PDA

View Full Version : I know the next big drop is the 6th but where can i find drops in the meantime?

IDNCowboy
2nd January 2006, 04:21 PM
also does it make any sense to register the .com variant? won't ppl ONLY go to the .cn or .jp from their native countries as this could be the rebirth of the idn web with IE support.

Rubber Duck
2nd January 2006, 04:35 PM
also does it make any sense to register the .com variant? won't ppl ONLY go to the .cn or .jp from their native countries as this could be the rebirth of the idn web with IE support.

I identify drops at Pool under X. This just gives you a list of the punycode, so it takes a bit of working through.

Pool list tells you when they will drop, but IDN can take 24 hrs to clear the system. Some on the list will have already dropped, but are not necessarily registered.

I don't think the drop services are supporting IDN yet, so you should still be able to pick these up by registering them manually.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

IDNCowboy
2nd January 2006, 04:36 PM
did everyone go thru the last drop list olen posted and get all the nice stuff? Is there still any sense of sifting thru it?

Rubber Duck
2nd January 2006, 04:39 PM
did everyone go thru the last drop list olen posted and get all the nice stuff? Is there still any sense of sifting thru it?

The list at Pool covers about a week some have already gone some are coming up. I guess it is updated every 24 hrs or so. I would think it is possible to still get some. I don't think I have ever come out empty handed.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Olney
2nd January 2006, 05:02 PM
With registering dot jps & cn it's a matter of your initial investments & what level of Japanese help you can get.

I only own 1 jp so far & I won't write it publicly yet.

I pretty much know the market by helping developing it & theres a few were I want the dot jp & dot com.
Since I actually develop sites it's more personal for me.

The Japan registry is promoting dot jp because they also profit from it.
Every dot jp goes through them in the end.
But if I know Japan they will use both.

Also there is a site that Edwin had to register a dot jp in English.
Usually you need an address in Japan.
I did mine on a Japanese site & even for me it wasn't a piece of cake....
But I got what I needed...

IDNCowboy
2nd January 2006, 05:19 PM
olen how much are you paying for regs and how did you do it :P i hear the mainland has cheaper regs... lol

Olney
2nd January 2006, 05:48 PM
That depends seriously
I might pay less but I have to do it through a totally Japanese site.
If you could do it through a totally English interface it might be better for you guys in the long run.

Japanese emails, transfers, payments etc.

The guys who have registered dot jps I don't know how they did it.....

Rubber Duck
2nd January 2006, 06:02 PM
That depends seriously
I might pay less but I have to do it through a totally Japanese site.
If you could do it through a totally English interface it might be better for you guys in the long run.

Japanese emails, transfers, payments etc.

The guys who have registered dot jps I don't know how they did it.....

Pretty sure the guy who runs the site is signed up as a member.

http://www.jp-domains.com/

Yes, it is Myukai ( Michael Yukai).

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon