PDA

View Full Version : Hacked

jacksonm
26th November 2010, 06:01 PM
I'm still not sure how it happened, but my namedrive account was hacked and the attacker changed the contact email address, i.e. login email address, as well as the password and paypal account email address. I couldn't even log in.

Situation is resolved now and under control with assistance from Namedrive support staff. Big thanks.

The paypal account address in my account was changed to 'cash@mail.ru'. Luckily, no payments went out since the accounting process doesn't start for another 4-5 days.

Check your accounts... I don't mean to sound arrogant, but if it can happen to me then it can happen to any of you.

basel
26th November 2010, 06:11 PM
thanks for notes jack...

jose
26th November 2010, 06:32 PM
There is a list of Namedrive's login/pwds on the wild. That's why they had to change every user pwd without user intervention some time ago. Did they change yours also? I remember they changed it to something like oldpwd_randomnumbers.

Or did you login using an open wifi? Or is this something new?

Drewbert
26th November 2010, 07:29 PM
Mine seems OK.

Thanks for the heads-up!

jacksonm
27th November 2010, 09:04 AM
1. This happened to me about 1.5 weeks ago (account all of the sudden just stopped allowing me to login), just got resolved yesterday.

2. It does not matter if you use open wi-fi - namedrive site only permits SSL access.

3. There is a huge, supposedly legitimate organization behind mail.ru - they had something over 30m eur in investment during this year. I suppose this is the most interesting part to me: a long existing email address on a high value domain - cash@mail.ru

Who is behind cash@mail.ru that they need to try to steal namedrive revenues from domainers? Can anybody say who is behind this email address?

Teo
27th November 2010, 09:10 AM
Jack,

Do you use windows?

Do you have antivirus program?

Did you open the last 2 weeks e-mails for facebook?

I think you have a key-logger on your computer.

jacksonm
27th November 2010, 09:20 AM
No windows here, never has been. I am positive that there is no keylogger on my computer.

Teo
27th November 2010, 09:22 AM
Just check it out my and seems fine.

The problem can be on namedrive side then.