PDA

View Full Version : What all is required for IDN selling?

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 01:24 PM
Hi,
I have been busy in my work for a while now and researching about IDNs.

Is there anything that is required to do before selling domain names? Is parking really essential?

Regards,
Malika

bumblebee man
18th October 2010, 01:32 PM
Finding a buyer usually helps.

(Unless you're working with Network Solutions)

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 01:35 PM
Hehe..
and what's with network solutions? Can you tell me a bit more about them? I recently read a few negative feedback from people who tried their services.. Do you have some good info about them in stores? ;)

alexd
18th October 2010, 01:58 PM
This should explain the Network Solutions episode ....

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/27290-idn-hall-of-shame-nominee-network-solutions.html

Malika Sharma
18th October 2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks alexd!

Drewbert
18th October 2010, 02:28 PM
(Unless you're working with Network Solutions)

Zing!!!!!

squirrel
18th October 2010, 04:20 PM
A paypal account is always useful

IDNCowboy
18th October 2010, 04:21 PM
sharing the vision of Rick Schwartz :P

blastfromthepast
18th October 2010, 08:22 PM
A PayPal account.

tee1
18th October 2010, 09:21 PM
check out the sales & auction threads to get an idea of how things work here. Most members have accounts at moniker, dynadot, godaddy ect (all the idn supporting registers). dynadot does offer (use to offer assume they still do) the ability to drop for credit minus a small fee, keep that in mind and as indicated several times above paypal is a must for most transactions.

good luck and welcome to the board.

Malika Sharma
19th October 2010, 03:43 AM
Hi,
I have a paypal account for receiving payment from my clients. :rolleyes:
Thank you all for your support :)

kartik786
19th October 2010, 06:11 PM
शेरबाजार is a good catch as well :)

and yes, a hyphenated version makes more sense.

depends on which one gets developed faster

DktoInc
19th October 2010, 08:09 PM
शेरबाजार is a good catch as well :)

was that a joke?

kartik786
20th October 2010, 11:24 AM
replied in the wrong thread .. had multiple windows open.. this one was for her stock market hindi domain appraisal thread!

DktoInc
20th October 2010, 03:28 PM
replied in the wrong thread .. had multiple windows open.. this one was for her stock market hindi domain appraisal thread!

शेरबाजार is a good catch as well

शेरबाजार-Tiger Market??

Malika Sharma
20th October 2010, 03:30 PM
शेरबाजार is a good catch as well

शेरबाजार-Tiger Market??

Ummm.. Kartik must have meant शेयरबाज़ार

DktoInc
20th October 2010, 03:34 PM
Ummm.. Kartik must have meant शेयरबाज़ार

Can I get your opinion on गाड़ी vs कार?

Malika Sharma
20th October 2010, 03:36 PM
Can I get your opinion on गाड़ी vs कार?

गाड़ी is much broader than कार

If I had to choose between two, I would have gone for गाड़ी as it offers much variety :yes:

DktoInc
20th October 2010, 03:38 PM
गाड़ी is much broader than कार

If I had to choose between two, I would have gone for गाड़ी as it offers much variety :yes:

Thank you.
So just to be clear for everyone here, you are a native hindi speaker and resident, and you would rather choose:

गाड़ी-car in Hindi then कार-Car(English Translit)

Malika Sharma
20th October 2010, 05:44 PM
Thank you.
So just to be clear for everyone here, you are a native hindi speaker and resident, and you would rather choose:

गाड़ी-car in Hindi then कार-Car(English Translit)

Well, reason for choosing गाड़ी is that it offers variety. गाड़ी can be anything from trucks to carriage, from train to cars, from carts to almost any vehicle that can be used to commute. However, कार would just mean CAR..

DktoInc
20th October 2010, 07:13 PM
Well, reason for choosing गाड़ी is that it offers variety. गाड़ी can be anything from trucks to carriage, from train to cars, from carts to almost any vehicle that can be used to commute. However, कार would just mean CAR..

be carefull, last guy who said that here got banned. ;)

bumblebee man
20th October 2010, 11:50 PM
Let the people vote! (http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A1%E0%A4%BC%E0%A5%80%2C%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B0)

Malika Sharma
21st October 2010, 05:33 AM
Putting it in simpler form:

गाड़ी = Vehicle
कार = Car

:)

kartik786
23rd October 2010, 08:12 AM
check GAADI.com (http://gaadi.com) ( गाड़ी ) :)

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 01:41 PM
Let the people vote! (http://www.google.com/trends?q=%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A1%E0%A4%BC%E0%A5%80%2C%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B0)

anymore questions?

bumblebee man
23rd October 2010, 02:21 PM
anymore questions?

Nope, car is better than vehicle like in any other language.

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 02:31 PM
:yes:

Malika Sharma
23rd October 2010, 02:31 PM
Nope, car is better than vehicle like in any other language.

Car of course is better if you want to capture "car" market. If one wants to include two wheeler, four wheelers and 6-tires truck and everything else related to means of commutation then other term is better.

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 02:40 PM
In India गाड़ी is more used by locals when referring to a car or any other means of transportation than कार.

Malika Sharma
23rd October 2010, 02:44 PM
In India गाड़ी is more used by locals when referring to a car or any other means of transportation than कार.

What exactly you trying to convey from all the posts made by you? I am bit confused. Please clarify :)

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 02:54 PM
What exactly you trying to convey from all the posts made by you? I am bit confused. Please clarify :)

This is just an old unsettled argument, where innocent bystander got booted for telling how it is.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/26870-its-high-time-you-should-develop-your-hindi-idn.html

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/26849-pujnabi-idn-domain-com-3300-searches-worth-to-register.html

:mad:

Malika Sharma
23rd October 2010, 02:56 PM
LOL.. Okay.. Peace... I am out ..

bwhhisc
23rd October 2010, 04:32 PM
This is just an old unsettled argument, where innocent bystander got booted for telling how it is.

The MODERATOR staff, including myself spent w-a-y too much time trying to figure out the runaround we got on that thread.
Here is a short rundown of what we were faced with:

-Forum members with multiple identities yet same IP
-Different IP addresses from same city and same Host server.
-Members joining here listing that they were "referred" by other members, then that "other" member saying
that they don't even know them etc. etc. etc.
-No response back to MODs from certain members pm's or emails.
-Members claiming to own names with other members names on the who.is.

The MOD staff spent the better part of a week trying to sort this out.

You were the only one who tried to assist...but I guess we never did find out who was behind also treading on using other identities...including other IDNF members identities. That is serious sh*t, it won't be tolerated especially on a forum where names
are bought and sold and money is exchanged. We caution everyone to use due diligence and if in question use escrow.com.

I can assure you "next time" any matter like this will be sorted out in 48 hours or less.
Those non responders will be banned without that kind of time and aggravation.

Anyone that got banned was done so for good reason...some perhaps you may not even be aware of. ;)

So don't blame this on the Mod staff. No one got banned for "telling it like it is" ...thats from damn sure!

We like people to tell it like it is....what we don't like is dishonesty or the bullsh*t run around the MODs got that week
from certain ex-members here.

DktoInc
23rd October 2010, 05:33 PM
No one is blaming you for anything, you guys are doing a great job. No illegal activity was happening during the argument, but an innocent bystander got booted and that's a fact. He doesn't owe you an explanation no one does until illegal activity is taking place.
Now you have multiple natives confirming that what i said was the truth and some members are still wearing their pink glasses. O well, I hope the world is colorful in them. I am not going to waist anymore time on this. If you have any questions, we can tet a tet in NY.

bwhhisc
23rd October 2010, 05:46 PM
No one is blaming you for anything, you guys are doing a great job. No illegal activity was happening during the argument, but an innocent bystander got booted and that's a fact. He doesn't owe you an explanation no one does until illegal activity is taking place.
Now you have multiple natives confirming that what i said was the truth and some members are still wearing their pink glasses. O well, I hope the world is colorful in them. I am not going to waist anymore time on this. If you have any questions, we can tet a tet in NY.

Have them email me and we will see if we can get it fixed, or pm me their email and I will contact them.

23rd October 2010, 05:52 PM
tet a tet
têteàtête .com TAKEN 2001
tête-à-tête .com TAKEN 2005

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

domainguru
24th October 2010, 12:41 PM

Except this isn't a law court. Nobody has to "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" any kind of "illegal" activity. It is a membership club where the club owners have the last say. If they have good reason to suspect activity that will damage the reputation of the forum, they have every right (duty) to act.

These guys are very tolerant actually. It isn't dnforum or namepros where people get banned instantly because they say anything that the owners don't like. I truly believe if anyone gets banned here, it is for a damned fine reason.

DktoInc
24th October 2010, 06:40 PM
Except this isn't a law court. Nobody has to "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" any kind of "illegal" activity. It is a membership club where the club owners have the last say. If they have good reason to suspect activity that will damage the reputation of the forum, they have every right (duty) to act.

These guys are very tolerant actually. It isn't dnforum or namepros where people get banned instantly because they say anything that the owners don't like. I truly believe if anyone gets banned here, it is for a damned fine reason.

Believe what you want. If it wasn't for your wining and crying about the guys avatar that sort of looked like yours but not really, non of this would have happened. It's not the forums reputation you are worried about its your own, so don't give me that sincerity crap. I tried to help some latecomers by offering some advise, that as you can see from the posts here was in fact a true advise, yes maybe I went out of my way a little bit to open up people eyes, but all this was for a good cause. Those who acted upon it and I know a few people that did, came out with some diamonds in Hindi. Those who didn't act upon it, have you to thank.

sarcle
24th October 2010, 10:59 PM
I tried to help some latecomers by offering some.

Firstly, you are a latecomer.

Second, offering advice when you were pushing BS dual script domains is like asking GWB if he regrets his foreign policy.

Those who didn't act upon it, have you to thank

Actually, I have many people to thank here. DG is one of them. What is your point? Oh, you weren't around 5 years ago.

DktoInc
25th October 2010, 02:39 AM
Firstly, you are a latecomer.

-Yes, I never said I wasn't.

Second, offering advice when you were pushing BS dual script domains is like asking GWB if he regrets his foreign policy.

-I wasn't pushing it. I had a signature that looked good.

Actually, I have many people to thank here. DG is one of them. What is your point? Oh, you weren't around 5 years ago.

-You are doing the right thing. No i wasn't around here 5 years ago, what's your point? .