News.com in Hindi.

alpha
14th May 2006, 08:27 AM
http://खबरें.com/ is up. :)

nice. How long did that take you?

blastfromthepast
14th May 2006, 08:43 AM
nice. How long did that take you?

About 30 min. This is just the start of it.

Its News.com in Hindi afterall. Can't have it sitting doing nothing.

If you know of any Hindi newspapers that provide RSS, or have your own RSS feed, let me know.

Right now its slow because it grabs headlines in real time, but I'm going to make it cache the content first and maybe even generate static html for page 1, to speed things up.

Rubber Duck
14th May 2006, 09:14 AM
About 30 min. This is just the start of it.

Its News.com in Hindi afterall. Can't have it sitting doing nothing.

If you know of any Hindi newspapers that provide RSS, or have your own RSS feed, let me know.

Right now its slow because it grabs headlines in real time, but I'm going to make it cache the content first and maybe even generate static html for page 1, to speed things up.

Are the movie trailers running an affiliate program?

blastfromthepast
14th May 2006, 09:15 AM
Are the movie trailers running an affiliate program?

No.

Rubber Duck
14th May 2006, 09:20 AM
No.

Probably too much to hope for at this stage, but it will come!

IDN.TV
14th May 2006, 09:32 AM
"खबरें" (kabar) means report like reporting information and समाचार(samachar) means news

Rubber Duck
14th May 2006, 09:39 AM
"खबरें" (kabar) means report like reporting information and समाचार(samachar) means news

Yes, that is the one I have (only got the dot net!). However, literal translations are not always the most telling. It is all down to what people will actually choose to type in. Until the traffic materialises, or doesn't it is going to be hard to say in many cases which are the most solid investments.

Dave

blastfromthepast
14th May 2006, 09:39 AM

I'll let the Hindi grammarians argue about it. This is the 'News' MSN uses.

IDN.TV
14th May 2006, 09:45 AM
खबरें the english version kabar has 800 overtures

समाचार the english version samachar has 14000 overtures

समाचार is the most common usage of news but खबरें is like in Tv channels people keep saying we have just got kabar that there was a bomb blast in delhi

Both are good terms and good luck with it !!

drbiohealth
14th May 2006, 09:55 AM
Khabar/khabren has urdu origin and is very commonly used, bbc radio uses it like many others. Samachar is also used frequently. Actually, both are popular synonyms.

Its a case something like, newspaper which can be pronounced as,

Akhbaar (अखबार) - originating from khabar, and
SamacharPatra (समाचारपत्र) - originating from samachar.

Dan, good work!

blastfromthepast
14th May 2006, 09:58 AM

Very nice stats, too bad समाचार has been held since 2001 and has no content at all. :)

drbiohealth
14th May 2006, 09:58 AM
Overture for samachar may be highly skewed perhaps because samachar.com is an extremely popular website. Check the overture for samachar.com .. :)

खबरें the english version kabar has 800 overtures

समाचार is the most common usage of news but खबरें is like in Tv channels people keep saying we have just got kabar that there was a bomb blast in delhi

Both are good terms and good luck with it !!

blastfromthepast
14th May 2006, 10:04 AM
Dan, good work!

Thank you Dr.

I also have अख़बार.com but this form seems to be very rarely used.

drbiohealth
14th May 2006, 10:21 AM
Well, this is subtle. Do you notice the absence of a dot in my version of अखबार. The dot represents the speech sound which is normally rarely used in written form. Cheers!

Its like, phone can be written as फोन and फ़ोन in hindi. Though, फ़ोन is the correct grammatical word, फोन is used more often.

I also have अख़बार.com but this form seems to be very rarely used.

jose
14th May 2006, 05:06 PM
Who just got the .net, lol?

Rubber Duck
14th May 2006, 05:16 PM
Well, this is subtle. Do you notice the absence of a dot in my version of अखबार. The dot represents the speech sound which is normally rarely used in written form. Cheers!

Its like, phone can be written as फोन and फ़ोन in hindi. Though, फ़ोन is the correct grammatical word, फोन is used more often.

The really subtle bit seems to be:

Registered 19-Apr-2001. I didn't even realise that was possible!

drbiohealth
15th May 2006, 01:07 AM
Even in the current case, the correct grammatical form is ख़बरें, however खबरें (one with Dan) is the one that is used most often.