PDA

View Full Version : карибского.рф edited to перемычек.рф (Jumpers.com full Russian Extension)

horatiob
20th November 2010, 12:19 PM
Please could anyone appraise what this is worth:

карибского.рф (Jumpers.com in full Russian Extension)
Google: 1.5 million searches

Just Curious.

Thanks.

bumblebee man
20th November 2010, 12:45 PM
You need to question your sources for translation and search stats. Both are shit obviously.

I guess what you got is a non-standalone (?) term for Caribbean.

thefabfive
20th November 2010, 01:31 PM
Seeing as the .com is available I would guess reg fee.

I agree it appears to be part of the term Caribbean Sea and not a stand alone term.
Posted via Mobile Device

horatiob
20th November 2010, 01:38 PM
I made a mistake made with translation. It should be: перемычек.рф (Jumpers in full Russian Extension) this has now been corrected.

перемычек.рф (Jumpers in full Russian Extension)
(My source states it is Jumpers - not my translation.)
Google Searches: 1,830,000 per month.

One would like to state that it is most mentally edifying to communicate with amiable receivers.

Once again sorry for error.

Please apraise this name.

Thank you.

****MODERATOR NOTE....I edited your thread title to reflect перемычек.рф ****

horatiob
20th November 2010, 01:42 PM
Seeing as the .com is available I would guess reg fee.

I agree it appears to be part of the term Caribbean Sea and not a stand alone term.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for reply and details.

thefabfive
20th November 2010, 02:10 PM
You may have "jumper". The plural would be перемычки. Again both available in .com, so I would guess not much value. Yandex shows about 30000 searches but most likely for compound terms.
Posted via Mobile Device

horatiob
20th November 2010, 02:18 PM
You may have "jumper". The plural would be перемычки. Again both available in .com, so I would guess not much value. Yandex shows about 30000 searches but most likely for compound terms.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the confirmation and information.

Sincerely appreciated.

Have a good day!!!

yanni
20th November 2010, 02:45 PM
I really doubt that you will find any decent single words in .рф at this point, considering that 500k have been regged by now, while only 30k in .com

What you should may be doing is, finding terms regged in .рф that are still available in .com
But I would be very careful with this, as well.

horatiob
20th November 2010, 05:06 PM
I really doubt that you will find any decent single words in .рф at this point, considering that 500k have been regged by now, while only 30k in .com

What you should may be doing is, finding terms regged in .рф that are still available in .com
But I would be very careful with this, as well.

Thanks for remark and suggestion.

Can I ask you a question, are registrations open to Russian Citizens only?

What would you consider decent single words in your opinion please?

Thanks indeed!

yanni
20th November 2010, 07:28 PM
Can I ask you a question, are registrations open to Russian Citizens only?

Yes, for the first year I believe, but as you already know, you can reg one using a trustee service. I assume that rule went into place to prevent foreigners snapping up the best domains, leaving the locals in the cold.
It will most likely be lifted in a year's time to allow for some foreign cash in-flow.

What would you consider decent single words in your opinion please?

Any dictionary word that has an instantly recognizable commercial value [product, service, etc], but not belonging to the top sought-after terms. As I mentioned earlier,most of these have been taken in .com, so I doubt you'll find any in .рф, it having almost 20 times more registrations than .com

What you may find available still is terms like иглу . com [=igloo] which, besides being a trademark and an acronym for Irkutsk University - hence the high searches in Yandex - is at best a nice brand-able and nothing more.

Added.

Here are some nice ones you can buy (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/27659-one-day-russian-sale-%2475-each.html#post171195) in com for a little more than the price of an рф

blastfromthepast
20th November 2010, 08:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

перемычки is a technical term for electronic jumpers of very low stats and commercial value.

перемычек is not a stand alone term.

Neither is worth registering.

horatiob
20th November 2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, for the first year I believe, but as you already know, you can reg one using a trustee service. I assume that rule went into place to prevent foreigners snapping up the best domains, leaving the locals in the cold.
It will most likely be lifted in a year's time to allow for some foreign cash in-flow.

Any dictionary word that has an instantly recognizable commercial value [product, service, etc], but not belonging to the top sought-after terms. As I mentioned earlier,most of these have been taken in .com, so I doubt you'll find any in .рф, it having almost 20 times more registrations than .com

What you may find available still is terms like иглу . com [=igloo] which, besides being a trademark and an acronym for Irkutsk University - hence the high searches in Yandex - is at best a nice brand-able and nothing more.

Added.

Here are some nice ones you can buy (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/27659-one-day-russian-sale-%2475-each.html#post171195) in com for a little more than the price of an рф

[Domainer]

Sincere thanks for the comments.
The trustee service, does it interest you to use it at the point in time when it becomes available or not?

Do you see commercial value in the letter "e" proceeding dictionay words. e.g. egames.com, ehotel.com, eInternet (in Russian)?

Thanks for you thoughts, there out of the Net!

horatiob
20th November 2010, 09:19 PM
перемычки is a technical term for electronic jumpers of very low stats and commercial value.

перемычек is not a stand alone term.

Neither is worth registering.

Thanks for your repsonse and assessment.

If you dont mind, could you expand your views on - jumper - do you think the full Russian extension domain is desirable and valuable, what word fits that in Russian.

Thanks.

horatiob
20th November 2010, 11:57 PM
Added.

Here are some nice ones you can buy (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/27659-one-day-russian-sale-%2475-each.html#post171195) in com for a little more than the price of an рф[/QUOTE]

Sincere thanks for your suggestion.

Sorry I didn't see "Russin Names for Sale" in your original message.

The most sincere thanks again for your interaction!

horatiob
20th November 2010, 11:59 PM

Added.

bwhhisc
21st November 2010, 01:50 PM

Click on the "blue" word buy in his sentence. ;)

horatiob
21st November 2010, 02:06 PM
Click on the "blue" word buy in his sentence. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to point this out! I must have missed it out when I read the message.

Thanks.

bwhhisc
21st November 2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks for taking the time to point this out! I must have missed it out when I read the message. Thanks.

DomainNameBroker has a list of Russian IDNs for sale here too.
She has sold a good many over the last year if you check her early threads you can see what sold.

horatiob
21st November 2010, 11:38 PM
DomainNameBroker has a list of Russian IDNs for sale here too.
She has sold a good many over the last year if you check her early threads you can see what sold.

Thanks for the expenditure in energy to provide the domain contact!
I'll keep it as a contact for Russian IDNs, with recommendations from yourself.

Thanks.