PDA

View Full Version : .DE Passes 14 Million Registrations

todaynow
30th November 2010, 06:49 AM
.DE Passes 14 Million Registrations

:)

The German country code Top Level Domain passed the 14 million registrations mark Monday cementing its position as the world’s largest.

According to the most recent figures on the DENIC website there are 14,008,167 registered domain names with the registry cementing its position as the number one registry following the dramatic decline in .CN (China) registrations.

Registrations for .CN peaked at 14,082,553 in February 2009 according to their end-of-month figures and total 6,047,926 as of the most recent figures made available by the registry CNNIC.

The rapid decline is believed to have occurred due to changes in registration policies requiring more onerous identity requirements and the ending of heavily discounted domain names where domain names were sold for a few cents.

According to the most recent figures, the world’s largest ccTLDs, with current registrations unless stated, are:

* .DE (Germany) - 14,008,167
* .UK (United Kingdom) - 8,879,192
* .CN (China) - 6,047,926 (as of 30/9/10)
* .NL (Netherlands) - 4,167,098
* .EU (European Union) - 3,329,471
* .RU (Russia) - 3,093,737.

Source from Domain Pulse

www.todayisp.com

Todaynic.com International Limited

ICANN CNNIC HKDNR Accredited Registrar

alexd
30th November 2010, 08:00 AM
Weren't you banned or kicked out of here once before for pointless posts and spam ??

todaynow
30th November 2010, 08:04 AM
Weren't you banned or kicked out of here once before for pointless posts and spam ??

did I? but i just posted some news that i though was valuble ~:yes:

hope you enjoy~!

Rubber Duck
30th November 2010, 08:08 AM
Mostly American Domainers registering English keywords to flip from what I have seen.

.DE Passes 14 Million Registrations

:)

The German country code Top Level Domain passed the 14 million registrations mark Monday cementing its position as the world’s largest.

According to the most recent figures on the DENIC website there are 14,008,167 registered domain names with the registry cementing its position as the number one registry following the dramatic decline in .CN (China) registrations.

Registrations for .CN peaked at 14,082,553 in February 2009 according to their end-of-month figures and total 6,047,926 as of the most recent figures made available by the registry CNNIC.

The rapid decline is believed to have occurred due to changes in registration policies requiring more onerous identity requirements and the ending of heavily discounted domain names where domain names were sold for a few cents.

According to the most recent figures, the world’s largest ccTLDs, with current registrations unless stated, are:

* .DE (Germany) - 14,008,167
* .UK (United Kingdom) - 8,879,192
* .CN (China) - 6,047,926 (as of 30/9/10)
* .NL (Netherlands) - 4,167,098
* .EU (European Union) - 3,329,471
* .RU (Russia) - 3,093,737.

Source from Domain Pulse

www.todayisp.com

Todaynic.com International Limited

ICANN CNNIC HKDNR Accredited Registrar

bumblebee man
30th November 2010, 08:41 AM
Mostly American Domainers registering English keywords to flip from what I have seen.

Yes, there's an awful lot of dumbfucks at namepros or dnforum going for names like myfreecreditreport.de. But this doesn't explain 14 million registrations.

There's a very active domaining community in Germany and in fact every meaningful German word or phrase is taken in .de. I don't tend to look for names like deine-Mutter-schwitzt-beim-Kacken.de so I've never seen a .de available. When you do it's almost certainly crap.

When DENIC released the "ß" letter around 180k words were registered. I couldn't even think of a hundred good words containing that letter.

blastfromthepast
30th November 2010, 08:03 PM

Got a 'friend' request too, but not really sure who this is.

todaynow
1st December 2010, 02:15 AM
Got a 'friend' request too, but not really sure who this is.

i'm just a newbie who want to learn more about this industry...i'm not evil~:)

cause i don't know much about some details about IDN~so i want to share with you here~thanks~:yes: