PDA

View Full Version : will it be valuable if i reg a .net country name in japanese?

jaik
17th May 2006, 02:13 PM
hi,
will it be valuable if i reg a .net country name in japanese?
it is avail to reg
plz help
thanks,
jaik

alpha
17th May 2006, 02:22 PM
hi,
will it be valuable if i reg a .net country name in japanese?
it is avail to reg
plz help
thanks,
jaik

Sometimes it is easier to answer a question with another question.

In ascii, would the same country name.net be worth anything, for example Poland.net?

of course it also depends on the country name.

blastfromthepast
17th May 2006, 03:11 PM
Sometimes it is easier to answer a question with another question.

In ascii, would the same country name.net be worth anything, for example Poland.net?

of course it also depends on the country name.

ASCII value in English should be greater than Japanese for a couple of reasons, despite the fact that Japan is the #2 and by some marks the #1 economy in the world. First of all, there are Polish (or other) people in the US who don't speak Polish, but speak English, who would try to use the domain, also, some Poles who speak English in Poland would try to type Poland.net also. Also, English is used as an international language of communication.

Japan is about 98% Japanese. There is no large community of Japanese speakers outside of Japan. There is no large community of foreigners in Japan who speak only Japanese and need to access the internet in Japanese, with the exception of Koreans.

That leaves tourism as the remaining value for Japanese language country names. Japanese tourism. That's a huge market, but a very specific one, with its own fads and hot places. Research is needed to find out if you have a hot location that Japanese tourists want or will want to visit. Then you can bet on maximum value. In general however, country names are valuable domains.