PDA

View Full Version : 台北.com TAIPEI - Need a Smart Experienced Asian IDN Broker

javago
11th May 2006, 09:01 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller to sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a 20% commission.
PUNYCODE: xn--djrpt.com

I might need someone who is an Asian IDN expert or someone who has the right Asian contacts or channels.

IDNforums, DNforums are great, but I need some who can read the the asian market
skillfully and reach the native language audience and message boards.

I don't have the time required to do this.

This is a win / win situation for some seller, If you have the time.

Send me a PM or email me at IDN@todaygo.com

IDNCowboy
11th May 2006, 09:02 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller who can sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a commission percentage.
PUNYCODE: xn--djrpt.com

I might need someone who is an Asian IDN expert or someone who has the right Asian contacts or channels.

IDNforums, DNforums are great, but I need some who can read the the asian market
skillfully and reach the native language audience and message boards.

I don't have the time required to do this.

This is a win / win situation

Send me a PM or email me at IDN@todaygo.com
How much are you selling it for and whats the commission

touchring
11th May 2006, 09:09 PM
You will not get a better price if you sell on native forums.

DNF and IDNF is almost the entire "IDN market" in terms of sales volume, at the moment.

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 09:13 PM
You will not get a better price if you sell on native forums.

DNF and IDNF is almost the entire "IDN market" in terms of sales volume, at the moment.

No, but a smart broker might get you an end user. Somehow, though, I suspect those that ask how much the commission is on an open forum, won't meet the criteria.

IDNCowboy
11th May 2006, 09:27 PM
No, but a smart broker might get you an end user. Somehow, though, I suspect those that ask how much the commission is on an open forum, won't meet the criteria.
I haven't paid attention to his past threads and I didn't know the price he was asking. What's wrong with asking for the commission? Mr. Penis envy? Are you Jose's secret partner in crime?

nice try but I brokered and sold two website networks for $120,000-$150,000 each

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 10:00 PM
I haven't paid attention to his past threads and I didn't know the price he was asking. What's wrong with asking for the commission? Mr. Penis envy? Are you Jose's secret partner in crime?

nice try but I brokered and sold two website networks for $120,000-$150,000 each

Well, if I was in the broker game I would have tried to negociate a deal in private. Many large players are going to be unwilling to discuss these matters in public and most brokers would be sensitive to that possibility.

If you are going to try and cut it as a broker within the community you have certainly a talent for raising your profile. I personally would be looking for someone that exudes discretion, rather than one that takes every opportunity to lamblast major players in public. Perhaps, I am just a little old fashioned. Maybe its a reflection of my age, but then again it could be experience.

javago
11th May 2006, 10:07 PM
20% - I think that's pretty fair.

I'm thinking one of you has some good contacts

networker
11th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Well, if I was in the broker game I would have tried to negociate a deal in private. Many large players are going to be unwilling to discuss these matters in public and most brokers would be sensitive to that possibility.

If you are going to try and cut it as a broker within the community you have certainly a talent for raising your profile. I personally would be looking for someone that exudes discretion, rather than one that takes every opportunity to lamblast major players in public. Perhaps, I am just a little old fashioned. Maybe its a reflection of my age, but then again it could be experience.

You have your points - but Jeff has proven to be a successful broker and is respected as such.

Also - referring to yourself as a "major player" when the IDN market has yet to even take-off to the point of acknowledging who exactly are the "major players" is extremely cocky to say the least. I hope it doesn't come back and make you look like a jackass later down the road.

F.Y.I. the word you're looking for is lambaste, lamblast isn't a word.

bramiozo
11th May 2006, 10:14 PM
That's fair indeed :) .

p.s. jeff,dave,adam, women poke eachothers' eyes out for trivial envious bullshit, men hit eachother in the face with a titanium driver and drink beer 5 minutes later...you guys sure you aint gals ... or are you looking for the suitable golf club ?

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 10:23 PM
F.Y.I. the word you're looking for is lambaste, lambast isn't a word.

You need to get yourself an Oxford Dictionary rather than one of those Mickey Mouse US jobs!

networker
11th May 2006, 10:25 PM
You need to get yourself an Oxford Dictionary rather than one of those Mickey Mouse US jobs!

http://www.askoxford.com/results/?view=dict&field-12668446=lamblast&branch=13842570&textsearchtype=exact&sortorder=score%2Cname

bwhhisc
11th May 2006, 10:25 PM
Also - referring to yourself as a "major player" when the IDN market has yet to even take-off to the point of acknowledging who exactly are the "major players" is extremely cocky to say the least.

Networker, I think it is an agreed fact among IDNF members and DNF members that Rubber Duck is no doubt a "Major Player" just based on portfolio alone, much less years of experience, knowledge and willingness to share and teach. Do you have any ideas of the scope of his portfolio?

networker
11th May 2006, 10:27 PM
Networker, I think it is an agreed fact among IDNF members and DNF members that Rubber Duck is no doubt a "Major Player" just based on portfolio alone, much less years of experience and knowledge and willingness to share and teach. Do you have any ideas of the scope of his portfolio?

Indeed I do, but a "major player" in a minor market (IDNs at this time) is still a minor player overall.

I'm all for IDNs, otherwise I wouldn't be investing in this segment of the industry, but we've yet to see if our "hunch" really will materialize to it's expected potential.

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 10:28 PM
http://www.askoxford.com/results/?view=dict&field-12668446=lamblast&branch=13842570&textsearchtype=exact&sortorder=score%2Cname

Well, just goes to show about Online dictionaries. The printed version of the Concise Oxford gives it as alternative form.

networker
11th May 2006, 10:32 PM
Well, just goes to show about Online dictionaries. The printed version of the Concise Oxford gives it as alternative form.

Might want to check the publishing year.

Also - I don't mean any disrespect to you - because it is obvious that you have a vast knowledge of the industry, but I believe at this moment, large parts of the industry are still speculative.

bwhhisc
11th May 2006, 10:37 PM
but we've yet to see if our "hunch" really will materialize to it's expected potential.

I don't think anything is going to stop this train once it gets rolling. I have lived in foreign countries where I couldn't read a thing....billboards, ads, etc. Imagine if you had to use a Russian dictionary to get to an English website.

Currently 85% of the world doesn't speak English. Those fortunate enough to have compute access require a translator, or access to translated lists to put their "english" url in the computer to get to "their" language website. I think they are gonna like this idn stuff! Imagine they can even 'truly' surf the internet for perhaps the first time.

sarcle
11th May 2006, 10:39 PM
p.s. jeff,dave,adam,

Why did I get called out?

IDNCowboy
11th May 2006, 10:40 PM
dave anyone can be a big player in the idn market by buying alot of domain names...

It doesn't take a genius to broker a sale. Once IDN's take off there will be many of these sales.

For now you just look like someone in a mickey mouse costume.

bwhhisc
11th May 2006, 10:40 PM
I believe at this moment, large parts of the industry are still speculative.

Please feel free to expand on this. It will provide a good discussion and all sides and opinions are welcome here at IDNF.

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 10:43 PM
Indeed I do, but a "major player" in a minor market (IDNs at this time) is still a minor player overall.

I'm all for IDNs, otherwise I wouldn't be investing in this segment of the industry, but we've yet to see if our "hunch" really will materialize to it's expected potential.

Well, it depends how you view things. If you are convinced that Asia will be dominated by IDN and if you recognise that Asia represents more than half of humanity, and if you then realise that there are numerous major languages in which primary terms can be expressed, then it is clear that it is not really a minor market at all.

When you look at the penetration certain individuals have in this market compared with the penetration levels of even the best ASCII domainers, you should soon realise that there is the potential for some IDN speculators to take their place along side the acknowledged star performers of the ASCII era. I would expect some future portfolio sell-offs to hit 9 figures in current day US dollar terms, but even if I am well out, it will still be very significant.

bwhhisc
11th May 2006, 10:44 PM
dave anyone can be a big player in the idn market by buying alot of domain names...It doesn't take a genius to broker a sale. Once IDN's take off there will be many of these sales. For now you just look like someone in a mickey mouse costume.

Jeff, you are out of line! I think thats the third insult you have hurled Ducks way today without provocation.

Giant
11th May 2006, 10:46 PM

Dave is a MAJOR player in a HUGE IDN market.

"at this time" does not mean a lot to major players, they plan things ahead of time.

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 10:47 PM
I don't think anything is going to stop this train once it gets rolling. I have lived in foreign countries where I couldn't read a thing....billboards, ads, etc. Imagine if you had to use a Russian dictionary to get to an English website.

Currently 85% of the world doesn't speak English. Those fortunate enough to have compute access require a translator, or access to translated lists to put their "english" url in the computer to get to "their" language website. I think they are gonna like this idn stuff! Imagine they can even 'truly' surf the internet for perhaps the first time.

Yes, I am just back from Czech Republic. If you order a Coffee on the Square in the Old Town in Prague, sure the waiter will have a smattering of English. I have been utterly unable to communicate without a translator for the last week. Scratch a little deeper and you will see the truth.

Drewbert
11th May 2006, 10:52 PM
>I would expect some future portfolio sell-offs to hit 9 figures in current day US dollar terms

Yep. TDC for starters.

And all you other sods I keep bumping into when I whois the good stuff! :)

Who would have thought the RD would be a major player in Chinese marriage introduction services. :)

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 10:52 PM
Might want to check the publishing year.

Also - I don't mean any disrespect to you - because it is obvious that you have a vast knowledge of the industry, but I believe at this moment, large parts of the industry are still speculative.

It depends what you mean by speculative. Yes, when I bought they were. I would not have invested if they were not. I have already cleared my financial investment, as have others. 99% of my portfolio would show a profit if sold.

Have they reached their potential? No! Is that a problem? Well yes, I would like the lifestyle already, but I shall have to be patient!

>I would expect some future portfolio sell-offs to hit 9 figures in current day US dollar terms

Yep. TDC for starters.

And all you other sods I keep bumping into when I whois the good stuff! :)

Who would have thought the RD would be a major player in Chinese marriage introduction services. :)

So your a convert of the Localisation Combo theories as well!

dave anyone can be a big player in the idn market by buying alot of domain names...

It doesn't take a genius to broker a sale. Once IDN's take off there will be many of these sales.

For now you just look like someone in a mickey mouse costume.

Yes, you are precisely correct, but buying what a lot other people want to buy and doing it first it is entirely another matter.

There already have been many sales, many of which you and indeed the rest of us will be unaware of.

Actually, for your better orientation, a Rubber Duck is a yellow plastic toy that enriches that bathtime experience of the very juvenile.

bwhhisc
11th May 2006, 11:39 PM
And now- Now back to tonight's version of "Javago's Taipei":

(QUOTE) I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller to sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a 20% commission. (ENDQUOTE)

blastfromthepast
11th May 2006, 11:40 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller to sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a 20% commission.

Why don't you just sell it at a lower price instead of getting a broker involved?

Rubber Duck
11th May 2006, 11:49 PM
Why don't you just sell it at a lower price instead of getting a broker involved?

Well, I think what the Gentleman is looking for is someone with an intimate knowledge of the local business scene with the right contacts to make a sale to a buyer that is in greatest need of such a domain. That buyer my currently have little or no knowledge of IDN, and education in these domains may well be part of the deal. Simply cutting the price by 20% may not actually achieve the same result. The broker would also be largely responsible for pitching and negociating the price. The seller may not have a good feel for the value of the domain. I think employing a broker a this juncture in time may well be a sound move, if selling is the elected strategy.

bramiozo
12th May 2006, 01:09 AM
Why did I get called out?

Because of the irritation between you guys, it seemed flawed not to mention you, or is it A OK now ? I hope so, in any case..we're a bit off-topic ;) .

kartik786
30th June 2008, 08:12 PM
haha, so I want to read about if the OP finally got a broker and i read two pages of ego's ... ofcourse you guys are rich.. but ever tried consulting a psychologist [ just kidding.. dont drag me into this :| ]

bwhhisc
30th June 2008, 10:29 PM
haha, so I want to read about if the OP finally got a broker and i read two pages of ego's ... ofcourse you guys are rich.. but ever tried consulting a psychologist [ just kidding.. dont drag me into this :| ]

This thread is 2 years old.....lol