PDA

View Full Version : my first arabic website using Arabic IDNS (interesting numbers)

haddady
7th November 2010, 11:26 PM
for those interested in peoples reflections to international domain names , it was really great
i started a website for elections (in Arabic elections.net) الانتخابات.net (http://xn--mgbaaaekd2a9qva.net)
it really was a positive experience
first week got 5,000 visitors ( 15% of them wrote it directly )
second week 24% wrote it directly

3rd week 35% wrote it directly

now total after 20 days
i have 34% direct visitors ( people typing elections in the arabic language )

anyone can share similar experience ?

bwhhisc
7th November 2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks for sharing...good luck with your site.
Be nice to see how Google treats your keyword + good content for page rank over time.
Some say keyword in URL is king in algorithm. You have hit Goog page 6 for keyword الانتخابات

http://www.google.com/search?q=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA&hl=en&rlz=1R2GGLL_en&prmd=in&ei=4UfXTJKSG4L6lwexuIT9CA&start=50&sa=N

websjapan
7th November 2010, 11:47 PM
my biggest surprise is that they thought of .net
do people there not think of .com first?

basel
8th November 2010, 12:56 AM
haddady

the idea of the site is looks nice , but the only function in the site is may used once time every 4 years that people vote and the election will closed after some days

so what you will use other functions in the future to run the site and keep visitors for the next 4 years

good luck again

bwhhisc
8th November 2010, 01:01 AM

the com was already taken (owned by gee here)

.net has a lot of popular sites in Arab world...like aljazeera.net news site.
they are not as phobic about net vs. com but i think com is preferred if available.

basel
8th November 2010, 01:17 AM
yes true bill , there is much interesting in (DEVELOPING) .net domains in arabia

and for sure thats not in arabia only , thats why the english premium domains .net still worth much than alot of other extentions gtld and cctld

i saw that people in arabia also interesting in .org as organisation business
and very low interesting to develop info and biz

haddady
8th November 2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for sharing...good luck with your site.
Be nice to see how Google treats your keyword + good content for page rank over time.
Some say keyword in URL is king in algorithm. You have hit Goog page 6 for keyword الانتخابات

http://www.google.com/search?q=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA&hl=en&rlz=1R2GGLL_en&prmd=in&ei=4UfXTJKSG4L6lwexuIT9CA&start=50&sa=N t

good point , google is really giving high advantage to IDNS names , the fact is that i didn’t even optimize it , didnt do any SEO , youl notice i didn’t use SEO friendly links , or even have enough keywords and description to any of the pages , but that’s good news to all IDNS investors .

haddady
8th November 2010, 03:19 PM
haddady

the idea of the site is looks nice , but the only function in the site is may used once time every 4 years that people vote and the election will closed after some days

so what you will use other functions in the future to run the site and keep visitors for the next 4 years

good luck again

Basel
That is so true , if i wana keep it only to Jordan il have to wait 4 years , but again , making a website about elections here is very worthy , people tend to pay lots of money on elections in this 1 month every 4 years , so to answer your question i will not be able to maintain my visitors , for another 4 years , am thinking about making deals with people in other countries , let’s say Egypt , and sending users based on their geographical location to the website , this way such website can be a goldmine , but it decently is not easy
looking on the bright side : thousands of Jordanians typed the word in Arabic in their address bar , that drew a smile on my
face :) along with the money i got from 1 candidate who was interested :lol:

haddady
8th November 2010, 03:25 PM
actually most news websites prefer to use .net here in jordan , they sometimes make the stupid mistake of leaving the .com available :)
but this doesnt apply on all websites , as basel said when thinking idns for arabs , there isnt a big gap between .com and .net , but for sure .com is worth more

bwhhisc
8th November 2010, 03:28 PM
Basel
That is so true , if i wana keep it only to Jordan il have to wait 4 years , but again , making a website about elections here is very worthy , people tend to pay lots of money on elections in this 1 month every 4 years , so to answer your question i will not be able to maintain my visitors , for another 4 years , am thinking about making deals with people in other countries , let’s say Egypt , and sending users based on their geographical location to the website , this way such website can be a goldmine , but it decently is not easy
looking on the bright side : thousands of Jordanians typed the word in Arabic in their address bar , that drew a smile on my
face :) along with the money i got from 1 candidate who was interested :lol:

Maybe you should put a forum on it where they can "discuss" politics and issues.
Subdivide by countries and topics.
That could make some nice content for your site as well.

haddady
8th November 2010, 03:41 PM
Maybe you should put a forum on it where they can "discuss" politics and issues.
Subdivide by countries and topics.
That could make some nice content for your site as well.

great idea bwhhisc
i just hope id be able to monitor all comments , there’s no kidding in these subjects here , if you know what i mean :no:

basel
10th November 2010, 05:02 PM
great haddady the elections in jordan was like fire yesterday exactlly in amman3
i think that alot of news and portals websites gets alot of paid banners from them

also i like the idea of this one about elections nuwabbook.com

for me if you get the result number 1 in google/jordan for this keyword before 1 month of the elections day , you may get alot of paid ads
i saw a mass advertising for it in all jordanians websites

good luck again in your site
for me im one of the people that occulting this elections :)