PDA

View Full Version : google bulk query

falco85
7th May 2006, 04:31 PM
hi,
do you know of any script or free software able to give you the number of hits from google from a word list? Thanks

thefabfive
7th May 2006, 04:40 PM
IDNTools.net has just such a feature... and many others.

falco85
8th May 2006, 07:10 AM
may I ask which are the "many others"? :) preferrably free, it's just a google api query and I may think to build myself a custom script... but I'm just too lazy :D

thefabfive
8th May 2006, 07:14 AM
There is a bulk tool for Ovt (any language), Google, Yandex, status, and probably a few others.

bramiozo
8th May 2006, 08:30 AM
To be precise; google,yahoo,rambler,yandex(wordstat),ovt,msn,baidu,iask,infoseek,albawaba,ayna and ozu. Of course I can add any SE that is in demand by the users (you can email me suggestions if you'd like) and there are more features to think of (multiple ovt for instance).
I have a multithreader function available (homemade..) to up the speed of all tools.
I also think I promised an automatic translator sometime ago...ah well work continues.

If you decide to join please follow http://www.idntools.net/center.php?aff=fabfive

falco85
8th May 2006, 11:14 AM
As said I'm not going to pay for a service that I can find for free at 99,99% , and that I can build by myself with some coding and using the google api. I think idntools it's a great choice for who's not keen in programming but this is not my case. Thanks anyway!

blastfromthepast
8th May 2006, 11:15 AM
may I ask which are the "many others"? :) preferrably free, it's just a google api query and I may think to build myself a custom script... but I'm just too lazy

As said I'm not going to pay for a service that I can find for free at 99,99% , and that I can build by myself with some coding and using the google api. I think idntools it's a great choice for who's not keen in programming but this is not my case. Thanks anyway!

Well you did say you were too lazy. If you are lazy in life you usually have to pay for things you could have done yourself if you applied yourself.

alpha
8th May 2006, 11:26 AM

Idntools is a great tool (when it works)

it's a wise investment to spend a couple of bucks on it, and spend the time you saved finding more domain names.

jose
8th May 2006, 04:33 PM
bramiozo, one question:

Have you been putting to "some" use the logs of idntools.net?
The temptation must be enormous.

bramiozo
8th May 2006, 08:07 PM
It's easy enough but then again, all good terms in the db have been regged.
For mining terms I have made a tool alright, but that's seperate from the ovt db.

I could make a list public every month with all available terms ? A top 100 ?

jose
8th May 2006, 08:25 PM
What do you mean, all regged? I am sure there must be some great term ideas people have searched with great OVT and have not been regged. You already admited you data mine this information. The question is, what use do you make of it?

I could make a list public every month with all available terms ? A top 100 ?

Great, that would be great. Table with top montly 100 searched domains ordered by biggest OVT, biggest Google, ... (real time would be even greater... and fair)

bramiozo
8th May 2006, 08:55 PM
What do you mean, all regged? I am sure there must be some great term ideas people have searched with great OVT and have not been regged. You already admited you data mine this information. The question is, what use do you make of it?

Great, that would be great. Table with top montly 100 searched domains ordered by biggest OVT, biggest Google, ... (real time would be even greater... and fair)

I do datamine using ovt, but that's seperate from the db, I simply feed lists of terms and it goes...

I have regged some names in february-march using the ovt-db, admittedly and shamefully, I found that a lot of the terms were short term (celebrities,manga figures), tm'ed, blocked and mostly .net's. It's a twilightzone, wrong or right, at the time I didn't see any harm in it since the information is basically from a public source, on the other hand it's not because the list as such is available only to me, the list you guys made, since I don't want any doubts about right or wrong that was a one time action.

I could make that list every month before I delete the old ovt-results, but I would want that to be within a fixed time-window at the last sunday or something like that.

p.s. with "all regged" I meant all the scores were entered by members who were searching for good terms to reg, therefore good terms would logically be regged, with exceptions of .net's maybe...

jose
8th May 2006, 10:11 PM
Thus you admit you have been gathering data from what idntools.net users search, data-mining and sorting it and using the results to register the best ones? :o

blastfromthepast
8th May 2006, 10:38 PM
I have regged some names in february-march using the ovt-db, admittedly and shamefully

Looks like thats exactly what he is admitting.

IDNCowboy
8th May 2006, 10:47 PM
bram,
If it was a free service I would understand. However in this case it is a paid service.

jose
9th May 2006, 12:59 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but in order to be legal, shouldn't that have to be on an agreement one have to read and agree before signing in?!

I hope bram will clear this out. I still hope we're not getting it right.

touchring
9th May 2006, 01:18 AM
Actually, i thought it is understood that any names not registered within a week or two of the search ... Bram would consider them unwanted and take them?

gammascalper
9th May 2006, 01:23 AM
In any case, the service was free in February, presumeably when the names were registered.

thegenius1
9th May 2006, 01:53 AM
This is uderly disgusting , i thought this was going on a few days ago ... I cant believe what im reading , correct me if im wrong ... is this still going on ?

alpha
9th May 2006, 03:53 AM
..I have regged some names in february-march using the ovt-db, admittedly and shamefully, I found that a lot of the terms were short term (celebrities,manga figures), tm'ed, blocked and mostly .net's. It's a twilightzone, wrong or right, at the time I didn't see any harm in it since the information is basically from a public source, on the other hand it's not because the list as such is available only to me, the list you guys made, since I don't want any doubts about right or wrong that was a one time action...

GOOD : Having the common sense to datamine in the first place
BAD : Regging from a paid service
GOOD : Admitting he did it

2:1 :)

thefabfive
9th May 2006, 04:20 AM
..I have regged some names in february-march using the ovt-db, admittedly and shamefully, I found that a lot of the terms were short term (celebrities,manga figures), tm'ed, blocked and mostly .net's. It's a twilightzone, wrong or right, at the time I didn't see any harm in it since the information is basically from a public source, on the other hand it's not because the list as such is available only to me, the list you guys made, since I don't want any doubts about right or wrong that was a one time action...
Was it a good idea? Probably not.

Will I lose sleep over it? NO.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't really matter. Very admirable to come forward with the knowledge that some people will not like it. I've lost more domains to other people than due to this. We all know how fast the IDN game works... you hesitate you lose. Happens all the time.

Let's move on.

bramiozo
9th May 2006, 06:52 AM
This is uderly disgusting , i thought this was going on a few days ago ... I cant believe what im reading , correct me if im wrong ... is this still going on ?

Over a month ago, 1 time, regged less then 10 names, but the principle remains.
You're not my mining mules and yes I realize, it is a trust issue, trust which is obviously violated by my confession.

I can apologize, but that would be apologizing under pressure, I can only state I regret having done so and I will not do it again.

How should I restore confidence, t&c and a realtime list of best terms (which is probably a good idea anyway) ?

touchring
9th May 2006, 06:55 AM
Anyone using that service is using that only to save time, if you found a name you want, please register immediately. If one hesitates, one can't blame anyone.

Even if we use DS or any other free service, someone will still look at our queries.

bramiozo
9th May 2006, 06:59 AM
Thus you admit you have been gathering data from what idntools.net users search, data-mining and sorting it and using the results to register the best ones? :o

My datamining has nothing to do with user searches, let's make that clear.

vgemito
9th May 2006, 03:16 PM
We heard what we need to hear. Let's move on.

Regards,
VGemito

bramiozo
15th May 2006, 11:08 PM
Made a top-100 list of ovt terms.

http://idntools.net/topterms.php

List only uses ovt results older then 8 hours so you have enough time to register good terms when you find them.

I hope people will start using it again....especially because I made the term checker a whole lot faster.