PDA

View Full Version : так.net (xn--80auw.net)

fringe
26th August 2010, 06:31 PM
так.net (xn--80auw.net)

Have took the plunge and bought this russian domain, meaning is so. Please dont slate me if i have messed up again :D

Any comments or ideas value and search engine wise are appreciated.

DktoInc
26th August 2010, 06:36 PM
так.net (xn--80auw.net)

Have took the plunge and bought this russian domain, meaning is so. Please dont slate me if i have messed up again :D

:no:
What will you sell on it?

fringe
26th August 2010, 06:43 PM
:no:
What will you sell on it?

Good question, I was mainly looking for short domains on my first try as these seem popular on standard domains. Or do you think more commercial domains would be better, comments appreciated thanks.

alpha
26th August 2010, 06:50 PM
..Please dont slate me if i have messed up again :D

Hi again.

I won't slate you, but I think you need some straight talking (no one ever benefited from having smoke blown up their arse, well apart from Sarcle, he's pays for that weird stuff)

The thing is, if you can't answer the following questions, then you shouldn't be registering or buying a domain in ANY language, be that English, Russian or otherwise:

What would I sell on a website on that domain?

What sort of company would want to own or advertise on that domain?

The simple acid test is to try and park it, if you find yourself having to pick the "other" category, then you've already answered your own question.

"IDNing" for non-native speakers is like riding a bike with one hand. But you need to be able to ride the bike with both hands first.

Waste of money on that domain.

alpha
26th August 2010, 06:51 PM
..Or do you think more commercial domains would be better, comments appreciated thanks.

yes. commercial product or service.

fringe
26th August 2010, 06:59 PM
Ok will kick it back, thanks.

sarcle
27th August 2010, 06:01 AM
(no one ever benefited from having smoke blown up their arse, well apart from Sarcle, he's pays for that weird stuff)

You bastard! You told me you weren't going to tell anyone. Great, now everyone knows!

I personally don't see any value. But you may be able to sell it on one of those Russian domain forums. I hear they don't have any Cyrillic domains.

There are much better .nets that can be regged right now. Go big and good luck.

You may check out www.idntools.com (http://www.idntools.com) Lots of great IDN tools there. Also, great reading here www.idnblog.com (http://www.idnblog.com).

Cheers

Drewbert
27th August 2010, 06:35 AM
Worse than that, he showed the pictures. I must say Alpha's smoke blowing ability has to be seen to be believed.

sarcle
27th August 2010, 06:51 AM
Worse than that, he showed the pictures. I must say Alpha's smoke blowing ability has to be seen to be believed.

That was you in the closet wasn't it? I knew someone was in there! You two set me up.

alpha
27th August 2010, 07:00 AM
you 2 disgust me.

that's the last time I accept a so called "peace pipe" from you.