PDA

View Full Version : #1 Indian search term: [of.com]

horatiob
29th October 2010, 03:48 PM
Deal in 30 Seconds...

[OF.com] In Demand Name FOR SALE!

[OF.com] is India's highest search term domain name for people who want to connect with 'OF' related products or services as customers in India. Every month, 301,000 people who don't speak English use the Internet. When those people search 'OF' i.e. for an [Online Finance Company], [Online Fun Company], [Online Food Company], or [Online Fashion Company], it is likely that [OF.com] is where they will end up at. We help you talk to your new audience in India's language.

How far will [OF.com] rise? We might find out over the next months at ICANN, when [of.com] will be converted to IDN.IDN with publicity. It originally was Googled at 150,000.

See Google Chart for search record here (https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS#search.none)

I hope to hear from bidders soon.

PM me with strong offers, if you don't hear from me then it means that your offer was not serious, or you asked for the sale price.

Good Bidding!

domainguru
29th October 2010, 03:52 PM
Great spoof of a real offer. Particularly like this:

"Every month, 301,000 people who don't speak English use the Internet"

Might want to revise that up a bit.

Also, for mods, the poster has provided no evidence "of" is the top searched Indian term. So the post title is completely misleading, a lie in fact:

"#1 Indian search term: [of.com] "

Might be nice to get it amended or deleted, either is good.

bumblebee man
29th October 2010, 03:56 PM
:lol:

bwhhisc
29th October 2010, 04:46 PM
Please clarify.....are you selling "OF.com" (english??) which it does not appear as you mention the conversion to idn.idn. In that case sales rules dictate you need to list the unicode and punycode.

I would also suggest you reword to advertise "a potentially highly searched term"...unless you have proof for what you state here.

Thank you,
MOD STAFF

alexd
29th October 2010, 05:47 PM
Wasn't this domain ( whatever it actually is ) posted before by the OP and if I rememer, didn't that thread go down in flames.

If this domain is an IDN, and not OF - then what the f**k is the point of posting the following information ...
When those people search 'OF' i.e. for an [Online Finance Company], [Online Fun Company], [Online Food Company], or [Online Fashion Company], it is likely that [OF.com] is where they will end up at.

If this domain is actually an ASCII domain and is OF.com - then the above info is relevant, otherwise - its a complete waste of time and space !!!

Alex

IDNCowboy
29th October 2010, 05:59 PM
What a crappy name - who you kidding? top searched term

horatiob
29th October 2010, 06:03 PM
Please clarify.....are you selling "OF.com" (english??) which it does not appear as you mention the conversion to idn.idn. In that case sales rules dictate you need to list the unicode and punycode.

I would also suggest you reword to advertise "a potentially highly searched term"...unless you have proof for what you state here.

Thank you,
MOD STAFF

Welcomed to oblige, remarks merit a response!!!

horatiob
29th October 2010, 06:44 PM
I forgot to state that [OF.com] is Hindi.
की.com
xn--11b0g.com

The tools are there to search for the highest Hindi word, (keyword), do reply if there is a higher search term than "OF".

Deal in 30 Seconds...

[OF.com] In Demand Name FOR SALE!

[OF.com] is India's highest search term domain name for people who want to connect with 'OF' related products or services as customers in India. Every month, 301,000 people who don't speak English use the Internet. When those people search 'OF' i.e. for an [Online Finance Company], [Online Fun Company], [Online Food Company], or [Online Fashion Company], it is likely that [OF.com] is where they will end up at. We help you talk to your new audience in India's language.

How far will [OF.com] rise? We might find out over the next months at ICANN, when [of.com] will be converted to IDN.IDN with publicity. It originally was Googled at 150,000.

See Google Chart for search record here (https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS#search.none)

I hope to hear from bidders soon.

PM me with strong offers, if you don't hear from me then it means that your offer was not serious, or you asked for the sale price.

Good Bidding!

thefabfive
29th October 2010, 07:11 PM
No one is searching for "of".

They are searching for "word1 of word2" like "World of Warcraft" or "University of xxxx". I would guess similarly for Hindi.

;)

bumblebee man
29th October 2010, 09:35 PM
Seriously, I don't like to comment in sales threads. But this is just a blatant attempt to take everyone here for a complete idiot.

bwhhisc
29th October 2010, 09:52 PM
Seriously, I don't like to comment in sales threads. But this is just a blatant attempt to take everyone here for a complete idiot.

Although a sales thread, hoping horatiab will allow some "discussion" here. Be nice for some native speakers to offer an opinion as well.

The value for of.com in English is mainly a 2 letter name, also a dictionary word to boot.
It is not a particularly exciting word in english though....I would rather have "go" or "me" or many other 2 letter or even 3 letter words before this one.

Also not sure if "short" words in Hindi give a big value just for being a very short name; I guess it is a plus that it is also a dictionary word. Many did collect 2 letter Russian symbols...I think they are mostly picked thru and most not dictionary terms.

Not reading Hindi I am clueless if this has potential for big bucks in the future.

kartik786
30th October 2010, 06:44 AM
Dont see any commercial value.

Can probably be a hack , name.की.com ( means dot com of / owned by individual/company) .. unlikely to happen but thats the only use I can think of.

domainguru
30th October 2010, 09:09 AM
I forgot to state that [OF.com] is Hindi.
की.com
xn--11b0g.com

The tools are there to search for the highest Hindi word, (keyword), do reply if there is a higher search term than "OF".

If there isn't a higher searched Hindi term, Hindi is in big trouble, here is music (thai) vs of (hindi):

http://www.google.com/trends/viz?q=%E0%A4%95%E0%A5%80,%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%87&date=all&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&sort=1&sa=N

But I will presume there are lots of Hindi terms get far more searches than "Of" - its not exactly the first word that springs to mind when you hit the Google search box... I'm sure Hindi owners can name a few good ones.

bumblebee man
30th October 2010, 10:43 AM
But I will presume there are lots of Hindi terms get far more searches than "Of" - its not exactly the first word that springs to mind when you hit the Google search box... I'm sure Hindi owners can name a few good ones.

It all depends on the difference between broad search and exact search volume. Actually this is the perfect example to underline that broad search is bullshit.

domainguru
30th October 2010, 02:51 PM
It all depends on the difference between broad search and exact search volume. Actually this is the perfect example to underline that broad search is bullshit.

I totally agree with you. Personally I think all "broad search" stats should be banned, and from what I understand about Yandex, that is all that produces as well ...

But what do I know. People with crap names want to pretend they are wonderful, so I suspect we will always see people quoting broad search results. Might as well produce "random numbers" really for all the use they are.