PDA

View Full Version : Thai Browser Stats.

sarcle
9th May 2006, 05:05 AM
This is for a website I have live. The stats are for April 10 -May 7.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/6669/browserstats8xd.jpg

Anyone else finding theirs comparable?

I was actually a little suprised by the number of IE7 users.

There are just no Firefox users in Thailand.

Edit: Forgot to state 93 of those ie7 hits are mine.

domainguru
9th May 2006, 05:29 AM
I don't have any live sites to compare with. However, in Thailand, getting visitor / browser stats for most websites is incredibly easy because webmasters tend to use webstats4u.com and allow you to view all their stats :)

So .... one example:

1. Internet Explorer 6.x 79.3 %
2. Netscape 4.x 10.3 %
3. Internet Explorer 5.x 7.7 %
4. Netscape 3.x 1.0 %
5. Mozilla Firefox 1.x 1.0 %
6. Mozilla Firefox 0.3 %
7. Safari 1.x 0.3 %
Total 100.0 %

Unfortunately they don't show IE7 stats yet, but should do soon. The stats look roughly comparable to your own site.

sarcle
9th May 2006, 05:56 AM
The stats look roughly comparable to your own site.

There is one big difference that I noticed.

2. Netscape 4.x 10.3 %

Weird because I have nil.

domainguru
9th May 2006, 06:32 AM
There is one big difference that I noticed.

2. Netscape 4.x 10.3 %

Weird because I have nil.

That might be some kind of "catch all" for other browsers not listed? I don't know anyone in Thailand that actually uses the netscape browser. Here are stats for a bigger site that uses different stats package:

AOL AOL 337 0.03 %
Web TV Web TV 0 0.00 %
Internet Explorer Internet Explorer 166 0.01 %
Internet Explorer 3.x Internet Explorer 3.x 0 0.00 %
Internet Explorer 4.x Internet Explorer 4.x 440 0.03 %
Internet Explorer 5.x Internet Explorer 5.x 86278 6.64 %
Internet Explorer 6.x Internet Explorer 6.x 1180862 90.89 %
Be OS Net Positive Be OS Net Positive 0 0.00 %
Safari Safari 2424 0.19 %
Netscape 2.x Netscape 2.x 62 0.00 %
Netscape 3.x Netscape 3.x 0 0.00 %
Netscape 4.x Netscape 4.x 53 0.00 %
Netscape 6.x Netscape 6.x 81 0.01 %
Netscape 7.x Netscape 7.x 536 0.04 %
Mozilla Mozilla 21752 1.67 %
Opera Opera 0 0.00 %
Opera 5.x Opera 5.x 6 0.00 %
Opera 6.x Opera 6.x 91 0.01 %
Opera 7.x Opera 7.x 1255 0.10 %
Lynx Lynx 2 0.00 %
Galeon Galeon 16 0.00 %
Konqueror Konqueror 30 0.00 %
Search Engines Search Engines 24 0.00 %
Unknown Browser Unknown Browser 4836 0.37 %

So again, no IE7 stats, but clearly showing IE dominates all other browsers.

sarcle
9th May 2006, 05:06 PM
Well one thing is for sure. The traffic is there for Thai domains the trick is finding Thai affiliates. So far I have found none, well none that I can read anyways.

Thanks for your help.

thegenius1
9th May 2006, 06:12 PM
Well one thing is for sure. The traffic is there for Thai domains the trick is finding Thai affiliates. So far I have found none, well none that I can read anyways.

Thanks for your help.

That also mean the Thia sections of our Portfolios have just went Up ! :)

touchring
9th May 2006, 06:17 PM
Hey, you guys must have stats for the other languages, pls share. :)

domainguru
10th May 2006, 06:12 PM

Thanks for your help.

I'm probably wrong, but I don't believe "normal" affiliate deals really exist that much in thai-language websites. Nearly everything is traffic sharing, or just plain old "site networks" owned by a few big parties.

So how do site owners make money? They have deals with mobile phone companies to sell ringtones etc, and also various marketing tie-ups with whoeever wants to tap into the Thai teenage market (which is by far the biggest user of the Net in Thailand)

One of the basic problems is that online payments are still in the "taking off" stage, and many payments are still taken manually through bank transfers etc.

But basically, Thai people visiting websites aren't expecting to buy stuff - they are expecting to chat, play online games, listen to music, etc. I don't see that changing in the near future. You will definitely be able to make some PPC money in the Thai market but have real difficulty finding suitable affiliate deals in the short to medium term.

sarcle
10th May 2006, 08:01 PM
PPC is working really well on thai domains for me. To the tune of 30-60% CTR on them.

You seem to know a lot about the Thai market. Do you know what the credit card holding population is for Thailand in terms of numbers?

I have talked to a couple of my affilates I'm with now for certain sites and they are willing to build a thai landing page for their products, problem is they want me to translate the page for them. :confused:

The Thai people are signing up for accounts on these affiliates. Problem is they can't go any farther than the sign-up page.

domainguru
10th May 2006, 09:02 PM
PPC is working really well on thai domains for me. To the tune of 30-60% CTR on them.

You seem to know a lot about the Thai market. Do you know what the credit card holding population is for Thailand in terms of numbers?

I have talked to a couple of my affilates I'm with now for certain sites and they are willing to build a thai landing page for their products, problem is they want me to translate the page for them. :confused:

The Thai people are signing up for accounts on these affiliates. Problem is they can't go any farther than the sign-up page.

Credit cards are being marketed very aggressively in Thailand:

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060424/3/2jip1.html

They say there are about 10 million cards at the moment, and expanding at 20-30%.

However, I don't know whether this number includes "Visa Electron" cards, which many many Thais have. I tried to use one of these cards and found it impossible to use on the web at international sites. So the number of "useful" credit cards may be considerably lower than that 10m number.

Another issue you will face is that Thailand is considered a very high risk country in terms of fraud. Many international vendors will reject orders from Thailand automatically, so I'm not sure just how keen your affiliates will really be once they start getting all the chargebacks ....

As for translating sign-up pages, most Thais that are willing to spend money on the web with credit cards will have English language skills. I don't really see the point of just translating the sign-up page. Because if all they can do is sign-up and then get stuck with English for the website and they can't read it, they aren't going to order anything anyway.

pm me if you want to discuss this further.