PDA

View Full Version : Bodis Domain Parking

mattbodis
7th February 2011, 04:52 AM
I invite everyone to try out Bodis.com domain parking. We've just relaunched our service with some great features.

Best and highest paying ad provider in the industry
Full IDN support
Hourly reporting
XML and Javascript API
Bodis.com interface in over 15 languages
Regional Support
Excellent ad coverage in every country, incl. Eastern Europe and Asia.
and much more

Please check us out at www.Bodis.com (http://www.bodis.com) for more information about out parking service.

We monetize over 150k domains actively and growing. Our strengths are traffic names and international traffic (incl. IDNs), but we are good in almost every category so I recommend everyone gives us a try.

Looking forward to seeing you all on our service and will answer any questions that any of you have.

:)

Drewbert
7th February 2011, 08:33 AM
Payout options?

domainguru
7th February 2011, 08:59 AM
1) Example IDN sites?
2) How do you monetize?

Any Thai names in the system at the moment?

thx

domainguru
7th February 2011, 09:01 AM
Just to let you know, I can't sign up because it wants to send an SMS to a cellphone, and I'm in the UK for a month without a cellphone.

Why do this crap and lose customers???

Ryu
7th February 2011, 09:09 AM
Welcome to our forum, Matt.

Can you display domain names in Unicode on your user interface? It's very difficult to tell what's what when everything is displayed in punycode.

Steve Clarke
7th February 2011, 11:07 AM
I moved mine over to Bodis, from Namedrive some time ago, with much better results.

bwhhisc
7th February 2011, 11:10 AM
Do you have any templates with graphics that fit different languages, ie. Arabic, Chinese, Russian etc.

domainguru
7th February 2011, 03:09 PM
I moved mine over to Bodis, from Namedrive some time ago, with much better results.

For which languages does it perform better Steve?

blastfromthepast
7th February 2011, 07:16 PM
Just to let you know, I can't sign up because it wants to send an SMS to a cellphone, and I'm in the UK for a month without a cellphone.

Big brother wants to know your phone number.

Steve Clarke
7th February 2011, 08:12 PM
It does better for pretty well all my languages.
You were able to input up to 30 keywords at one time, but recently that has changed.
It looks like they are working on several more upgrades, though, so hopefully additional keywords, and ethnic specific templates will be added.
Anyway, it works better for me, than both Namesdrive, and Sedo.

mattbodis
8th February 2011, 06:38 AM
Payout options?

Payout options and minimums are as follows:

PayPal - no minimums
Check - $20
Direct Deposit (US only) - $20
Wire Transfer - $1000

1) Example IDN sites?
2) How do you monetize?

Any Thai names in the system at the moment?

Example Russian IDN: http://bodisparking.com/xn--90aifd0az.com

You can refresh this page to see multiple variants of this template as well.

We monetize using the best tier 1 PPC ad provider in the space. Unfortunately I cannot announce their name do to our confidential agreement with them.

We have a lot of domain names from Asia, such as Vietnam, China, etc. All I do know is that Asia domains perform extremely well compared to other parking services. For instance, we have the bulk of Vietnamese names on our system - probably more than any other parking service. I am sure Thai names would perform well.

I have went ahead and set you to verified.

We do this because we have a lot of scammers that sign up. Adding an SMS drastically slows them down from creating thousands of fraud accounts.

We're looking into a way to remove the SMS system.

If anyone else has issues with SMS, please contact me.

Welcome to our forum, Matt.

Can you display domain names in Unicode on your user interface? It's very difficult to tell what's what when everything is displayed in punycode.

I have passed to my developer. Should be available in 1-2 days.

Do you have any templates with graphics that fit different languages, ie. Arabic, Chinese, Russian etc.

I am unsure I understand this question. We have multiple templates. We are just about to add 100 new category specific templates actually. We also make use of keywords in other languages.

Ryu
8th February 2011, 12:03 PM
I have passed to my developer. Should be available in 1-2 days.

Thanks Matt. BTW, I have one question. Are you using the number of "space" to define how many RSS keywords to pull?

When I park Japanese domains on Bodis, I often see a whole paragraph or sometimes even a sentence being used as RSS keywords, and that looks obviously very strange. I was wondering this, because in Japanese and some other languages like Chinese, we don't use space as word separator.

squirrel
8th February 2011, 02:58 PM
I am unsure I understand this question. We have multiple templates. We are just about to add 100 new category specific templates actually. We also make use of keywords in other languages.

Color schemes and graphics to suit each country/region.
Sedo for instance has typical euro color schemes and its image bank is mostly european stuff/people. I'm sure we all like blonde Swedes but I think an arab chick would convert better for dating.com-in-arabic.

I think that's what Bill meant.

squirrel
8th February 2011, 03:11 PM
RTL vs LTR that's another thing.

Man
8th February 2011, 07:55 PM
Does it work well for Arabic domains?

mattbodis
8th February 2011, 10:45 PM
Ryu, can you give an example of the spaces? What exactly is an "RSS Keyword"? Do you mean keywords on landing pages?

We have domainers that park Arabic domains with all Arabic text. I am unsure on comparison for Arabic names, but I do know that these domainers are still parking with us so it must mean something.

Please feel free to give it a try and give any feedback.

Ryu
9th February 2011, 12:30 AM
Ryu, can you give an example of the spaces? What exactly is an "RSS Keyword"? Do you mean keywords on landing pages?

Yes, I'm talking about keywords on landing pages. See for example the following page: セレブゴシップ.com

Some of the keywords displayed are in fact phrases and sentences. I've even seen Bodis landing pages full of adult phrases and sentences set as keywords even though domains themselves aren't exactly adult in nature. Phrase/sentence-full of pages may work to get traffic from search engines as Bodis pages get indexed by Google, but I don't think Google would find it very pleasing if/when they find that out.

I don't really know if this is happening because of Bodis using spaces as word separator, nor do I know if it happens only with languages like Japanese and Chinese.