PDA

View Full Version : loνe.tv (xn--loe-2yc.tv)

fringe
26th August 2010, 01:30 PM
Hi there, I am new to IDN domains and have just purchased my first one, could anyone give me any info about this domain if possible thanks.

loνe.tv (xn--loe-2yc.tv)

I have added an attachment of the domain name as I am unsure how to create the characters :confused:

sorry forgot to add poll aswell.

Like I said new to the IDN venture. Thanks.

alpha
26th August 2010, 01:37 PM
Hi there... could anyone give me any info about this domain.. as I am unsure how to create the characters :confused:.

Hi, welcome.

Quick question for you first.. what do you think IDNs are, and what are their purpose?

fringe
26th August 2010, 01:41 PM
Hi There,

I believe they are domain names specific to each countries language, This domain was bought on the belief that it was a standard love.tv so this is why I am asking the questions.

Thanks.

alpha
26th August 2010, 01:44 PM
This domain was bought on the belief that it was a standard love.tv so this is why I am asking the questions.

what language were you told it is (if you bought from a seller), or
what language did you think you were registering?

did you think it was English?

fringe
26th August 2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, I did believe it was english as it was bought off ebay, This is how I was introduced to IDN domains by buying the wrong one. The seller did state in post international domain but in my inexperience I was unsure as to what it meant. (should of looked) also the name was written in standard english lettering so thought it was real.

alpha
26th August 2010, 01:54 PM
Yes, I did believe it was english as it was bought off ebay, This is how I was introduced to IDN domains by buying the wrong one. The seller did state in post international domain but in my inexperience I was unsure as to what it meant. (should of looked) also the name was written in standard english lettering so thought it was real.

right.

Well, here's the thing, I've good news and bad news.

and I might be lying about having some good news, but give me some time to think of something.

fringe
26th August 2010, 01:55 PM
lol ok thanks, I think!

alpha
26th August 2010, 01:57 PM
lol ok thanks, I think!

take a read: http://www.idndemystified.com/when-is-a-pizza-not-a-pizza.htm

fringe
26th August 2010, 02:03 PM
Thats crazy, sedo have personaly added this for me on there site, I have a dispute in with ebay about the domain and will add a link to the page you have shown me thanks.

alpha
26th August 2010, 02:07 PM
Thats crazy, sedo have personaly added this for me on there site, I have a dispute in with ebay about the domain and will add a link to the page you have shown me thanks.

no problem.

two last questions if you don't mind..

1. how much did you pay roughly?
2. are you new to buying domains or just new to buying IDN domains?

I ask because love.tv in English would be worth a fair bit.

fringe
26th August 2010, 02:17 PM
Lol I realise love.tv would be worth a fair bit but the seller seemed rather thick him self as he sold dvdr.com which I believe is a moderate domain for $2.99. also he had been trying to sell it for $xxx.xx in the previous month so I just thought go for it. I know it was nieve but when you see a domain for $19.99 and it says love.tv !. well couldnt help myself lol.

I have been domaining for about three months now, Have had some sales but when I saw this my eyes popped out, Like they say if its to good to be true then its probally is a scam.

blackops
26th August 2010, 02:18 PM
Generally a good article, and the op has a phishing domain to be sure... Symbols aren't a part of the ''phishing'' expedition 'though! (so I wonder why they were lumped in with phishing names... hmmm) ;-)

Whether a person likes symbols or not is immaterial, they cannot be confused with other domain names. Some symbols are type-able, and although I don't accept the SEO idea (for dingbats) I do think there could be other uses for such domain names in the future.

alpha
26th August 2010, 02:22 PM
Lol I realise love.tv would be worth a fair bit but the seller seemed rather thick him self as he sold dvdr.com which I believe is a moderate domain for $2.99.

are you sure it was dvdr.com (all English characters) and not another fakey look-a-like ?

dvdr.com had been regged since 2001, and there's no way it would sell for less than 5 figs unless it was stolen.

fringe
26th August 2010, 02:28 PM
must of been another fake, This is the sellers feedback - http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=thomasmac3&iid=280553055968&de=off&items=25&interval=0&page=2

The buyer must of given feedback before checking the domain.

sarcle
26th August 2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your ebay experience.

IDN are much, much more than these types of phishing domains. A $20 dollar loss isn't a good thing, but then it's not going to break the bank either. Best thing you can do is dust yourself off and start again. Put a few dollars in the aftermarket here on this forum and you'll end up with a few decent domains.

We have several native translators from all over the world that are more than willing to help you out. It's not to late to learn about IDN and realize the opportunities there still are ATM.

BTW, welcome to the forums.

P.S. If you have a future question. Do a search first. More than likely any question you have has been already been asked several times.

Cheers

alpha
26th August 2010, 02:33 PM
ebay is a scammers paradise, here's another one: http://cgi.ebay.com/WWW-ONE-COM-IDN-URL-PREMIUM-NAME-DOMAIN-URL-ONE-/280443710589?pt=Domain_Names

this guy is selling one.com apparently, although he does say it is an IDN (but people with greed in their eyes seem somewhat blinded by all that)

.. and Sarcles advice is solid advice, this could just be one of those twist of fate things.

hang around for a bit and read up.

fringe
26th August 2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I will hang around and browse the forum and see what comes up, I have great interest in IDN Domains and believe with a bit of hard work and perseverance there is profit to be made from them but people like this make you sick. I have reported the seller so hopefully he will be removed, but surely he will be back again.

Thanks everyone for being so kind and helpful, speak soon.

alexd
26th August 2010, 03:44 PM
Fringe - welcome to the forums. At least the price of $20 wasn't that much. I guess $20 is nothing really when you have really learned a very valuable lesson such as this. However, instead of looking at it like $20 wasted - look at it from the point of view that you have now been introduced to IDNs and are now a member of the best place for IDNs in the whole world. Spend some time reading through some of the old posts, and you will soon come to understand that there are still great possibilites in the world of IDNs. In the long term, I think you will be glad that you stopped by here.

Alex

fringe
26th August 2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks alex, im having a good read through the forum before I buy anymore so called IDN's lol. Thanks for the kind words.

fringe
26th August 2010, 04:48 PM
Good news people got full refund for the domain. :)

alexd
26th August 2010, 04:57 PM
Good news people got full refund for the domain. :)

Thats great. Now if you want to make that $20 start working for you instead, sign up to the IDN droplist at IDNtools.com ( http://www.idntools.com/droplist.php ) !! I can honestly say that I think it will be the best $20 investment you will ever make.

Alex

fringe
26th August 2010, 05:08 PM
Will do alex thanks.

Wot
26th August 2010, 11:06 PM
Will do alex thanks.

But which ever way you do it. Check, check and then check again and just to be sure check again. :)

spacey
4th September 2010, 08:29 AM
money back and a lesson .........well done !

I would suggest some here on this forum would be wishing for simular when first took interest in idns (myself included) , good luck with it all