Gary Males sold an IDN,
名刺.jp ("business cards" in Japanese) for $7,500. congrats

tee1
2nd October 2010, 02:37 AM
Congrats!

looks like its a call girl :)

dnnames
2nd October 2010, 02:42 AM
Great price on that domain. Congrats on your successes on .jp Gary!

Rubber Duck
2nd October 2010, 08:15 AM
Trouble is that domains have gone on this very platform within the last couple of months that would dwarf this sale and nobody even saw them drop.

It is probably what you don't see that matters most.

jacksonm
2nd October 2010, 09:11 AM
Trouble is that domains have gone on this very platform within the last couple of months that would dwarf this sale and nobody even saw them drop.

It is probably what you don't see that matters most.

Actually, if nobody sees it then, for all intents and purposes, it didn't happen.

Congrats, Gary.

alpha
2nd October 2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks.

To RD's point, he is right, I know for a fact of at least one 6 figure idn .com sale that closed in the last couple of weeks; but to MJ's point, because it won't be public, it might as well not have happened.

The idn .jp sale I reported, while small potatoes, is still considerable as it I think is the highest IDN .jp reported to date.

Rubber Duck
2nd October 2010, 01:06 PM
Well. as a Scientist you have to be able to demonstrably replicate to prove.

However, the failure to be able to do so in no way disproves.

Just becasue the Romans didn't know about North America, doesn't mean it was there, anymore than the Earth is was flat because the church said it was.

Hidden sales have little impact on opinions and hence markets but that does not mean that they do not exist. All it means is most people are still wearing blinkers.