PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: IDN domain names registrations are open

jose
8th August 2010, 06:22 AM
Starting a few days back, anyone can register IDN (Internationalized Domain Names) from certain registrars. IDN are domain names (website links) in special characters. For example, http://飛輪海.com/ is a domain in Traditional Chinese.

This is an opportunity for investments. At $10 each, some of these domain names will become very valuable in the future. For example, 英特尔公司 is the Chinese name of Intel, the popular image processor. If http://英特尔公司.com is purchased, then Intel will want to purchase the domain from you for a very high price, likely in the thousands.
IDN can be registered at godaddy.com/domains/search.aspx.

linksku.com/08/idn-domain-names-registrations

This entry was posted by linksku on August 7, 2010 at 4:37 pm.

NameYourself
8th August 2010, 06:38 AM
"Breaking News" ..spread the word! We now have a "humor" section ;)

Fka200
8th August 2010, 07:57 AM
lawl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rubber Duck
8th August 2010, 08:11 AM
GoDaddy was no fucking use when I was registering. Very few registrars were accepting IDNs at that time.

Drewbert
8th August 2010, 08:37 AM
The guy is just trying to get more hits to his Google aff link.

And now you've just given him link juice.

alexd
8th August 2010, 02:40 PM
As well providing this truly "breaking news" it looks like this idiot is also endorsing purchasing trademarks with the belief that companies will pay likely thousands to purchase them from you !!

What a cock !!

sarcle
8th August 2010, 05:03 PM
So he hides his whois for his blog. Then advertises that he bought Intel Corp. in Chinese and doesn't hide that.

Normally, I don't post whois info. But in his case I'll make an exception. Just in case anyone would like to say hi.

Jiang, Leo leo@linksku.com
(416) 335-4631

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=xn--55qx5d5xlg8xj0s.com&prog_id=godaddy

Kent99
9th August 2010, 03:12 AM
He changed the headline but it is still wrong.

bumblebee man
9th August 2010, 01:49 PM
Great news. I'm gonna go and reg games.com in Arabic, Russian and Japanese. Thank god I'm the smartest guy on earth

Edit: damn, taken already. Gonna go for Microsoft and Google then. Thank god I'm the smartest guy on earth. :yes:

Drewbert
9th August 2010, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the discussion, narutodude000 :)

narutodude000
10th August 2010, 02:07 PM
purchasing trademarks with the belief that companies will pay likely thousands to purchase them from you !!

what's wrong?

bumblebee man
10th August 2010, 03:25 PM
what's wrong?

Just go for it and see what happens. :)

MDM
10th August 2010, 04:01 PM
Jose are your missing the word "wind" between "Breaking" and "News" LOL ??

bwhhisc
10th August 2010, 04:58 PM
what's wrong?

Your going to get sued by these companies for trademark infrigement and lose the domain name at the very least.

MDM
10th August 2010, 05:37 PM
what's wrong?

The only way you can make "legitimate" & handsome money (definitely more than thousands) with the deliberate registration of trademarked names is to partner with the crook lawyers, panelists and arbitration center. Do some researches and you'll know how and where.

narutodude000
11th August 2010, 01:47 AM
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/26539-%E7%99%BD%E9%A0%AD%E5%81%95%E8%80%81-com-for-sale-4-other-premium-idn-all-for-1-price.html
you are selling Facebook??? are you kidding, keep that. You can then file a lawsuit against facebook.com for trademark infrigement. come on think, its just that easy.
what's this

DktoInc
11th August 2010, 01:56 AM
its called welcome to the IDNforums narutodude000

sarcle
11th August 2010, 04:30 AM
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/26539-%E7%99%BD%E9%A0%AD%E5%81%95%E8%80%81-com-for-sale-4-other-premium-idn-all-for-1-price.html

what's this

Are you on meds?

markits
11th August 2010, 04:42 AM
It is unfortunately that to most peoples (+99%) idn is still a breaking news. We need more people like naruto to promote idn.

My thanks to Naruto!

narutodude000
11th August 2010, 03:59 PM
Are you on meds?
are you?

markits: Thanks, I've never heard of IDNs until less than a week ago, and I thought they were new because I couldn't find anything on IDNs on Google.

I registered EMINƎM.com, better?

alexd
11th August 2010, 04:26 PM
are you?

markits: Thanks, I've never heard of IDNs until less than a week ago, and I thought they were new because I couldn't find anything on IDNs on Google.

What did you search for on Google ?? I'm asking because if you type in idn - you will find at least 5 of the first 10 results are all IDN related, including this forum !!

Secondly, what the hell language is your new IDN ?? eminem.com with a weird second E ??? If you are really serious about getting into IDNs, spend a few days going through this forum - then you will realise why ...
1) Buying trademark domains is a Neddy No-No
2) Domains such as EMINƎM.com are a complete waste of money and really do not represent what IDNs are really about
3) ...( I'll let someone else add a third point - My brain has just melted due to the non-stop heat we have here !)

Good luck

Alex

narutodude000
11th August 2010, 05:19 PM
I tried googling "IDN release date", "first IDN", etc. Also, at first, I didn't know IDNs were called IDNs so I googled "chinese domain name", "register chinese domain", etc.

EMINƎM is how fans and Eminem himself writes his name.

I researched before buying potential trademarks. This is on Intel's website:
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
The Chinese of Intel would be "Other names and brands"

alexd
11th August 2010, 05:43 PM
I researched before buying potential trademarks. This is on Intel's website:

But do you really believe that if Intel want the Chinese IDN of their trademark name, they will happily contact you and offer you thousands of dollars for it ???

As for the Eminem scenario - have a look at Google trends .... http://www.google.com/trends?q=EMIN%C6%8EM%2C+eminem

Also, maybe a lot of his fans know him as EMINƎM, but how would I type that in using my keyboard - what language is the "Ǝ" - or is it just a mirrored E ?? If I was searching for Eminem on the net, I would be searching for "eminem" and not "EMINƎM" - but maybe thats just me !!

Alex

domainguru
12th August 2010, 02:10 PM
But do you really believe that if Intel want the Chinese IDN of their trademark name, they will happily contact you and offer you thousands of dollars for it ???

As for the Eminem scenario - have a look at Google trends .... http://www.google.com/trends?q=EMIN%C6%8EM%2C+eminem

Also, maybe a lot of his fans know him as EMINƎM, but how would I type that in using my keyboard - what language is the "Ǝ" - or is it just a mirrored E ?? If I was searching for Eminem on the net, I would be searching for "eminem" and not "EMINƎM" - but maybe thats just me !!

Alex

The guy is talking bollocks. Some things are very easy to call. Btw, this is domainguru, not domaing, my least favorite (female) impersonator :)

narutodude000
12th August 2010, 05:48 PM
If I was searching for Eminem on the net, I would be searching for "eminem" and not "EMINƎM"

I see what you mean, thanks for the insight. But wouldn't EMINƎM.com be valuable to Eminem fans? I can start a auction for it on a popular Eminem forum, etc.

jose
12th August 2010, 05:58 PM
Oh God, what have I started...

alexd
12th August 2010, 07:23 PM
I see what you mean, thanks for the insight. But wouldn't EMINƎM.com be valuable to Eminem fans? I can start a auction for it on a popular Eminem forum, etc.

It might be - but my question remains - how would any Eminem fans type that domain in ?? If it were the translation of Eminem in Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc - then the typing in of the domain wouldn't be an issue ( though I am still not sure that such names of celebs, etc are really worth the hassle ) - whereas EMINƎM would most likely be a little more tricky for people to type in.

Why not try and auction it off on ebay and see what happens.

Drewbert
12th August 2010, 11:03 PM
Also, at first, I didn't know IDNs were called IDNs so I googled "chinese domain name", "register chinese domain", etc.

Bingo!

Locals won't be searching for "internationalised domain names" in their native languages.

jose
12th August 2010, 11:50 PM
Bingo!

Locals won't be searching for "internationalised domain names" in their native languages.

Have been saying that for years. They are just domains, look at how Germans treat their idn.de: exactly the same as any other domain, lol.

sarcle
13th August 2010, 12:04 AM
are you?

Depends on what you mean. And, I doubt you mean much. Or at least very little thought into your perspective.

No, it's not FUCKING BETTER. Are you FUCKING EMINEM? ARE YOU FUCKING INTEL? NO YOU ARE NOT.

I don't care about a moral high-horse but this is all you are. A waste of fucking time. That is all you are you fucking dumbshit.

You are a parasite. You are a piece of shit!

DktoInc
13th August 2010, 03:06 AM
ṩarcle.com ??? :yes:

domainguru
13th August 2010, 04:18 AM
Have been saying that for years. They are just domains, look at how Germans treat their idn.de: exactly the same as any other domain, lol.

That's because they are allowed to i.e. firefox shows .de domains natively. Its not a coincidence you know. When browsers and other web apps consistently show IDNs as unicode not punycode, we have take off worldwide. Until then, forget it.

Kent99
13th August 2010, 05:00 AM
Hey narutodude000, I think Sarcle likes you. You guys should be buddies.

narutodude000
13th August 2010, 09:05 PM
Hey narutodude000, I think Sarcle likes you. You guys should be buddies.
Sorry, I don't like having people needing anger management as friends.

I remember a few months back, it said on the news that the first three non-latin domains were released. I might've remembered it incorrectly.
If it's true, does that mean that Chinese would be considered Latin because of its usage of pinyin? I'm confused :confused:

Rubber Duck
13th August 2010, 09:16 PM

I remember a few months back, it said on the news that the first three non-latin domains were released. I might've remembered it incorrectly.
If it's true, does that mean that Chinese would be considered Latin because of its usage of pinyin? I'm confused :confused:

Yep, that is how the vast majority of US domainers would read it.

But then, hey, most of them still believe that the US is an economic and industrial powerhouse.

sarcle
13th August 2010, 11:20 PM
If it's true, does that mean that Chinese would be considered Latin because of its usage of pinyin? I'm confused

Not too quick on the uptake are you dude?

This is what I have a problem with.

I registered 20+ websites like 贝宝.net(Paypal),奥多比系统.com(Adobe Systems),我乐网.com(56.com - the Chinese version of Youtube),劉謙.com(China's best magician),飛輪海.com(China's best male singing group), etc.

This sounds like Wikipedia considers cybersquatting bad, but I personally think it's smart.

What do you guys think of cybersquatting? Is it good or bad?

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1107028#post1107028

And thanks for the link Blast.

Personally, I would think anyone trying to help this idiot, especially on how to sell these types of domains, could unintentionally jepordize their own domains.

Wot
14th August 2010, 12:54 AM
are you?

:no:

bumblebee man
14th August 2010, 01:04 PM

Yeah, you're gonna beat the shit out of their lawyers. :lol:

narutodude000
14th August 2010, 01:37 PM
I'm still learning

blastfromthepast
14th August 2010, 01:43 PM
Learning is good. Read up on this forum and you'll learn a lot.

People are generally unaware of trademark law and what it means. But the strong power of trademark law in the US means that registering trademark domains is not just a bad move, it is also illegal and can cause you trouble with the trademark owners' lawyers, and/or cause you to loose the domain(s) through arbitration and/or court action. Should you look an arbitration case, it makes it harder to defend yourself in the future from other trademark owners' claims.

This is the reason that domainers go for pure generic names, like car.com, auto.com, business.com: They can be owned by anyone and no claim can be made upon them as they can't readily be trademarked. The other reason is that pure generic names get natural traffic, and allow you to quickly find affiliate and other advertising that earns money. A business.com will remain valuable no matter who's in business. It doesn't depend on any flashy advertising on TV imprinting the name of the "brand" into consumer's minds. Example: if Barnes and Noble were to stop advertising tomorrow, people would eventually forget about the company and traffic to barnesandnoble.com would go away eventually. But the traffic to business.com will not go away as long as people continue to use this word in English.

Rubber Duck
14th August 2010, 02:27 PM
I'm still learning

I have had a look at your grade sheet, and frankly if you are making any progress, it is so imperceptable as to be negligible. As with anything else, some people just cannot cut it.

narutodude000
14th August 2010, 05:18 PM
@blastfromthepast: Makes sense, I'll see what I can find (I haven't given up on IDNs yet :))

I have had a look at your grade sheet
:confused:

sarcle
14th August 2010, 05:30 PM
(I haven't given up on IDNs yet :))

It really doesn't matter. You've posted all over the web about how you think cybersquatting is a "smart move" and were looking for people to back you up. You've posted the domains you are squatting on to willfully bilk corps. out of money for their own IP.

Now your name and whois info is out there. Once an IP lawyer (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=ip+lawyer&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=74884d69c01c0cf8) gets a hold of you. And they will. Don't think hiding your whois info will stop anything. The rest will be history.

Question is, which language did I just post in? English, German, Latin, or Pinyin?

sarcle
29th March 2011, 01:43 AM
RD likes going back to this thread.

If this bozo /blog starter/ is still around; which he's not, he can still go fuck himself.

P.S.

Also, to the assholes that want to start shit with bullshit threads about how IDN will never make it and then run and cry when they post shit that we don't want to see on this forum and then get backlash they deserve. You can go fuck yourselves also.

Seriously, Chef Pat, "my vagina" may have some room on his blog now that he's "out" in the domain world. But your " valuable insight" is not needed here.

29th March 2011, 03:01 PM
The nice thing is it's no more if, only when and once the when turns to now, everyone will get exactly what they deserve. So many 'big' domainer with 'big' opinions and words, i almost feel bad for those who swallowed that advice and missed the biggest opportunity since ASCII .com

I personally tried bringing it up, considerably less then as much as some others here did much before me but 99% of times was ignored or dismissed without never being given the chance of explaining what it's even about. Sad but true ;)

Rubber Duck
29th March 2011, 03:33 PM
RD likes going back to this thread.

If this bozo /blog starter/ is still around; which he's not, he can still go fuck himself.

P.S.

Also, to the assholes that want to start shit with bullshit threads about how IDN will never make it and then run and cry when they post shit that we don't want to see on this forum and then get backlash they deserve. You can go fuck yourselves also.

Seriously, Chef Pat, "my vagina" may have some room on his blog now that he's "out" in the domain world. But your " valuable insight" is not needed here.

Not really but due to the crass way I navigate to the forum, I always seem to end up here. I think it is because the title starts with a number.