PDA

View Full Version : Game over for drop snapping

touchring
7th May 2006, 06:49 PM
Finally, a registrar is into the game, and not just a registrar like DS, but a seasoned ascii name drop snapper that competes with pool and snapnames.

Phew! But good thing, it's finally an end to the rat race.

gammascalper
7th May 2006, 06:54 PM
Touchring, what on earth are you going to do from 2am-3am every day?

mulligan
7th May 2006, 06:55 PM
Surprised it lasted so long....

touchring
7th May 2006, 06:58 PM
I've not been catching drops the past 2 weeks, just checking every now and then to see who's on the game, and how our champion Drew is faring. . :p

idn
7th May 2006, 07:00 PM
Great news! (to me) Care to share?

touchring
7th May 2006, 07:00 PM
Surprised it lasted so long....

At least for that drop catcher, they are into EUrid, probably busy snapping .EU previously.

Great news! (to me) Care to share?

Well, i'm a small stakeholder to this game, i leave it to JC and Drew to find out more. :)

idn
7th May 2006, 07:03 PM
Well, i'm a small stakeholder to this game, i leave it to JC and Drew to find out more. :)

Thanks.

mulligan
7th May 2006, 07:12 PM
Those Portland guys..

touchring
7th May 2006, 07:40 PM
Dunno who they are, but they are a ASCII domain snapper, so they have to be real fast to compete with Pool and likes.

The greater issue is that once a domain snapper comes into picture, the rest will follow.

mulligan
7th May 2006, 07:51 PM
Wonder if ICANN change the 5 day grace period if it will continue...

Explorer
7th May 2006, 09:16 PM
They cleaned the house today, missed a few good ones yesterday and friday. Can't call it a done deal yet, but have a feeling that Touchring is right. I guess the next few days will be interesting to watch.

touchring
7th May 2006, 09:33 PM
They cleaned the house today, missed a few good ones yesterday and friday. Can't call it a done deal yet, but have a feeling that Touchring is right. I guess the next few days will be interesting to watch.

Yup ....

The greater issue is that once a domain snapper comes into picture, the rest will follow.

IDNCowboy
7th May 2006, 11:21 PM
i'm going to try to use the drop catcher for at least another week........ then yea it will be game over

Drewbert
8th May 2006, 01:26 AM
>i leave it to JC and Drew to find out more.

Moi?

Ask the new guy Ben - he's the only one I can see that's consistently beating them!

touchring
8th May 2006, 01:30 AM
Yes, i thought that Ben was quite lucky to get Shanghai hotels. ;p

But considering that they are sweeping tens of thousands of names every drop on a wholesale basis, and still have such good speed, should give an indication of how remote our chances are, whether enom or tucow script, when it comes to names that are targeted specifically.

Bottomline: If they start targeting, we got almost zero chance. The end game is not far.

gammascalper
8th May 2006, 01:30 AM
What's Dnware's return policy? :-p

IDNCowboy
8th May 2006, 01:31 AM
>i leave it to JC and Drew to find out more.

Moi?

Ask the new guy Ben - he's the only one I can see that's consistently beating them!
He probably has a 15 year old neighbor that knows the system upside down ;)

touchring
8th May 2006, 01:38 AM
What's Dnware's return policy? :-p

Dnware might still work until now, but you have to be very lucky.

IDNCowboy
8th May 2006, 01:39 AM
Dnware might still work until now, but you have to be very lucky.
The few days I ran it I haven't caught anything.
Also for the price you pay for the software you'd think it would have more features...

even a minimize button heh

touchring
8th May 2006, 01:47 AM
I'm still baffled how they can be so fast when they scan through 20,000 - 30,000 names a day. It will take a supercomputer to check 20,000 names dozens of times a second.

So what they said about APIs can't stand a chance against name snappers is true after all.

End game is near, very soon, we'll be bidding each other for names.

Drewbert
8th May 2006, 01:55 AM
Look's like some of your are about to get what you wished for.

I hope you enjoy the ride!