PDA

View Full Version : How come I value my 70 IDNs more than 2,000 TLds???

has2hands
13th September 2010, 12:10 PM
It is funny...I have about 70 idns and 2,000 .coms/.nets/.us and I almost feel like I have more value in my small amount of IDNs than most of my TLDS ??

I have killer .coms/.nets and .us names...killer stuff. My grandkids will get them...so I understand about poor domains but I don't think that is reason.

But I just see and maybe feel the IDNs future and impact! Like my 70 names and their renewal rates are a golden package!!

I could just imagine how larger idn portfolio holders feel.

Paul

domainguru
13th September 2010, 02:01 PM
I think it's called ... optimism. Either that or you non-IDNs are shite ;-)

Emil
13th September 2010, 05:42 PM
It is funny...I have about 70 idns and 2,000 .coms/.nets/.us and I almost feel like I have more value in my small amount of IDNs than most of my TLDS ??

I have killer .coms/.nets and .us names...killer stuff. My grandkids will get them...so I understand about poor domains but I don't think that is reason.

But I just see and maybe feel the IDNs future and impact! Like my 70 names and their renewal rates are a golden package!!

I could just imagine how larger idn portfolio holders feel.

Paul

you want to double down: I can give you 70 more IDNs for your 2000 TLDs? :lol:

abe
14th September 2010, 01:32 PM
Why call it optimism and not reality??

And why such a comment that you will substitute 70 IDN’s for a whole bunch of great non idn’s?

Again, its unbelievable the lack of belief some IDN domainers have in IDN’S.
What do you expect from Moniker/Sedo and from mainstream domainers, if you yourself have such low respect to what you have??

I think the interview with the “Chef” said it all.
The attitude and lack of respect was so obvious that it was just embarrassing. Aaron did a great job but was overly respectful towards the Chef.

domainguru
14th September 2010, 03:02 PM
Why call it optimism and not reality??

And why such a comment that you will substitute 70 IDN’s for a whole bunch of great non idn’s?

Again, its unbelievable the lack of belief some IDN domainers have in IDN’S.
What do you expect from Moniker/Sedo and from mainstream domainers, if you yourself have such low respect to what you have??

The attitude and lack of respect was so obvious that it was just embarrassing. Aaron did a great job but was overly respectful towards the Chef.

Because reality is turning a decent profit. Until then, its optimism, even fantasy for some people, just because it is "new and interesting".

Lack of belief? I've been here since 2001, and still here. Doesn't indicate a lack of belief AFAICS.

jose
14th September 2010, 04:09 PM

I would not be able to maintain the calm.

I would say I don't give a s* about what IDN critics say.

I would say I am not a fancy domain collector.

I would say I am in this to make money and IDN are a perfect way to do it.

I would ask when was the last time he hand regged a name, park it and it pays for itself?

I would ask how much would he have to pay for exact keyword name with 100.000 exact montly searches?

I would ask how difficult it would be to SEO a non matching name?

THAT'S WHERE THE DIFFERENCE IS!

jose
14th September 2010, 04:12 PM
I would fight back saying: I am beginning to think domainers are all spammers, giving the recent interest over the phishing extension, .co!

DktoInc
14th September 2010, 05:07 PM
I would fight back saying: I am beginning to think domainers are all spammers, giving the recent interest over the phishing extension, .co!

You mean to say you didn't take out your fishing rod yesterday to catch some .coms and nets from the .rf list?

14th September 2010, 05:34 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH. How much more are we going to have to listen to?
Can't wait for idn.idn day which is going to be here soon even if anyone here or elsewhere performs backflips while playing farmville in order to stop or change any of the so obvious outcome, people will eat hats like kobayashi eats hotdogs.

Steve Clarke
14th September 2010, 06:23 PM
Gee...they must be doing pretty good...I just turned down a firm $10,000 offer last week, for one of my Hindi names.
They were willing to go a little bit higher, as well, and pay the Escrow fees...but a little higher, was STILL TOO LOW.
I'll wait it out for a few more months, when the level of exposure will set the prices to a more realistic level.

squirrel
14th September 2010, 07:11 PM
Gee...they must be doing pretty good...I just turned down a firm $10,000 offer last week, for one of my Hindi names.
They were willing to go a little bit higher, as well, and pay the Escrow fees...but a little higher, was STILL TOO LOW.
I'll wait it out for a few more months, when the level of exposure will set the prices to a more realistic level.

That's great news Steve,

To your knowledge, does having (part of) your portfolio online got you some offers or are the people inquiring sophisticated enough to use whois ?

Rubber Duck
14th September 2010, 07:49 PM
Nah, I was reliably told by native they are worthless.

Steve Clarke
14th September 2010, 08:14 PM
I think they identified a name, and just checked the Whois, but having them online doesn't hurt, particularly going forward, as the news and exposure increases.