PDA

View Full Version : hótmail.com

AllHostOne.co.uk
30th May 2011, 09:14 AM
Whats your thoughts? How much is it worth?

Rubber Duck
30th May 2011, 09:21 AM
One large migraine.

AllHostOne.co.uk
30th May 2011, 09:24 AM
I was talking to a few people about it last night, and nowi've bought it im sorta thinking.... right >.< . Would it be worth anything or would microsoft like to come to my house and take it out of my hands?

Wot
30th May 2011, 09:38 AM
They would take your hands as well , it's worthless.

That said, try ebay there seems to be some complete dipsticks buying stuff there.

Check out this forum and find out what real IDN are.

htmlindex
30th May 2011, 09:43 AM
I was talking to a few people about it last night, and nowi've bought it im sorta thinking.... right >.< . Would it be worth anything or would microsoft like to come to my house and take it out of my hands?

They might not come to your house to take it out of your hands but you might get a "nice" letter from them or maybe something further :no:

AllHostOne.co.uk
30th May 2011, 10:54 AM
Cant i sell it to them? I've heard stories about people hogging hotmail.com who.is to see when it runs out and buying it straight away then selling back to microsoft :P

Wot
30th May 2011, 10:59 AM
Cant i sell it to them? I've heard stories about people hogging hotmail.com who.is to see when it runs out and buying it straight away then selling back to microsoft :P

Sure- just email them.

bwhhisc
30th May 2011, 12:53 PM
Cant i sell it to them?

Their lawyers will certainly want to cut you a good deal. :p

tee1
30th May 2011, 02:30 PM
stop wasting your time hand registering garbage check out the sales threads MANY deals to be had ALL under $100

here is a dot net available that dropped yesterday シャンプー.net xn--xck4c9azd2b.net 22,200 [exact] searches not a bad name IMO [shampoo.net] in Japanese

sarcle
30th May 2011, 08:02 PM
Lol. Yeah, genius. I think this is the place to contact them about their IP. I went ahead and clicked the link so they can get right to you and offer you a bundle in money for their own copyright.

http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/en/us/intellectualproperty/iplicensing/

Use this email:

Iplicreq@microsoft.com

I'm sure they'll offer you a million dollars and then you'll be set.

Oh, I mean sue you for a million in court.

Cheers.

jose
30th May 2011, 08:30 PM
sarcle is right. They don't usually sue and simply GO TO YOUR HOME and take it, but, seriously they could ask for compensation for all the profit THEY THINK you made with it.

jose
30th May 2011, 08:38 PM
...or you could try selling some truly valuable look-a-likes: :)

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/28014-cyrillic-single-letter-%D1%98-com-xn-e2a-com.html

Just image how far that would go on ebay...

sarcle
30th May 2011, 08:44 PM
Just image how far that would go on ebay...

Not just ebay. This will go all the way to a certain domain that hasn't even been allocated yet. Confusingly similar? Without a doubt. Now it just needs a site for first use in commerce. And you have a case for when verisign does allocate all those single letter .coms.

May just be the cheapest way to get a single letter ascii.com.

jose
30th May 2011, 08:55 PM
Not just ebay. This will go all the way to a certain domain that hasn't even been allocated yet. Confusingly similar? Without a doubt. Now it just needs a site for first use in commerce. And you have a case for when verisign does allocate all those single letter .coms.

May just be the cheapest way to get a single letter ascii.com.

That's what Alpha told me... after the sale ;)

To be honest I didn't realize its potential value.

I was going to auction next my other single Cyrillic, but I guess I'll keep it now... its s.com ;)

Thanks guys!

sarcle
30th May 2011, 09:06 PM
That's what Alpha told me... after the sale ;)

To be honest I didn't realize its potential value.

I was going to auction next my other single Cyrillic, but I guess I'll keep it now... its s.com

Thanks guys!

Nah, it's worthless. I'll give you $200 for it. :D P.S. You better put something on it. Hell, go buy a 12 pack of socks and put them up for sale on it. Do something with it so you do have "first use" when the time comes.

Kent99
30th May 2011, 09:24 PM
I let them know it might be for sale and I think they'll be in touch. Can I get a brokerage commission?

DktoInc
30th May 2011, 09:56 PM
kinda looks like my youtubè.com domain I came here with. :)

Don't worry man you r already a winner, because you found this place.

dump the hótmail domain before THEY come for you.

Fka200
30th May 2011, 10:12 PM
Agreed. Look at it this way... with your domain you lost your reg fee, but gained in the knowledge and can now pursue the worthwhile names. Read around the forum, or go to idnblog.com.

mulligan
30th May 2011, 11:03 PM
kinda looks like my youtubè.com domain I came here with. :)

lol :)

Drewbert
31st May 2011, 02:13 AM

You got the story wrong.

Back in the old days, when Network Solutions would accept payment from ANYONE for ANY domain, a hotmail user was upset because Microsoft had let the registration for hotmail.com lapse and it was on-hold and thus the hotmail system was dead. So he paid the renewal fee for hotmail.com to Network Solutions, to allow the hotmail system to start working correctly again.

Microsoft duly thanked him for helping them fix their mistake and sent him a cheque for the reimbursement of the renewal fees.

He framed the cheque and hung it on his wall.

As for hótmail.com, I think you are digging yourself a hole deeper than you have the ability to climb out of.

htmlindex
31st May 2011, 12:51 PM
Sure- just email them.

Make sure you use a hotmail.com email address. Or should I say a hótmail.com email address :p