PDA

View Full Version : reduction in thai US overture scores?

domainguru
15th May 2006, 08:52 AM
I have checked about 20 of my thai names, and all are showing much lower OV results than a few months ago e.g. เกม is down from 4700 odd a few months ago to 2000 this month.

Presuming Thais aren't searching a lot less than they were a few months ago, is there a good explanation for this? Is anyone getting similarly lower results with Thai names? What about other languages?

passengerpigeon
15th May 2006, 09:04 AM
If it helps, I've been hearing that overture scores are down across the board, because yahoo/overture broke off a partnership with MSN search, thusly decreasing the overture returns.
You can use google.com/trends to check for consistency, just not exact number of searches. : )

Rubber Duck
15th May 2006, 09:13 AM
It would seem that Overture is as useful as Yahoo is relavent in local markets. Excellent in Japan. Pretty much a waste of time elsewhere!

yanni
15th May 2006, 09:29 AM
Yea, results are down across the board. Not just Thai.

burnsinternet
16th May 2006, 12:00 AM
me, too. Some drastically down.

g
16th May 2006, 12:12 AM
yes arabic language is down too

all are lower than before

Rubber Duck
16th May 2006, 12:21 AM
I wouldn't get too exited. It wasn't as though you could put much faith in them anyway!

domainguru
16th May 2006, 02:35 AM
I wouldn't get too exited. It wasn't as though you could put much faith in them anyway!

It's no biggie, but if OV search scores are one thing I am taking into account when deciding whether to register a name, definitely important to know that OV searches are generally well down. Most of mine seem to be down around 60% to 70%

touchring
16th May 2006, 03:36 AM
Wow, Yahoo just lost 40% of it's marketshare overnight ? ? ?

gammascalper
16th May 2006, 03:43 AM
US overture was a HUGE help in confirming Russian terms. Still is, but not as cut-and-dried.

JP overture hasn't been affected as MSN was a tiny sliver of the market.

touchring
16th May 2006, 06:24 AM
US overture was a HUGE help in confirming Russian terms. Still is, but not as cut-and-dried.

JP overture hasn't been affected as MSN was a tiny sliver of the market.

JP OVT is down about 20-30%, so it's still quite significant.