PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew Domains - Confirmations

htmlindex
5th December 2010, 01:33 AM
I've had these Hebrew names for a while & would appreciate confirmations, especially from native speakers if they are correct. Also if these are the Prime Terms for each. Thanks!

השף xn--8db4ar.com Chef
המכללה xn--8dbaueaj.com College
בונים xn--5dbimqn.com Building
סקירות xn--9dbhxygn.com Reviews
למחשב xn--5dbloi0d.com PC
בעברית xn--5dbay8a5an.com Hebrew
ארט xn--4dbq1c.com Art
יופי xn--9dbhb7b.net Beauty

Comments greatly appreciated :)

sprewellpj
5th December 2010, 02:06 AM
I'll let natives who are living in Israel comment on the rest but for starters, בעברית means "In Hebrew", while עברית means "Hebrew"

Hope this helps

5th December 2010, 10:10 AM
השף The Chef
המכללה The College
בונים Building as in i.e הם בונים means They are building
סקירות Reviews
למחשב For/To The computer (The one letter ל makes the difference)
בעברית In Hebrew
Art (Transileration, art in Hebrew = ארט (אומנות/אמנות
Beauty יופי

htmlindex
6th December 2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the comments :)

So in Hebrew is "The" in front of the word just like Arabic in terms of it being of value or does it drop it's value?

6th December 2010, 11:04 AM
So in Hebrew is "The" in front of the word just like Arabic in terms of it being of value or does it drop it's value?
I would have to say it is definitely not an advantage to have either the letter ה , The letter ו , The letter ב or the letter ל before the word.

ביטוח = Insurance
לביטוח = To the insurance
הביטוח = The insurance
וביטוח = And insurance
בביטוח = In the insurance

Rubber Duck
6th December 2010, 11:40 AM
What I love about Hebrew is that those that speak it also get involved in business in many other major languages.

If marketing with IDN takes off in Hebrew, its spread to many other languages is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

6th December 2010, 12:25 PM
If marketing with IDN takes off in Hebrew, its spread to many other languages is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

For now we saw 2 big ones and a few smaller ones, The big ones to those who missed it:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/26323-huge-campaign-in-israel-using-hebrew-domain.html
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/27794-another-big-campaign-in-israel.html

The below may be an indication of what's to come?

Around 3 years ago, An Israeli bank (המזרחי) did a campaign and they used (it was a pretty much 1st in Israel to do that 'concept') They used 1-800-משכנתא
(1-800-Mortgage) , Anyways, after a couple months they did 1-800-מנהלים if i remember correctly (1-800-Managers) And from that point on, you could see more and more doing the same thing and more accurately this is what is seen most: i.e *אלדן (Widespread for sometime now: http://www.starbrand.co.il/Clients-ads.asp) So i think the reason is clear, but does it remind you of something? Just that this 'something' you are thinking of, is truly offering so much more and that is true for any language obviously.