PDA

View Full Version : Realize.com [chinese simp]

mistery
29th August 2010, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I decided to play an active part in the idn community after a long time of silent reading..

I study chinese language but i´m still a newbie therefore better dont ask me
at the moment; :rolleyes: but feel free to contact me if you have question concerning proper german. :yes:

I deal with domains since 04 but only from time to time and so i missed a lot of good opportunities to buy and sell.
As the idn market is growing i tried to HANDREG some chinese ones in .com
in the last few days.

Well, you know...

Nevertheless i found one i quite like [maybe a drop , not checked]

I hope it means what i expect:

Here we go:

实现 dot com

| realize | achieve | ...

The Stats are good but not prime.

I appreciate your opinion.

Thanks
mistery

mistery
30th August 2010, 03:40 PM
Drop?

Asiaplay
1st September 2010, 02:59 AM
Hi Mistery,

Basically, Yes...
For investment I would say 100% drop it (as exact match traffic volumes are just too low).
For your own development use - IMHO I would persoanlly also drop it.

My logic is as follows:-
a) It is a non-commercial term - also this is a basically a verb (I personally only like true nouns or brandable words, with buying domains or IDNs)
b) Traffic Volume is very low - exact match Google (Global of 1K per month) and Baidu approx 100 per day (3K per month). Yes, broad match traffic is high - but that in itself is not useful in this case, as really this term is used so generally across a broad range of topics (most of which are non-commercial).
c) This is not a really great inspirational word as such - it means "to implement / to realize" as you know (e.g. Dream, Success, Strength etc. etc. etc. are much stronger words in Chinese).
d) This word is not a brandable term (in theory can not be trademarked).
e) This word is very general in the way it is used and cannot be used to bring "targeted" on topic traffic to a website.
f) There are a lot of alternative IDNs still out there, that are have much higher traffic, are more interesting and commercially viable (I believe)

The bottom line, is all that I could see it being used for, is to pick off longtail "...实现..." terms (those few phrases of the 500K general broad searches, which no pages target well enough to rank higher than you for), across a wide range of topics and therefore basically for a collection of untargeted traffic (and we all know non-targeted traffic is not the best thing for business or even for development of a themed non-commercial interest type portal / website).

I hope these comments help.

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: If this was an English domain name, I would actually make the same call... as I don't see a word like "realise / implement" being a great domain in English either, due to it being impossible to trademark and hard to monetarize (I believe ;) ).

mistery
1st September 2010, 02:20 PM
Asiaplay,

Thanks for your long and informative comment.
I came to a similiar concl and dropped it yesterday.