PDA

View Full Version : Vernacular trend

drbiohealth
15th May 2006, 12:44 PM
http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php?autono=90681&leftnm=5&subLeft=0&chkFlg=

Rubber Duck
15th May 2006, 12:52 PM
http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php?autono=90681&leftnm=5&subLeft=0&chkFlg=

Top article. Will you also post at DNF?

The clear inference is that is 80% of the Ads and Ad Writers are going to be non English then the most valuable domain names will also be Hindi.

It looks at though my Hindi Portfolio could yet prove to be my most valuable putting Chinese, Japanese and Arabic in the shade!

drbiohealth
15th May 2006, 01:04 PM
That seems a logical extension. However, my sense is that things should start rolling after around 2 years. But beyond that it should be a vertical rise. Cheers!

The clear inference is that is 80% of the Ads and Ad Writers are going to be non English then the most valuable domain names will also Hindi.

bwhhisc
15th May 2006, 02:11 PM
That seems a logical extension. However, my sense is that things should start rolling after around 2 years. But beyond that it should be a vertical rise. Cheers!

Dr.- Is that your best guess for Hindi, or for idns in general? My feeling is that the Japanese market will be the first to really pick up on idn's, then a fairly quick spread from there. Other opinions?

drbiohealth
15th May 2006, 02:15 PM
Sorry, I was referring to Hindi IDNs. Japnese IDNs should ideally take off much before that.

Dr.- Is that your best guess for Hindi, or for idns in general? My feeling is that the Japanese market will be the first to really pick up on idn's, then a fairly quick spread from there. Other opinions?

Rubber Duck
15th May 2006, 02:22 PM
Sorry, I was referring to Hindi IDNs. Japnese IDNs should ideally take off much before that.

Yes, I would agree with that. Japanese and Chinese are starting to boom, Russian and Arabic are just starting to show, but I think we all expect something of a lag with Hindi and the other Indic Scripts. I would suggest that that is not a good reason for delay, as I believe these are already being speculated on the basis of "What have you got to loose". If Hindi booms, then it will be second only to Chinese in my opinion although overtaking Japanese could take as long as 5 years. Don't expect to pick these up for peanuts as the better domains will be locked away for cover the cost of nursing homes!

drbiohealth
15th May 2006, 02:50 PM
Two years is not at all a long time in long term investments .. :). In any form of investment, real value can rarely be found when there is euphoria around. Also, generally speaking returns are directly proportional to risks taken. After two years I am sure good domains will not be available for reg fee, this ofcourse is on the premise that IDN.com ~ IDN.IDN by then. Cheers