PDA

View Full Version : French domains getting quality traffic?

aboujouj83
15th May 2006, 09:10 PM
My arabic domains are starting to get some traffic, but the CPC is very low, around 2c/click...do french domains get better CPC? I know french, so I would like to know if it's worth it to start registring french names.

Thanks,
GSA

Rubber Duck
15th May 2006, 09:17 PM
My arabic domains are starting to get some traffic, but the CPC is very low, around 2c/click...do french domains get better CPC? I know french, so I would like to know if it's worth it to start registring french names.

Thanks,
GSA

Tough call as there are many fewer terms to go at, and most of them are regged.

The Arabic market has hardly taken off yet, but give it another 6 months and thing will start to change. When I started in Arabic Overture wouldn't even recognise the characters and the Google scores were very low indeed. As I hardly speak the language, my portfolio is largely based on guesswork. Two years on, they worth a very sustantial amount of of money.

thefabfive
15th May 2006, 09:21 PM
Agreed. There are less French terms unregged. Personally I'd stick with Arabic. Much bigger market with more potential (IMO). Don't worry about traffic right now. It will come.

aboujouj83
15th May 2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys for your feedback!

thefabfive, I see you are registering .net's? Do you register a .net only when the .com is taken?

Aboujouj

thefabfive
15th May 2006, 10:14 PM
It depends on the keyword. Which one are you talking about?

- DUH - you're probably talking about my signature. Took me a while to figure that out. Most of those are Persian and have pretty good Ovt. If I had the .com I'd probably still get the .net on those.

burnsinternet
15th May 2006, 10:22 PM
My French and Portuguese domains are getting clicks at Sedo. They don't get as many views, but it is more than I hoped for. That's why I am not in a hurry to unload them.

I concur that you may have a tough time finding open French domains. I got in too late for Spanish domains, and that is all I really wanted. I think folks are really scouting Arabic, Hindi, etc. now.

dabsi
18th May 2006, 08:45 PM
téléannonces.com is subsidising 80 'unemployed' IDNs

Other stars are under http://www.meilleursnoms.com/

DABSI

burnsinternet
18th May 2006, 09:37 PM
How charitable!