PDA

View Full Version : [where].net - Chinese Simpl. - 哪里.net

nateq314
14th October 2010, 01:13 AM
哪里.net (Chinese - "where.net")
http://xn--pwru03l.net/

2,240,000 monthly searches for the term "哪里" -
Correct link to the Google AdWords estimator above is:
https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__c=1000000000&__u=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_STATS#search.none
Domain is registered on Name.com. I will also throw in the ".org" for free.

Start: $1
Default increment rules apply:
$0 to $10 - increments of $1
$11 to $50 - increments if $2
$51 to $100- increments of $5
$101 & up- increments of $10.
No Reserve
Bin $2000
Ends 72 hours after last bid.

zaclondon
14th October 2010, 06:17 PM
$1

nateq314
14th October 2010, 11:41 PM
Correct link to the Google AdWords estimator above is:
https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__c=1000000000&__u=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_STATS#search.none

Not sure why the address got cut off like that.

Moderator: Please help edit the original post to put the correct link in, thanks.

nateq314
16th October 2010, 03:10 PM
~24hrs

nateq314
17th October 2010, 06:08 AM
~12hrs

zaclondon
18th October 2010, 09:49 AM
Claiming as sold. Thanks for throwing in the .org too. Will complement my 哪里.com:)

Please PM payment instructions.

zaclondon
19th October 2010, 11:09 AM
I received this PM from nate313 and thought I'd share it here:

Received your post and understood and I will send it to you shortly upon payment to my paypal account ([email]@gmail.com) or whatever is your preferred method of payment.

One thing I would like to discuss first. I had no idea there would be such little demand for the name, I had thought it was worth quite a bit and was extremely surprised at the outcome. I had set the starting price at $1 just to interest people and get bids going. Even now don't really understand why there were no other bids.

If you insist on only paying $1, I accept, and it is yours for $1 and I won't argue the point, because you rightfully and fairly won the auction at $1. But at the same time would like to politely request that, out of niceness, you pay $18, which is the actual original price I paid for the ".net" and ".org" names together. If you disagree and only wish to pay $1, I will not argue, and will still accept $1 as payment. It's up to you. Just letting u know how I feel about the results. Please let me know how you wish to proceed. Thanks,

How much did you think 哪里.net was worth? It's certainly not worth $18+renwal fees for itself and the .org. I only bid $1 because I knew it wouldn't go much higher.

I can understand your disappointment but I think it outrageous to ask for 1800% more payment than the winning price because you miscalculated, and requesting that I be 'nice'. I had the impression this was a business transaction.

To be honest, I'm not that bothered about this domain. I am however annoyed having spent time bidding and having to go through this trudge having won.

nateq314
19th October 2010, 12:48 PM
It is yours for $1 end of discussion. Please send to my paypal account as requested and notify me by PM of your info so I can complete the transfer.

My message was as polite and respectful and fair as I could possibly write it. I didn't make any demands, nor did I say anything negative regarding either yourself or the sale. Am not asking you to go through any trudge but rather just a simple yes or no answer by way of private reply, upon which I would complete the transaction in either case. It was sent privately because I wanted it private. Your public re-posting is not appreciated in the least. End of discussion.

zaclondon
20th October 2010, 10:10 AM
Your plea was assuming and insistent with phrases like "If you insist on paying $1", "If you disagree" etc. It wasn't 'polite' or 'respectful'. In fact judging by your original PM and your reply you certainly come off as abrasive.

You made a mistake and you need to learn from it. Requesting me to pay more is not the answer and it was not appreciated.

It was either posting your message here or giving you a negative feedback for unprofessionalism. I'll think you'll agree that I took the kinder route.

Let's finish this transaction and get it over with.

blastfromthepast
20th October 2010, 07:11 PM
If it sold for $1 it sold for $1.

websjapan
21st October 2010, 06:31 AM
the lesson here is *reserve price*