PDA

View Full Version : Payment Problem


Man
28th February 2011, 06:27 PM
Hello,

I don't know if this is the right section to post this,but i have to post it anyway.

I have a problem renewing my domains with name.com
Suddenly they aren't accepting my card and i get this message:

"unable to authorize funds - test failed - 327 cardholder transaction not permitted"

I contacted my bank and they told me that everything is OK and their is nothing wrong from their side.

I contacted name.com.they told me that their is a problem and they can't accept my card with no reason and they told me you have to find another payment method.

What surprise me most is that some of the domains I'm trying to renew was registered with the same card,and my card was never refused on any website on the internet including moniker, godaddy and many others!

I don't know what the problem is,and Name support guys don't seem to know too.

So what should i do now?

Has anyone been in this situation before?

DktoInc
28th February 2011, 06:45 PM
paypal.

Man
28th February 2011, 06:51 PM
paypal.
Thank you for the reply but paypal doesn't support my country right now.

squirrel
28th February 2011, 06:55 PM
transfer the names to another registrar. How long til expiration date ?

Man
28th February 2011, 07:08 PM
transfer the names to another registrar. How long til expiration date ?

they will expire within a very few months.
but i also was planing to buy some other domains at Name.com
I think they are a good registrar except this issue.
Isn't there a transfer out fee? how would i pay it?
i didn't transfer any domain before only renewing so i don't know,and how long would it take?

thank you

squirrel
28th February 2011, 07:22 PM
the fee for transferring is equivalent to the renewal fee. Moreover a transfer includes renewal for a year.

Say xyz.com expires March 1st 2011. It is currently registered with name.com

If you transfter to Godaddy or whatever, you'll pay 10$ or so, xyz.com is moved to Godaddy and it's expiration date is now March 1st 2012.

Keep in mind however that a newly transfered name cannot be immediately moved to a third registrar. There's a waiting period, 30 days I think.

Because you have a month or so ahead of you, I would recommend that you transfer to another registrar. It will cost you about the same as renewing at Name.com

bwhhisc
28th February 2011, 07:23 PM
Try buying some bulk credits at 101domain or dynadot or another registrar of your choice then transfer the names over.

Drewbert
28th February 2011, 07:23 PM
The transfer fee renews the name for another year, and is payable to the GAINING registrar.

So go open an account at dynadot.com, and try to fund it (prepay) for the amount you will need to renew all the names for 1 year, using your card.

If it works, you can go to name.com and get the AUTHCODE needed (an unlock the domains) then go back to dynadot and do a bulk transfer.

If it doesn't work, then you really do have a problem with that card.

Man
28th February 2011, 08:28 PM
the fee for transferring is equivalent to the renewal fee. Moreover a transfer includes renewal for a year.

Say xyz.com expires March 1st 2011. It is currently registered with name.com

If you transfter to Godaddy or whatever, you'll pay 10$ or so, xyz.com is moved to Godaddy and it's expiration date is now March 1st 2012.

Keep in mind however that a newly transfered name cannot be immediately moved to a third registrar. There's a waiting period, 30 days I think.

Because you have a month or so ahead of you, I would recommend that you transfer to another registrar. It will cost you about the same as renewing at Name.com

Try buying some bulk credits at 101domain or dynadot or another registrar of your choice then transfer the names over.

The transfer fee renews the name for another year, and is payable to the GAINING registrar.

So go open an account at dynadot.com, and try to fund it (prepay) for the amount you will need to renew all the names for 1 year, using your card.

If it works, you can go to name.com and get the AUTHCODE needed (an unlock the domains) then go back to dynadot and do a bulk transfer.

If it doesn't work, then you really do have a problem with that card.

Thank you very much guys, i really appreciate these information,examples and the fast replies and i hope non of you would ever be in this situation.
-------------------------
Now let me get this straight:

-You're all recommending transferring the domains, so i guess dealing with the credit card issue is out of the choices,i mean didn't anyone ever have a problem with the card or do anyone know anything about the error message?

- The transfer fee is nearly the renewal fee that is a good information but it will be paid to the new registrar, So i won't have to pay name.com anything to let my domains out ,right?

-How long would a transfer process take?
Because one of these domains is active, it has a website hosted on it,email accounts linked to it, users logging ...etc and i guess during the transfer process it may be down.
-------------------------
If any body has any other way to deal with such issue please inform me.

Drewbert
28th February 2011, 08:34 PM
-You're all recommending transferring the domains, so i guess the credit card issue is out of the choices,i mean didn't anyone have a problem with the card or do anyone know anything about this error message?

Finding out what the exact problem with the card could be a nightmare - talking to bank help desk, talking to name.com help desk, etc.


- The transfer fee is nearly the renewal fee that is a good information but it will be paid to the new registrar, So i won't have to pay name.com anything to let my domains out ,right?

Right. Plus you get to test the credit card with a different registrar.


-How long would a transfer process take?
Because one of these domains is active, it has a website hosted on it,email accounts linked to it, users logging ...etc and i guess during the transfer process it may be down.


Around 5 days. Faster if the losing registrar has the option of fast-track approval. I can't remember if name.com has that option.

The DNS during the transfer remains switched on and unchanged, so websites etc should NOT go down.

If you're worried, try it with just one name, so you can see how it works.

Man
1st March 2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you very much Drewbert
The transfer options seems very practical now.
I will consider doing it very soon if no other solution comes along.
One more thing please, how long do i have the right to transfer out my domains from a registrar before their expiration date?

bwhhisc
1st March 2011, 01:05 PM
One more thing please, how long do i have the right to transfer out my domains from a registrar before their expiration date?

For the more popular registrars people use here, as long as you start the transfer at least the day before expiration it should go thru OK. (Dynadot, Fabulous, Enom, Name, Domainsite, 101Domain.com).

I would suggest starting at least a week before to give yourself some room.

squirrel
1st March 2011, 04:31 PM
Speaking of transfers,
getting one out of WebBusiness.Biz is quite something.

Man
3rd March 2011, 01:30 PM
For the more popular registrars people use here, as long as you start the transfer at least the day before expiration it should go thru OK. (Dynadot, Fabulous, Enom, Name, Domainsite, 101Domain.com).

I would suggest starting at least a week before to give yourself some room.

Thank you bwhhisc.

--------------------

I've just registered a new domain on godaddy.com,the card is accepted and there isn't any problem.

I don't know what is wrong with Name.com they still refuse my card with no reason.

I guess i'll do transfer all my domains out of them.though i was considering them a very good registrar.

i wanna repeat my thank to all the guys here.