PDA

View Full Version : problems registering IDNs

falco85
11th May 2006, 09:18 AM
Hello,
I have spotted out some good domains in chinese (chinese simplified and chinese traditional) and japanese, that are available to register.
But when I try to reg them, enom won't do it saying that the "domain is not available", even if I set the IDN tag correctly. I am doing this since 3 days so they are effectively free, but it won't me let register. What's wrong with this?

bramiozo
11th May 2006, 09:42 AM
Try entering the names in dynadot.com, they keep track of all the names that are blocked from registration. Also you may try dd24.net, if it shows as taken while the whois gives a "no matching record" then it's blocked for sure.

bwhhisc
11th May 2006, 12:19 PM
Hello,
I have spotted out some good domains in chinese (chinese simplified and chinese traditional) and japanese, that are available to register.
But when I try to reg them, enom won't do it saying that the "domain is not available", even if I set the IDN tag correctly. I am doing this since 3 days so they are effectively free, but it won't me let register. What's wrong with this?

You are not doing anything wrong, they are just "blocked" due to other similar words, or the fact that either the traditional version, or simplified version have already been taken. Check the same word in traditional (or simplified) and you will probably see that what you are after is taken. This also can be affected by registrations that are done in Japanese since many of the symbols are multilanguage. Some are both Japanese and Chinese. Dynadot has a system that shows what has been tried to register and failed, hopefully domainsite will someday implement the same.