PDA

View Full Version : Please Comment on These IDNs

Malika Sharma
17th October 2010, 05:56 AM
Hi,
I bought these domain names some days back. Let me know if these domains are of any worth. I plan to keep these domains for a while.
I would highly appreciate you putting in your time in reviewing these domain names. :)

xn--11bdju7al8e1fc9cg7d.com गन्देचुटकुले.com dirty jokes
xn--11ba3azbq1a3ho3eg.com कैटरीनाकैफ.com Katrina Kaif
xn--11b3axsh6ec2j.com बलात्कार.com Rape
xn--i1b5fcjsb4gwa3czcf.com ब्लूफिल्में.com Blue Movies
xn--81bagww2b4bp0efc3lyai.com ज्योतिषविज्ञान.com Astrology
xn--p1b1a4abvlcc4gwcyccgq2i1cwa.com हिन्दीगानेडाउनलोड.com Hindi Songs Download
xn--p1b1cb1am4ar7gqa9ioa.com फ्रीडाउनलोड.com Free Download
xn--o2bgf6ab9b7e.com फ्रीसमस.com Free SMS
xn--i1b1db9db0c8fd8as.com रेस्टोरेंट.com Restaurant
xn--h2b2am5al.com तलाशी.com Search
xn--i1bzs5d0g.com एकांत.com Solitude
xn--11ba7b7b5cb2a5h.com तरक़्क़ी.com Progress/Increase
xn--i1b1db9db0ce8id2bug.com रेस्टोरेंट्स.com Restaurants
xn--11boh1bycze5b0a.com टैकनोलजी.com Technology
xn--11b1b3bxal2g.com नक़्शा.com Map
xn--i1b6csbf2dg5dgp0d.com पूंजीनिवेश.com Investment
xn--h2bac4bdd0hcl5ke.com तीर्थयात्रा.com Teerth Yatra
xn--l1b0c4bpc5a0db9e.com शेअरबाजार.com ShareMarket

xn--h2bv0aezc.com सहायता.com Help
xn--i1bgi5frdcjuc9c5eb3a2g.com मुंबईशेअरबाजार.com Mumbai Share Market
xn--l2b0ajxd.com निवास.com Residence/Home
xn--x1bh1eb5dc2c7dtb.com बॉक्सऑफिस.com Box Office
xn--m1b4a5cwb.com आकलन.com Estimate/Calculation
xn--31by1bwb7f.com ग्रहण.com Eclipse
xn--c2bmigzfs0c5le.com पर्यटनस्थल.com Tourist destination
xn--11bt6aue8o.com पर्यटक.com Tourist
xn--i1b2ezao6a3bb.com भाषांतर.com Translation
xn--l1b6bd8bh4mtb6b.com अनुच्छेद.com Article
xn--h2bv0aezc.net सहायता.net Help

bestwallpapers.in
wallpaperdesktop.in
videosongsdownload.in
bollywoodsongsdownload.in
hindismsjokes.in
latestbollywoodmovies.in
wallpapersfree.in
santabantajokes.in

Any suggestions, comments, thoughts, views are welcomed. :)
I am very new to the domain buying business so all your comments will be appreciated.

Thank you so much.
Regards,
Malika

blastfromthepast
17th October 2010, 06:07 AM
How much did you pay?

Malika Sharma
17th October 2010, 06:43 AM
How much did you pay?

Each of these domains has costed me around $8.

alexd
17th October 2010, 07:44 AM
Are you a native speaker of Hindi ? If so, and the domains you registered are correct, then I think you have some pretty nice ones in that list.

Malika Sharma
17th October 2010, 07:49 AM
Are you a native speaker of Hindi ? If so, and the domains you registered are correct, then I think you have some pretty nice ones in that list.

Yes, I am Hindi native.
Thanks for sparing time here. I am actually VERY new to this domain business so this is why asking for you experts to review them. So do I stand a good chance for selling them at decent price?

17th October 2010, 09:37 AM
I am not sure this is the main term? रेस्टोरेंट्स.com (Restaurants), Or this one? टैकनोलजी.com (Technology).
Good luck, try and get specific generic products or services and the main term is obviously what you want.

bwhhisc
17th October 2010, 10:39 AM
Yes, I am Hindi native.
Thanks for sparing time here. I am actually VERY new to this domain business so this is why asking for you experts to review them. So do I stand a good chance for selling them at decent price?

If these are prime terms they should do well but the India IDN market seems slow to catch on. Hopefully some of the big companies and large advertising agencies will begin some campaigns with Hindi domains and bring awareness.

Are all of your terms the "prime" words? In particular "restaurants"

Malika Sharma
17th October 2010, 12:06 PM
I am not sure this is the main term? रेस्टोरेंट्स.com (Restaurants), Or this one? टैकनोलजी.com (Technology).
Good luck, try and get specific generic products or services and the main term is obviously what you want.

Hi 555,
रेस्टोरेंट्स.com (Restaurants)and टैकनोलजी.com (Technology) are not generic terms. Thanks for the time you have put in here and yes, I will surely get more generic terms soon. :)

Regards,
Malika

Malika Sharma
17th October 2010, 02:16 PM
If these are prime terms they should do well but the India IDN market seems slow to catch on. Hopefully some of the big companies and large advertising agencies will begin some campaigns with Hindi domains and bring awareness.

Are all of your terms the "prime" words? In particular "restaurants"

Hi,
As pointed out above, the domain name for restaurants and technology are not prime or generic. Yes, you are very right. It will take some time to extract profits from Indian domain name. I don't plan to sell any of these domains anytime soon. My idea is to keep them for a few years and then sell them.
I am just waiting for the right deal, till then I am keeping them all with me :)

bwhhisc
17th October 2010, 04:20 PM
Hi,
As pointed out above, the domain name for restaurants and technology are not prime or generic. Yes, you are very right. It will take some time to extract profits from Indian domain name. I don't plan to sell any of these domains anytime soon. My idea is to keep them for a few years and then sell them.
I am just waiting for the right deal, till then I am keeping them all with me :)

So do you think they will catch on in India?

Many have said that India likes English domain names and "everyone" that uses computer can speak English for the most part....and would probably not favor IDNs for their language. (Most from domainers at namepros forum).

Malika Sharma
17th October 2010, 05:24 PM
So do you think they will catch on in India?

Many have said that India likes English domain names and "everyone" that uses computer can speak English for the most part....and would probably not favor IDNs for their language. (Most from domainers at namepros forum).

Hi,
I am an avid computer user and I am comfortable in reading/writing in English language. Whereas, my parents are not very comfortable with English language, thus they don't use computer.

What I personally feel is that if Google and Microsoft (and other big giants) are extending their warmth towards the Indian languages by introducing Hindi language in their products then probably there is something huge that is yet to be seen. And this can be their interest in the market that has never been touched before, the market which is very big in itself and can expand greatly. The reason why all the computer users in India are comfortable (or at least have a basic understanding) with English is because other people who are not comfortable with this language have never got any chance to operate computer/internet in their native language, so they stay away. Imagine how it would be telling these people that internet is available now in their own language?

BUT!!
Only if these biggies take interest then should we be able to reap profits. A lot of development has to be done now. If you try and search for Hindi words on internet then you would see that for many basic terms they are showing thousands of results in the search engine. The URL of these pages will be in English but all their content is in Hindi. So why are they doing it in Hindi? Because, once this market is unveiled and open to public, it is going to be huge. Now that IDNs are open, building them is a good and smart move. (as far as I can see)

There is just H-U-G-E chunk of people which is not comfortable with English language...eager to operate computer and use internet.... but can't do it...because of the language barrier..

Umm, okay that was my personal view and assumptions.

Living in India, I know of one thing and that is we all use Hindi (or any other regional language depending on the region) and not English for our daily talks. So, taking interest in Indian IDNs will slowly but surely be a hit.

Not ripe yet, will take time. This is all I can say.

bumblebee man
17th October 2010, 07:15 PM
The reason why all the computer users in India are comfortable (or at least have a basic understanding) with English is because other people who are not comfortable with this language have never got any chance to operate computer/internet in their native language, so they stay away.

Yeah, many people confuse cause and effect.

bwhhisc
17th October 2010, 07:52 PM
Nice post and insight. I think that both MS and Google like India's market potential with 1+ billion populations.

Here is a link that gives you a bit of what is happening with these big companies in India. For what its worth, you should use your skills as a native speaker to get some more strong Hindi .com IDNs while you have the chance. ;)

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/infotech/internet/Google-Microsoft-focus-on-regional-languages/articleshow/6242139.cms

And on another note for the "English" speakers in India....just remind them that the (broad) future of computing in India is all about CELL PHONES....they are no doubt the way the majority of searches will take place in the future. There will be hundreds of millions of cell phones in India, with the majority addressed in all of the major Indian languages and many here are betting they will be searching URLs using IDNs.

kartik786
17th October 2010, 07:59 PM
xn--11bdju7al8e1fc9cg7d.com गन्देचुटकुले.com dirty jokes
xn--11ba3azbq1a3ho3eg.com कैटरीनाकैफ.com Katrina Kaif
xn--11b3axsh6ec2j.com बलात्कार.com Rape
xn--i1b5fcjsb4gwa3czcf.com ब्लूफिल्में.com Blue Movies
xn--81bagww2b4bp0efc3lyai.com ज्योतिषविज्ञान.com Astrology
xn--p1b1a4abvlcc4gwcyccgq2i1cwa.com हिन्दीगानेडाउनलोड.com Hindi Songs Download
xn--p1b1cb1am4ar7gqa9ioa.com फ्रीडाउनलोड.com Free Download
xn--o2bgf6ab9b7e.com फ्रीसमस.com Free SMS
xn--i1b1db9db0c8fd8as.com रेस्टोरेंट.com Restaurant
xn--h2b2am5al.com तलाशी.com Search
xn--i1bzs5d0g.com एकांत.com Solitude
xn--11ba7b7b5cb2a5h.com तरक़्क़ी.com Progress/Increase
xn--i1b1db9db0ce8id2bug.com रेस्टोरेंट्स.com Restaurants
xn--11boh1bycze5b0a.com टैकनोलजी.com Technology
xn--11b1b3bxal2g.com नक़्शा.com Map
xn--i1b6csbf2dg5dgp0d.com पूंजीनिवेश.com Investment
xn--h2bac4bdd0hcl5ke.com तीर्थयात्रा.com Teerth Yatra
xn--l1b0c4bpc5a0db9e.com शेअरबाजार.com ShareMarket

xn--h2bv0aezc.com सहायता.com Help
xn--i1bgi5frdcjuc9c5eb3a2g.com मुंबईशेअरबाजार.com Mumbai Share Market
xn--l2b0ajxd.com निवास.com Residence/Home
xn--x1bh1eb5dc2c7dtb.com बॉक्सऑफिस.com Box Office
xn--m1b4a5cwb.com आकलन.com Estimate/Calculation
xn--31by1bwb7f.com ग्रहण.com Eclipse
xn--c2bmigzfs0c5le.com पर्यटनस्थल.com Tourist destination
xn--11bt6aue8o.com पर्यटक.com Tourist
xn--i1b2ezao6a3bb.com भाषांतर.com Translation
xn--l1b6bd8bh4mtb6b.com अनुच्छेद.com Article
xn--h2bv0aezc.net सहायता.net Help

Ones marked in bold make some sense.. one's underlined have potential

For a person who can speak hindi, you shouldve come up with better regs.

like पूंजी (savings) and निवेश (investment) individually would make lot more sense

o.c.
17th October 2010, 11:21 PM
Wellcome and judging from the name and having been around here for a while now, I am going to assume you are one of our few female members that is active, if not the first one in a while. Congrats.

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 01:17 AM
Ones marked in bold make some sense.. one's underlined have potential

For a person who can speak hindi, you shouldve come up with better regs.

like पूंजी (savings) and निवेश (investment) individually would make lot more sense

Good morning Kartik786,
Thank you for highlighting words/domain names that have potential.
I agree being a native hindi speaker I should have fetched better domain names but this is the very first time I am buying domains for selling purposes. I used to buy domains keeping SEO purpose in mind for my own sites but never for this.

LOW ON CONFIDENCE HERE :no:

I will still try and get good ones soon.
Thanks for taking out time.

Regards,
Malika

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 01:21 AM
Wellcome and judging from the name and having been around here for a while now, I am going to assume you are one of our few female members that is active, if not the first one in a while. Congrats.

Hi,
Thank you for such a warm welcome :)

I looking forward to a bright headstart at the IDNforums.

Hope to receive co-operation from all you experts here :yes:

Regards,
Malika

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 01:30 AM
Nice post and insight. I think that both MS and Google like India's market potential with 1+ billion populations.

Here is a link that gives you a bit of what is happening with these big companies in India. For what its worth, you should use your skills as a native speaker to get some more strong Hindi .com IDNs while you have the chance. ;)

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/infotech/internet/Google-Microsoft-focus-on-regional-languages/articleshow/6242139.cms

And on another note for the "English" speakers in India....just remind them that the (broad) future of computing in India is all about CELL PHONES....they are no doubt the way the majority of searches will take place in the future. There will be hundreds of millions of cell phones in India, with the majority addressed in all of the major Indian languages and many here are betting they will be searching URLs using IDNs.

Yes, I am trying real hard to get good domains but always get short of funds. Lol. Anyway, I will soon be buying a few more domains and will post them here for all you people to review. :)

bwhhisc
18th October 2010, 01:35 AM
Good morning Kartik786,
Thank you for highlighting words/domain names that have potential. I agree being a native hindi speaker I should have fetched better domain names but this is the very first time I am buying domains for selling purposes. I used to buy domains keeping SEO purpose in mind for my own sites but never for this. I will still try and get good ones soon.
Thanks for taking out time.
Regards,Malika

Welcome to IDNF Malika, nice to have you here.
I pm'd you a few lists that might be helpful.
Good luck in your IDN search, there are still many good Hindi names to find.

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 01:47 AM
Welcome to IDNF Malika, nice to have you here.
I pm'd you a few lists that might be helpful.
Good luck in your IDN search, there are still many good Hindi names to find.

Thank you bwhhisc,
Yes, I have received the list and it's HUGE!
:rolleyes: Rep added.

Regards,
Malika

Drewbert
18th October 2010, 01:57 AM
Great to see you here Malika.

We need more native speakers of all languages. :)

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 02:09 AM
Great to see you here Malika.

We need more native speakers of all languages. :)

Thank you Drewbert :)
I hope to serve and receive from all the members here.
Regards,
Malika

a2zofb2b
23rd October 2010, 12:11 AM
Hi,
I bought these domain names some days back. Let me know if these domains are of any worth. I plan to keep these domains for a while.
I would highly appreciate you putting in your time in reviewing these domain names. :)

Any suggestions, comments, thoughts, views are welcomed. :)
I am very new to the domain buying business so all your comments will be appreciated.

Thank you so much.
Regards,
Malika

You have few quality name and others worth registration price or less.
Since, you are new to domaining, concentrate on quality names rather than quantity.
(registration and renewal price may rack up to few thousands over 5 years)
There are some top Hindi name still available and you have advantage of knowing Hindi language. Preferably go with one word Hindi names.

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 01:42 AM
There are some top Hindi name still available and you have advantage of knowing Hindi language.

:yes:

milk.com was picked up from drop list this morning. Not by me though. :(

Drewbert
23rd October 2010, 02:22 AM
Preferably go with one word Hindi names.

Hmmm. I'd rather have [usedcars].com than elbow.com

a2zofb2b
23rd October 2010, 03:10 AM
Hmmm. I'd rather have [usedcars].com than elbow.com

You conveniently misquoted me.
Read my previous line.
"concentrate on quality names rather than quantity."

IDNCowboy
23rd October 2010, 03:41 AM
:yes:

milk.com was picked up from drop list this morning. Not by me though. :(

snap or where? :P

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 03:47 AM
snap or where? :P

where.

IDNCowboy
23rd October 2010, 03:56 AM
where.

what service

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 04:01 AM
what service

not sure, but I was after it for the last 2 month, and as soon as it got released it got picked up.

Malika Sharma
23rd October 2010, 07:50 AM
Since, you are new to domaining, concentrate on quality names rather than quantity.
(registration and renewal price may rack up to few thousands over 5 years)
There are some top Hindi name still available and you have advantage of knowing Hindi language. Preferably go with one word Hindi names.

Thank you :)
I will work on it