PDA

View Full Version : старт.com - start.com in Russian

pibbz
11th April 2011, 05:09 PM
Hello,
want to sell старт.com - start.com in Russian (XN--80A6ABEC.COM). Received 112 uv last month.
Price $2000.

Rubber Duck
11th April 2011, 10:09 PM
So let me get this right. Russian is just English written in different characters? :confused:

pibbz
12th April 2011, 08:37 AM
I am not sure i have understood your question correctly. Pronunciation is the same in Russian and in English.

Avtal
12th April 2011, 02:04 PM
I am not sure i have understood your question correctly. Pronunciation is the same in Russian and in English.

pibbz,

I'm not sure why RD decided to muddy your sales thread. But here is some confirmation of this word, which I'm basing on a 1970s edition of the Oxford Russian-English dictionary (I'm not a native speaker of Russian, by the way).

старт (which sounds just like the English "start") can mean "start" in sports, or "takeoff point" in aeronautics. It has become incorporated in Russian to the point that a verb form is recognized: стартовать: "to start" in sports, or "to take off" in aeronautics. So like many other words of foreign origin, старт has found a place in Russian.

Avtal

DktoInc
12th April 2011, 06:38 PM
pibbz,

I'm not sure why RD decided to muddy your sales thread. But here is some confirmation of this word, which I'm basing on a 1970s edition of the Oxford Russian-English dictionary (I'm not a native speaker of Russian, by the way).

старт (which sounds just like the English "start") can mean "start" in sports, or "takeoff point" in aeronautics. It has become incorporated in Russian to the point that a verb form is recognized: стартовать: "to start" in sports, or "to take off" in aeronautics. So like many other words of foreign origin, старт has found a place in Russian.

Avtal

Avtal why so complicated.??

This domain is good. "старт" means "start"

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82