PDA

View Full Version : First Hindi IDN based website (blog)

catchnames
18th April 2011, 10:53 AM
http://संवाददाता.com तकनीकी अभिव्यक्ति,असाधारण अनुभूति एवं अन्य अतिश्योक्ति

Although I have provided alternative access to reach the blog for people who are Hindi challenged but that is just forwarding it to IDN address.
BTW, संवाददाता means reporter/correspondent
Your comments, criticism?

squirrel
18th April 2011, 03:27 PM
In my browser, www.xn--i1b2efa7eq8bcb.com redirects to 100.xn--i1b2efa7eq8bcb.com , I don't know if that's intended ..?

Also, did you consider having your title be संवाददाता.कोम or something like that ? I'm not sure I would do it myself, just wondering if you thought about it.

blastfromthepast
18th April 2011, 07:53 PM
Not the first.

catchnames
19th April 2011, 11:34 AM
1. Hi Jean, I wanted to avoid ascii characters so chosen 100 instead of www.Thinking when .com will be aliased as .कॉम it will be an easy transition. Also all keyboard to have roman numeric so 100 will be anyday better than www.IMHO

2. संवाददाता.कॉम will confuse user because it won't resolve anywhere
In my browser, www.xn--i1b2efa7eq8bcb.com redirects to 100.xn--i1b2efa7eq8bcb.com , I don't know if that's intended ..?

Also, did you consider having your title be संवाददाता.कोम or something like that ? I'm not sure I would do it myself, just wondering if you thought about it.

catchnames
19th April 2011, 11:36 AM
Not the first.
Correct me if I am wrong, only other you may consider is हिंदी.com but that is also aliased as hindi.co.in (not just forwarded).
Did I miss something?
Regards

blastfromthepast
19th April 2011, 06:18 PM
There were Hindi IDN based websites in operation years ago. You simply can't claim to be first in 2011.

domainguru
19th April 2011, 06:27 PM
The idea that in 2011 you are the first IDN-based website (blog) in any language is a joke really. At least 5 years too late.

catchnames
19th April 2011, 06:45 PM
Pardon my ignorance then,I would like to have more info so that I can collaborate with them.Any pointer in this direction would be appreciated [please exclude minisites]

domainguru
19th April 2011, 06:56 PM
Exclude minisites? But include your site which is just a blogger.com blog mess? Give me a break. To be honest, the "site" is just awful. If you had done this in 2003, I would have congratulated you. Move with the times, and don't think in 2011 you are doing something amazing by forwarding to a blog site.

Sheeks, your domain resolves to http://100.xn--i1b2efa7eq8bcb.com/

Just use the domain, that is what it is there for .....

catchnames
19th April 2011, 07:02 PM
We may have difference of opinion about blogger or word press but this is just the beginning and you can't dismiss it once it will have say 100+ posts. White redirecting to 100.संवाददाता.com I already explained in reply to Jean.
You still didn't answer, show me a site that is developed Hindi IDN in your view.Possibly I can learn from that site.

domainguru
19th April 2011, 08:23 PM
We may have difference of opinion about blogger or word press but this is just the beginning and you can't dismiss it once it will have say 100+ posts. White redirecting to 100.संवाददाता.com I already explained in reply to Jean.
You still didn't answer, show me a site that is developed Hindi IDN in your view.Possibly I can learn from that site.

I still don't understand why you are redirecting to a sub-domain. Its completely unnecessary. Just use the root domain. Not ASCII characters involved.

catchnames
19th April 2011, 08:28 PM
Blogger has this limitation, one need to map-subdomain generally "www" and redirect naked domain to it.Instead of default www I did chose 100 because 100(roman numbers) are available in native Hindi keyboard as well without any additional instillation of the software.

domainguru
19th April 2011, 08:32 PM
Blogger has this limitation, one need to map-subdomain generally "www" and redirect naked domain to it.Instead of default www I did chose 100 because 100(roman numbers) are available in native Hindi keyboard as well without any additional instillation of the software.

ah ok .....

If so, host a blog yourself, don't be tied to a system that refuses to do what you want. You want us to take your sites seriously as being trailblazers but they aren't even properly hosted.

catchnames
19th April 2011, 08:41 PM
Blogger takes off a lot of administrative headache (upgrade, security fixes,daily backups) and worth every dime what it is meant for.There are many serious blogger who started from blogspot http://labnol.blogspot.com blogged on blogger for more than 3 years before moving to his platform.Current estimated earning he has is 40k usd per month.So one can't just deny power of blogger with least headache (if you are involved with so many other stuff).BTW, people who understand Hindi has appreciated the content of it very very much .They don't care about platform but content.IMHO
PS - My wordpress blog has been hacked on more than two occassions previously but never my blogger blog.

domainguru
19th April 2011, 08:51 PM
Blogger takes a lot of administrative headache (upgrade, security fixes,daily backups) and worth every dime what it is meant for.There are many serious blogger who started from blogspot http://labnol.blogspot.com blogged on blogger for more than 3 years before moving to his platform.Current estimated earning he has is 40k usd per month.So one can't just deny power of blogger with least headache (if you are involved with so many other stuff).BTW, people who understand Hindi has appreciated the content of it very very much .They don't care about platform but content.IMHO
PS - My wordpress blog has been hacked on more than two occassions previously but never my blogger blog.

I hope you grow and grow.

Just if you are promoting this as an IDN project, be nice if you had a "pure" domain name, not just a CNAME to a blogger site. Having the "100" on the front just makes it look like another amateur blog.

Re: hacking, there is no reason to be hacked with WP unless you don't know what you are doing. I've never had a WP site hacked.