your opinion anymore.

As i said this is my last post on this thread.
I provided enough evidence and made my points very clearly.
Those of you who get what i am saying, you know what to do.

blastfromthepast
8th August 2010, 12:47 AM

Why am i doing this? Just giving back to the community for the IDN education that i received here on this forum. The least I can do.
Someone once asked me here what have I done for the IDN community?
well there you go., and there is more coming.

Actually, you haven't regged 7 top category killers in Hindi. You've regged lesser used versions that not one, not two, but a whole group of IDNers all looked over, considered, and decided weren't worth reg fee, over the course of 5 years.

Don't fool yourself that regging domains is somehow giving back to the community.

bwhhisc
8th August 2010, 02:54 AM

Are you using native speakers to locate names?

Most top Hindi were taken in 2001, most are still registered. Another large amount were registered between mid- 2005 and March of 2006. Be interested to see what you are finding available to register.

catchnames
8th August 2010, 11:06 AM
Don't go by word for word translation.गाड़ी is generic term used for "vehicle".You need to have knowledge of language before you can understand actual usage.Car is used as "car" कार in Hindi as well.These type of word taken from other languages in Hindi grammar is known as "Videsaj".You will be lucky if you find premium words still unregistered.

P.S - I am way from my home town with little and intermittent web access.I may be not able to reply or participate posts in timely manner.
[QUOTE=catchnames;165977]Why not you check whois before posting?
car.com कार.com
xn--11b8cxb.com
is taken back in 2005.I think I pointed to you before.And it is taken by your so called "illiterate" Indian.Since you never bother to check whois,I am doing it for you.

कार (car) is an english word, written in HINDI.
गाड़ी (car) is a hindi word for car, written in HINDI.

can you tell the difference?

http://translate.google.ca/translate_t?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=VTS&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&q=car&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sl=en&tl=hi&sa=X&ei=CCBbTOedDIT58Aav4vzkAg&ved=0CBQQrgYwAA#hi|en|%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A1%E0%A4%BC%E0%A5%80

Or are you going to tell me that it's not used?

domainguru
8th August 2010, 12:19 PM
Are you using native speakers to locate names?

Most top Hindi were taken in 2001, most are still registered. Another large amount were registered between mid- 2005 and March of 2006. Be interested to see what you are finding available to register.

I'm guessing someone told him they were "local" in order to extract maximum spondoolies. One born every minute ....

sarcle
8th August 2010, 05:19 PM
Don't fool yourself that regging domains is somehow giving back to the community.

+1

to extract maximum spondoolies

If they were sugardoodles I would have been down.

bumblebee man
9th August 2010, 01:40 PM

Post the names and we can judge... I very much doubt that you got the prime terms.

Like you I am pretty late in this game. I checked a lot of Hindi names within the last year as this language isn't quite in the center of attention for most IDNers. I got a few .nets which I consider pretty good (I'm not a Hindi speaker, but they had good search stats). I am sure that everything still available in .com is most likely not a prime term or top keyword.

Regarding secondary terms and non-searched names I would expect that it will take a while until they get any value.

I provided enough evidence and made my points very clearly.

Have you? I must have missed that part. All you did was claiming that translits are worthless based on no evidence while domainguru has got some hard facts which support his point. :eek:

domaing
10th August 2010, 07:35 PM
Don't go by word for word translation.गाड़ी is generic term used for "vehicle".You need to have knowledge of language before you can understand actual usage.Car is used as "car" कार in Hindi as well.These type of word taken from other languages in Hindi grammar is known as "Videsaj".You will be lucky if you find premium words still unregistered.

P.S - I am way from my home town with little and intermittent web access.I may be not able to reply or participate posts in timely manner.
[QUOTE=DktoInc;165979]
:no::no:

I am a native Hindi speaker. It's hard to say that either one of them is better over other. Both are prime terms used to refer "car" locally.

कार = English word "Car" written in English.
गाड़ी = Hindi for "Car" as well as "a mode of transportation".
Vehicle = वाहन

Hope this helps!!!

catchnames
11th August 2010, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE=catchnames;166037]Don't go by word for word translation.गाड़ी is generic term used for "vehicle".You need to have knowledge of language before you can understand actual usage.Car is used as "car" कार in Hindi as well.These type of word taken from other languages in Hindi grammar is known as "Videsaj".You will be lucky if you find premium words still unregistered.

I am a native Hindi speaker. It's hard to say that either one of them is better over other. Both are prime terms used to refer "car" locally.

Vehicle = वाहन

Hope this helps!!!
कार is ofcourse prime.Have you seen any ads which says Maruti गाड़ी. गाड़ी is used in sense "mode of transportation" that why I said its close to vehicle.Vehicle itself is mode of transportation. गाड़ी is also used in sense of cart i.e रेलगाड़ी बैलगाड़ी .When someone says I have a गाड़ी,that doesn't mean he necessarily says he has a car.

blastfromthepast
11th August 2010, 04:55 AM
You can put a Ferrari decal on your go-cart and say it is a Ferrari, but no Ferrari dealer will sell your go-cart at Ferrari prices.

domaing
11th August 2010, 05:08 AM
[QUOTE=domaing;166103][I][COLOR="Blue"][I]
कार is ofcourse prime.Have you seen any ads which says Maruti गाड़ी. गाड़ी is used in sense "mode of transportation" that why I said its close to vehicle.Vehicle itself is mode of transportation. गाड़ी is also used in sense of cart i.e रेलगाड़ी बैलगाड़ी .When someone says I have a गाड़ी,that doesn't mean he necessarily says he has a car.

Ads are one thing, what people will look up is another. रेलगाड़ी is 'train' not 'cart' buddy. When used alone गाड़ी means 'car' or 'mode of transportation' like you already agreed.

When someone says I have a गाड़ी,that doesn't mean he necessarily says he has a carGoogle it...Newspapers show, where ever गाड़ी used alone they are referring to car. (This is for non hindi speakers).

Any other Hindi speaker here can confirm that I am right.

catchnames
11th August 2010, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=catchnames;166122]

Ads are one thing, what people will look up is another. रेलगाड़ी is 'train' not 'cart' buddy. When used alone गाड़ी means 'car' or 'mode of transportation' like you already agreed.

When someone says I have a गाड़ी,that doesn't mean he necessarily says he has a carGoogle it...Newspapers show, where ever गाड़ी used alone they are referring to car. (This is for non hindi speakers).

Any other Hindi speaker here can confirm that I am right.

Sure you may ask any Hindi speaker you want."MODE of transportation" is prime use of the word.That's why since beginning I said it is used more as A "vehicle". A car can be reffered as गाड़ी but not all गाड़ी are car.hence it can not be same as car. रेलगाड़ी is ofcourse train it has word गाड़ी in it.It means cart of rails.same as बैलगाड़ी ,it means bullock cart.

domainguru
11th August 2010, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=catchnames;166037]Don't go by word for word translation.गाड़ी is generic term used for "vehicle".You need to have knowledge of language before you can understand actual usage.Car is used as "car" कार in Hindi as well.These type of word taken from other languages in Hindi grammar is known as "Videsaj".You will be lucky if you find premium words still unregistered.

Vehicle = वाहन

Hope this helps!!!

I'm not really fond of someone impersonating my username, especially as he seems to be "related" to "DktoInc" - he just joined on 9th August, his username is "domaing", and "DktoInc" says stuff like:

-------------
DomainGuru:
I really can't take what you say seriously, I am trying very hard. As I said you want to big your translits up, I don't care but don't try to confuse anyone here, I played your games in kindergarten.
Talk about your เกมส์ translit of games and big it up all you want, but using เกม.com for your new "MiniSite" and telling everyone here how proud you are of your translits, takes your credibility level to BULLSHITTER. Stamp that in your signature in Thai translit instead.
--------------

To be honest, I really don't need to have fuckwits trolling me ..... get rid of these jokers or I'll just leave. I've had enough now. If I wanted a fight, I could go down the pub.

domaing
11th August 2010, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=domaing;166103][I][COLOR="Blue"][I]

I'm not really fond of someone impersonating my username, especially as he seems to be "related" to "DktoInc" - he just joined on 9th August, his username is "domaing", and "DktoInc" says stuff like:

-------------
DomainGuru:
--------------

To be honest, I really don't need to have fuckwits trolling me ..... get rid of these jokers or I'll just leave. I've had enough now. If I wanted a fight, I could go down the pub.

I am not sure why it's so serious. My idea was just to state the fact which any Indian who knows the use and feel of language can stand by. I am not sure how many other native Indians glimpsed over this thread and found it intruiging enough to participate or not.

On the other hand now Mr. Catchnames is at least accepting that गाड़ी is referred as car. A car can be reffered as गाड़ी but not all गाड़ी are car Before this wasn't the case at all. :yes:

alexd
11th August 2010, 07:41 PM

Sounds like an interesting pub !! Wheres your local ?

a2zofb2b
12th August 2010, 12:58 AM
गाड़ी is definitely a prime keyword.

In fact, there is a popular Hinglish site http://ghaadi.com/

DktoInc
12th August 2010, 01:13 AM

domaing
12th August 2010, 02:01 AM
गाड़ी is definitely a prime keyword.

In fact, there is a popular Hinglish site http://ghaadi.com/

:mad: How dare uuu? na i m js kidinn

domaing
12th August 2010, 04:17 AM
It is kind of odd. This guy shows up on the forums as DK's white knight as soon as DK's posts about his "premium" hindi domains. Kind of odd. Kind of odd.

More coming. If you would.

catchnames
12th August 2010, 04:47 AM
[QUOTE=domainguru;166133]

I am not sure why it's so serious. My idea was just to state the fact which any Indian who knows the use and feel of language can stand by. I am not sure how many other native Indians glimpsed over this thread and found it intruiging enough to participate or not.

On the other hand now Mr. Catchnames is at least accepting that गाड़ी is referred as car. A car can be reffered as गाड़ी but not all गाड़ी are car Before this wasn't the case at all. :yes:
From beginning I told its close to "Vehicle",aren't all cars vehicles? But Car and गाड़ी are not interchangable.Refer wikipedia if you still have confusion.

http://hi.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A1%E0%A4%BC%E0%A5%80
"गाड़ी का अर्थ होता है वाहन।"
Hope it helps.

domainguru
12th August 2010, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=domaing;166148][I][COLOR="Blue"]
From beginning I told its close to "Vehicle",aren't all cars vehicles? But Car and गाड़ी are not interchangable.Refer wikipedia if you still have confusion.

http://hi.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A1%E0%A4%BC%E0%A5%80
"गाड़ी का अर्थ होता है वाहन।"
Hope it helps.

You are quoting the wrong person. I didn't say that. I was quoting "domaing" - perhaps some people will now understand why I don't like DG impersonators :)

sarcle
13th August 2010, 12:41 AM
More coming. If you would.

If I would what? Come?

domaing
13th August 2010, 04:38 AM
You have a pretty cool avatar!

sarcle
13th August 2010, 05:13 AM
Thanks. And welcome to the forums.

domaing
13th August 2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks.

drbiohealth
14th August 2010, 11:36 PM
Usage statistics in Google (SERPS):

वाहन (vehicle/auto; pronouced as vaahan) - 3,030,000 - http://www.google.com/#hl=hi&q=%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%A8&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%A8&gs_rfai=&fp=9fb655b67d69d51e

कार (car; pronouced as car) - 3,200,000 - http://www.google.com/#hl=hi&q=%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B0&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=9fb655b67d69d51e

गाड़ी (loosely used for any vehicle under the sun, such as, truck, jeep, car, train, basically any carriage; pronouced as gaadi) - 888,000 - http://www.google.com/#hl=hi&q=%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A5%9C%E0%A5%80&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=9fb655b67d69d51e

Translation by google: http://translate.google.com/#en|hi|car

Guess the owner of Ghaadi.com would have loved to develop car.com instead, if such a choice was available to him!

Rubber Duck
14th August 2010, 11:40 PM
Welcome back. Hope you are well!

वाहन (vehicle/auto; pronouced as vaahan) - 3,030,000 - http://www.google.com/#hl=hi&q=%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%A8&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%A8&gs_rfai=&fp=9fb655b67d69d51e

कार (car; pronouced as car) - 3,200,000 - http://www.google.com/#hl=hi&q=%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B0&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=9fb655b67d69d51e

गाड़ी (loosely used for any vehicle under the sun, such as, truck, jeep, car, train, basically any carriage; pronouced as gaadi) - 888,000 - http://www.google.com/#hl=hi&q=%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A5%9C%E0%A5%80&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=9fb655b67d69d51e

Guess the owner of Ghaadi.com would have loved to develop car.com instead, if such a choice was available to him!

drbiohealth
14th August 2010, 11:52 PM
Hello Dave, what's up man?

Yes, I can't participate the way I used to but I try to hop in/out as much as possible. This is a terrific forum with lots of great folks around.

Btw, can you believe its already 5 yrs now since we all started in this game...:). I hope it is not too long now.

drbiohealth
15th August 2010, 12:11 AM
I agree with you that IDN development has a great potential in India. To me, its a no-brainer if executed properly. We'll see such types of projects hopefully soon: http://www.businessworld.in/bw/2010_08_14_Does_Your_Digital_Strategy_Speak_Indian.html

domainguru
15th August 2010, 05:07 AM
I agree with you that IDN development has a great potential in India. To me, its a no-brainer if executed properly. We'll see such types of projects hopefully soon: http://www.businessworld.in/bw/2010_08_14_Does_Your_Digital_Strategy_Speak_Indian.html

Everything is a no-brainer if executed properly.

BTW, its more like 10 years .... ouch .... that's how old my son is .. but I don't think the two are connected.

domaing
16th August 2010, 05:04 AM
Point was if गाड़ी means car or not in Hindi or what would be Hindi for Car.

catchnames
19th August 2010, 01:26 PM
Point was if गाड़ी means car or not in Hindi or what would be Hindi for Car.

I think that what we answered so far.

kartik786
20th August 2010, 03:16 PM

I guess there's a thread which has my private data .. whom should I contact to get it removed :)