PDA

View Full Version : parkingminisite going bust ?

bramiozo
17th December 2010, 03:50 PM
parkingminisite.net expired, the nameservers are no longer working and there is no response whatsoever, the guy came, cashed and is now lying on a beach somewhere.

Alternatives:
noomle
whypark
parking revolution seems to be dead
evolanding seems to be dead as well..as in, it´s a free sitebuilder under the name devhub, like yola and weebly.
(zlio is an option for French and German)

What's the latest on these services ?

domainguru
17th December 2010, 04:26 PM
Doesn't surprise me. The service was always junk and the idea behind it (automated building of minisites) equally so.

Expect more parking services to get into trouble finding a "new way forward". Building out websites is not a job for robots.

bramiozo
17th December 2010, 04:43 PM
Was fun while it lasted, had names indexed (high), provided some income over a few months.

I see whypark.com only provides english content,
http://forum.parked.com/showthread.php?1018-%BF-there-are-not-articles-in-spanish&highlight=english

That leaves noomle but that's not very dandy in terms of looks...

Does anyone have experience with devhub ?

phio
17th December 2010, 11:47 PM
too bad

squirrel
18th December 2010, 04:16 AM
Does anyone have experience with devhub ?

I find Devhub better than noomle, if only because you have much more control over the look and feel of your ministe + the design are more modern, curvy, nice colors, nice fonts, etc.

Only prob. is that Devhub doesn't support IDNs. If you try punycode in their system it will crash your whole dashboard, can't view your earnings, can't manage your ascii sites, nothing.. I tried using a devhub subdomain and then using a wildcard CNAME to map an IDN over it but it didn't work (that works on other platform, like ZLIO) hopeless

bramiozo
18th December 2010, 01:57 PM
changed the title, the nameservers seem to work again..I am still trying to get into contact with the owner of parkingminisite.com, the concept is close to long term solution if he makes somes changes.

With ZLIO that's the only option in general ? Because I only see an option to create a subdomain. Never heard of that site before, thanks :) .

Devhub provides only english-based revenue widgets, I see you have to buy a special
'widget' which allows you to place your own code, this costs $24,95, this is a one time fee I assume?

bwhhisc
18th December 2010, 02:12 PM
changed the title, the nameservers seem to work again..I am still trying to get into contact with the owner of parkingminisite.com, the concept is close to long term solution if he makes somes changes.

I tried to contact him too...no reponse yet.

Appears the homepage has been revamped on his .com site... with "new" Parking Minisite Premium.
(There is a click to English tab at bottom right)

http://parkingminisite.com/

bramiozo
18th December 2010, 02:49 PM
The english tab links to the .net which has an empty pms-parking page, this guy is either dead or on a very long vacation.

p.s.

I would go for massage nr.1 ;)