PDA

View Full Version : วิธี จดโดเมนเนมภาษาไทย

siamnic
11th September 2010, 02:26 AM
เนื่องจาก siamnic.com เป็นผู้ให้จดโดเมนเนมภาษาไทย ได้พบปัญหาเกี่ยวกับ IDN Domain ในส่วนภาษาไทย

-โดเมนเมนภาษาไทยไม่สามารถใช้ สระ ซ้อนกับ วรรณยุกต์ (ไม้เอก ไม้โท ไม้ตรี ไม้จัตวา) เช่น คำว่า
น้ำ ต่ำ จะแสดงผลเป็น น้ำ ต่า เป็นต้น

-โดเมนเนมภาษาไทย ไม่สามารถ จดโดยใช้ คำผสมกับภาษาอังกฤษได้ ซ้ำเหมือนกับ IDN Domain ทั่วไป

โดยทางสยามนิค ให้บริการจดโดเมนเนมภาษาไทย โดยใส่ อักษรภาษาไทย หรือ font ภาษาไทย แล้วดำเนินการจดโดเมนภาษาไทยได้ทันที

โดเมนที่รองรับโดเมนเนมภาษาไทย ได้แก่ .com, .net, .name, .tv และ .ws

domainguru
21st March 2011, 07:02 PM
-โดเมนเมนภาษาไทยไม่สามารถใช้ สระ ซ้อนกับ วรรณยุกต์ (ไม้เอก ไม้โท ไม้ตรี ไม้จัตวา) เช่น คำว่า
น้ำ ต่ำ จะแสดงผลเป็น น้ำ ต่า เป็นต้น

Not sure what you are saying here? Can you explain further? I think you are saying you cannot register Thai IDNs that contain vowels with สระ "am" together with tonal accents? So [water].com cannot be registered or ever be part of Thai domain?

siamnic
22nd March 2011, 12:22 PM
น้ำ ต่ำ จะแสดงผลเป็น น้า ต่า เป็นต้น
-----------แก้ไข-------------------------------------------------------------------
โดเมนสามารถจดได้ครับ แต่จะแสดงผล URL ที่ browser เป็นดังที่กล่าวแล้วข้างต้นครับ
เช่น น้ำ.com ที่ ie browser จะแสดงเป็น น้า.com ครับ

siamnic
22nd March 2011, 12:27 PM
ตัวอย่างครับ

http://www.ตลาดน้ำ.com

จะแสดงผลเป็น ตลาดน้า.com

domainguru
22nd March 2011, 07:55 PM
I don't know what browser you are using but when I paste:

http://www.ตลาดน้ำ.com

into any of the 3 main browsers, it displays just fine.

The correct punycode is this:

xn--l3cbn0c9cc4n6a.com

Which browser does it show as น้า.com for you? That isn't correct rendering of the string ....

Domains with the "ำ" (sara -am) in can be registered and used just fine. The domain above is living proof of that.

TrafficDomainer
26th March 2011, 03:20 AM
น้ำ ต่ำ จะแสดงผลเป็น น้า ต่า เป็นต้น
-----------แก้ไข-------------------------------------------------------------------
โดเมนสามารถจดได้ครับ แต่จะแสดงผล URL ที่ browser เป็นดังที่กล่าวแล้วข้างต้นครับ
เช่น น้ำ.com ที่ ie browser จะแสดงเป็น น้า.com ครับ

ดูเหมือนกับว่า browser เช่น Internet Explorer แสดงผลถูกต้องเฉพาะเวลา copy paste เท่านั้นแต่ถ้าพิมพ์ลงใน url จะแสดงเป็น ตลาดนำ้ ถ้าพิมพ์ไม้โทก่อนสระอำก็จะแสดงผลถูกต้องเป็น "ตลาดน้ำ" แต่ทั่วไปคนไทยพิมพ์สระอำก่อนไม้โท จึงดูเหมือนว่า browser แสดงผลไม่ถูกต้องตามหลักการพิมพ์ของคนไทย

It appears that Internet Explorer only displays the word "ตลาดน้ำ" correctly when you copy and paste the word into the URL but when you type the word with the sequence of the keystrokes that Thais type ie "น ำ ้" the browser displays it as "ตลาดนำ้" but if you type it as "น ้ ำ" (the incorrect keystroke sequence), then "ตลาดน้ำ" is displayed. Interestingly when you type using the right sequence into Microsoft word, it displayes it correctly as "ตลาดน้ำ" Google Chrome and Firefox appears to have the same problem as well, not sure why this is the case.

domainguru
26th March 2011, 10:50 AM
ok, here are the cases for the simpler domain: นํ้า.com

First, sub-cases for when use the "compound" i.e. single keystroke " ำ"
1) Type "ำ" first, followed by "้", it goes to xn--q3c4c8cp.com
2) Type "้" first, followed by "ำ", it goes to xn--q3c4c8cq.com

Then the case for when you separate out the two components of "ำ" first "ํ" then "า"
3) Type "ํ", followed by "้", followed by "า" it goes to xn--q3c4c8cp.com

You'd have to consult with one of those Thai Uni guys that decided whenever how Thai "worked" on keyboards and how it is encoded, but there are certainly some issues when you have sara-am plus accents, different systems deal with it in different ways, as you pointed out with Word.

The reality at the moment is if you saw นํ้า.com on a page, you wouldn't know which of the two destinations you are going to, either xn--q3c4c8cp.com or xn--q3c4c8cq.com ......

That isn't good. They are visually identical and go to two different websites.

Doesn't affect 99% of Thai domains fortunately but I think something that needs looking at.

TrafficDomainer
27th March 2011, 06:24 AM
There are other problems with how Thai is encoded. Take for instance แผน.com (plan in English), normally Thais type it with one key "แ" (sara air) but they do allow "เ+เ" (typing sara ae "เ" twice) to be registered and they are encoded differently but visually look the same, ie:

แผน.com (แ+ผ+น) is encoded as : xn--q3cf4i.com

แผน.com (เ+เ+ผ+น) is encoded as : xn--q3cf1ia.com

ICANN should really have blocked the registration of domains with the use of "เ" being typed twice as Thais always type it with the one keystroke: (แ)

I had alerted Tina Dam about this issue of visual similarity when she was ICANN's IDN program director and she did escalate the issue to their technical department but they decided that they were not going to do anything with this, strange.

Interestingly, when you type "ํ" + "า" it is encoded the same way as "ำ" key.

For instance, for the word ทำ.com (do.com in ENGLISH) "ท+ํ+า" or "ท+ำ" both are encoded as xn--o3c8c0d.com

domainguru
27th March 2011, 10:27 AM
Well its never too late as these things can always be sorted out with an IETF update of the IDNA spec, IDNA2020 or something ;)

I agree about this:

"ICANN should really have blocked the registration of domains with the use of "เ" being typed twice as Thais always type it with the one keystroke: (แ)"

Though perhaps best if the standards had just converted two "เ" into one "แ" when registering domains. Then when surfing Thais could continue to type using "เ" twice if they wanted, the same as happens with:

"ํ" + "า" vs "ำ"

TrafficDomainer
27th March 2011, 02:26 PM
"ICANN should really have blocked the registration of domains with the use of "เ" being typed twice as Thais always type it with the one keystroke: (แ)"

When I refer to blocking above, I meant that when people try to register anything typing "เ+เ", their system should block such registration and automatically encode it using the punycodes for "แ", exactly the same scenario with how ํ+า is actually blocked from being registered with different punycodes and the correct punycode version for "ำ" is actually used for domain registration.

I have noticed a few people already registered a few domains incorrectly using "เ+เ" when the correct versions of such domains containing "แ" were registered much earlier. This really creates problems for people who registered their domains correctly with imposters registering visually identical looking domains and confusing the Thai public which could also lead to phishing. Not sure how ICANN allowed this in the first place and why they are not fothcoming in correcting something pretty simple as quickly as they can.

domainguru
27th March 2011, 06:57 PM

When I refer to blocking above, I meant that when people try to register anything typing "เ+เ", their system should block such registration and automatically encode it using the punycodes for "แ", exactly the same scenario with how ํ+า is actually blocked from being registered with different punycodes and the correct punycode version for "ำ" is actually used for domain registration.

I have noticed a few people already registered a few domains incorrectly using "เ+เ" when the correct versions of such domains containing "แ" were registered much earlier. This really creates problems for people who registered their domains correctly with imposters registering visually identical looking domains and confusing the Thai public which could also lead to phishing. Not sure how ICANN allowed this in the first place and why they are not fothcoming in correcting something pretty simple as quickly as they can.

ICANN doesn't control this - the IETF does. Maybe nobody in NECTEC or wherever contributes to the IETF IDNA list. I've never seen Thai contributions there and I read it almost every day for about 4 years ....