View Full Version : Anyone Try Wixi.jp Parking

Steve Clarke
20th January 2011, 02:43 AM
Has Anyone Try Wixi.jp Parking?

If so, what are your thoughts...

TIA...Steve.

Ryu
21st January 2011, 01:15 AM
Not that I wished, but my ND account was sold to Wixi, so yeah, I've been using wixi parking. It's exactly same as ND except its UI is in Japanese and that you only get paid in JPY. It's very annoying because I use the fund to pay for renewal in USD, just wasting fees for currency conversion.

squirrel
21st January 2011, 02:01 AM
Can't you sign back to ND ?

Ryu
21st January 2011, 02:13 AM
The funny thing is, my ND account is not exactly gone. I can still sign in at ND and change templates, etc. That would be reflected on my Wixi account, too. Because I still have ND account, well sort of, I don't think I can sign back to ND.

It might be possible to open a new ND account and move names there. But I don't wanna waste time only to have my new account transferred to Wixi again.

sarcle
21st January 2011, 05:12 AM
I remember when I had my first beer.

Drewbert
21st January 2011, 06:48 PM
Has Wixi made any improvements to the actual pages, or do they appear the same as they did via ND?

Are they hosted within Japan?

I thought the obvious thing for them to do (since we have so many Japanese IDN's owned by non-speakers) was to allow us to maintain domains parked at Wixi, via ND's English interface.

In the good old days ND used to pick up my ideas and run with them. These days, not so much.

alpha
21st January 2011, 07:45 PM
Has Wixi made any improvements to the actual pages, or do they appear the same as they did via ND?

don't think so

Are they hosted within Japan?

dunno

I thought the obvious thing for them to do (since we have so many Japanese IDN's owned by non-speakers) was to allow us to maintain domains parked at Wixi, via ND's English interface.

In the good old days ND used to pick up my ideas and run with them. These days, not so much.

I think the main point for them was to provide a Japanese UI for Japanese domainers - and that's certainly what it is - 100% Japanese across the board

blastfromthepast
21st January 2011, 08:04 PM
They need more Japanese looking parking pages.

alpha
21st January 2011, 08:07 PM
They need more Japanese looking parking pages.

aka more pink and yellow and more random out of context anime characters?

blastfromthepast
21st January 2011, 08:22 PM
aka more pink and yellow and more random out of context anime characters?

Whatever works.

Drewbert
21st January 2011, 08:49 PM
Yes.

I thought that was what the partnership with Wixi would provide us - decent japanese themed templates via the ND interface.

Silly me.