PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates Ownes 83 IDN's .Com's !!!!!

thegenius1
18th May 2006, 02:38 AM
Here it is Folks http://domains.microsoft.own.sqlvision.com/ Scroll Down To XN-- :)

IM almost 99.9% sure this isnt All the IDN's He ownes , He might have a portfolio competing with some of us !

This list is defintley Incomplete because it doensnt Even Include メッセンジャー.com Trust me they are Holding More then we think !

gammascalper
18th May 2006, 02:49 AM
Good find Genius!

A little overkill on the viva pinata domains :confused:

Here they are:

マネーセントラル.com
めっせんじゃー.com
ぱすぽーと.com
まねーせんとらる.com
bivapiñata.com
civapiñata.com
fivapiñata.com
givapiñata.com
мѕи.com
hotmаil.com
エムエスエヌ.com
ivapiñata.com
ivvapiñata.com
ほっとめーる.com
microsōft.com
msň.com
хьох.com
えむえすえぬ.com
v8vapiñata.com
v9vapiñata.com
viapiñata.com
viavpiñata.com
vibapiñata.com
vicapiñata.com
vifapiñata.com
vigapiñata.com
viivapiñata.com
viva-piñata.com
viva0iñata.com
vivaapiñata.com
vivaiñata.com
vivaipñata.com
vivaliñata.com
vivaoiñata.com
vivap8ñata.com
vivap9ñata.com
vivapñata.com
vivapiña5a.com
vivapiña6a.com
vivapiñaa.com
vivapiñaat.com
vivapiñaata.com
vivapiñafa.com
vivapiñaga.com
vivapiñara.com
vivapiñat.com
vivapñiata.com
vivapiñata.com
vivapiññata.com
vivapiañta.com
vivapiñataa.com
vivapiñatq.com
vivapiñats.com
vivapiñatta.com
vivapiñatw.com
vivapiñatz.com
vivapiñaya.com
vivapiiñata.com
vivapiñqta.com
vivapiñsta.com
vivapiñta.com
vivapiñtaa.com
vivapiñwta.com
vivapiñzta.com
vivapjñata.com
vivapkñata.com
vivapoñata.com
vivappiñata.com
vivapuñata.com
vivpaiñata.com
vivpiñata.com
vivqpiñata.com
vivspiñata.com
vivvapiñata.com
vivwpiñata.com
vivzpiñata.com
vjvapiñata.com
vkvapiñata.com
vovapiñata.com
vuvapiñata.com
vvapiñata.com
vviapiñata.com
vvivapiñata.com
μσν.com

bwhhisc
18th May 2006, 02:53 AM
Leave it to the Genius to locate this stash! Good find.

sarcle
18th May 2006, 03:01 AM
Nice find!

Olney
18th May 2006, 03:23 AM
Actually that's not the big stash.
They do own close to 80 MORE Japanese IDNs
I've seen them.
But they're owned & registered by Microsoft Japan...
They started registering them massively at the end of March....

For a search engine that's not even IDN compatible they do at least realize where everything is going to go...

Oh & the list I'm talking about is half com & jp...
I didn't look at the nets but they most likely own those too...

rhys
18th May 2006, 04:40 AM
Well it took us a while but I'm glad someone listened. :)

By the way, I'm really amazed that we are being so proactive on typos for viva pinata. Our marketing group has it going on better than I thought. This game is really important for us.

mulligan
18th May 2006, 04:43 AM
I've seen them.

For a search engine that's not even IDN compatible they do at least realize where everything is going to go...

Well what are they?

drbiohealth
18th May 2006, 06:16 AM
viva pinata - what does it mean and in which lang?

rhys
18th May 2006, 06:21 AM
viva pinata - what does it mean and in which lang?

It's a game for the xbox 360 that we are publishing later this year at Microsoft Game Studios. We have a big push to broaden the audience for our console and Viva Pinata is a game to spearhead that. It will also be a kids cartoon show on the 4kids! network this September.

thegenius1
18th May 2006, 06:26 AM
It's a game for the xbox 360 that we are publishing later this year at Microsoft Game Studios. We have a big push to broaden the audience for our console and Viva Pinata is a game to spearhead that. It will also be a kids cartoon show on the 4kids! network this September.

Ryhs is this the First Time you have Admitted Being apart of Microsoft , Also What Else is Up over there FIll US IN PLEASE ! :)

drbiohealth
18th May 2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks rhys for the info.

JColson
18th May 2006, 08:05 AM
Yes this all very interesting - good news - thanks for the info guys.

Rubber Duck
18th May 2006, 08:08 AM
Ryhs is this the First Time you have Admitted Being apart of Microsoft , Also What Else is Up over there FIll US IN PLEASE ! :)

Well I had him tagged. I think his answers to previous threads made it pretty transparent. Perhaps we should make an effort to be more Microsoft friendly around here.

Just hope Rhys isn't going to get into hot water over an addiction for registering IDNs.

Anyway when Bill wants the two Generics:

xn--cesv58a.cn 本地 Local (Bendi)
xn--lck0ge4d.jp ローカル Local

Just drop me a PM!

thegenius1
18th May 2006, 04:46 PM
I've seen them.

Is this list top secret or are we going to see it ?

bwhhisc
18th May 2006, 05:04 PM

I don't think Rhys has truly kept it a secret...if you had ever exchanged p.m's with him, or read his posts you caught on. We were propositioning him to be beta testers for their games way back when! No such luck- LOL

Actually, he's been quite the gentleman not to criticize any MS bashing, or praising. Opinions in all shapes and sizes are certainly welcomed here at IDNF.

My first thought on the Pinata was a funny joke representing the way Bill Gates probably feels sometimes! Figured maybe someone at MS had a funny sense of humor. Gates certainly has a tough job, no way to please everyone...and too many critics- but fortunately it pays well!

blastfromthepast
18th May 2006, 05:07 PM
For all the trouble, they missed майкрософт.com

Rubber Duck
18th May 2006, 05:36 PM
For all the trouble, they missed майкрософт.com

Yes, their strategy seems to be totally skewed. They have nailed down all the potential type-in before they have acquired the primary terms. Could it be that this is a prelude to negociations/Wipo?

blastfromthepast
18th May 2006, 09:27 PM
Creation Date: 2006-05-17 ....... I know you read this forum.
майкрософт.com:

На самом деле не целесообразно регистрировать домены с торговыми знаками как майкрософт... по действующим правилам, Microsoft'у очень просто забрать их у Вас...

Удачи!
Д.

Olney
18th May 2006, 11:19 PM
Oh the other domains...
I didn't write it yet huh?
I also didn't write it early in the month when I found it...

They own every Microsoft Product you can think of

Google Japan only owns like 2 IDNs
Yahoo has a bit maybe 6 to 10
MSN has close to 80

-RJ-
14th June 2006, 07:20 AM
The pinata domains aren't very impressive. And the spoofing domains like microsōft.com are not very good examples of true IDN usage -- they were probably just confiscated from scammers.

So what about these 8 domains:

マネーセントラル.com
めっせんじゃー.com
ぱすぽーと.com
まねーせんとらる.com
エムエスエヌ.com
ほっとめーる.com
えむえすえぬ.com
μσν.com

Can anyone translate them? Will MS actually be using these, or are they defensive registrations like the others?

Thx,

RJ

Drewbert
14th June 2006, 07:45 AM
Bill has a piñata fetish?

Ewwwwwwwww!

Rubber Duck
14th June 2006, 07:45 AM
The pinata domains aren't very impressive. And the spoofing domains like microsōft.com are not very good examples of true IDN usage -- they were probably just confiscated from scammers.

Can anyone translate them? Will MS actually be using these, or are they defensive registrations like the others?

Thx,

RJ

No but there again, why bother with defence in depth if you are not absolutely convinced that this thing is going to happen. If the type-ins are being anticipated as having a liklihood of very significant traffic then the assumption is that what they imitate is going to be a very major source of traffic indeed. To my knowledge no Typo have as much traffic as the domains the mimic by a very wide margin.

alpha
14th June 2006, 08:10 AM
i don't get this.

when i first read this, i was expecting to read that M$ had registered things like:

office, microsoft, excel, word etc etc

but all they seem to have done is reg a pile of BS names.

i don't think this is evidence at all that M$ are embracing IDN's

-RJ-
14th June 2006, 08:30 AM
No but there again, why bother with defence in depth if you are not absolutely convinced that this thing is going to happen. If the type-ins are being anticipated as having a liklihood of very significant traffic then the assumption is that what they imitate is going to be a very major source of traffic indeed.

Simple. They named their product "Viva Piñata". Piñata is one of the few Spanish words that has actually become common in English, pronunciation and all. Their product name contains an international character, and most Spanish keyboards (http://www.datacal.com/dce/spanish-keyboards.htm) have a "ñ" key. It only makes sense to get the domain that actually corresponds to the name of the product. Plus its a little kids game, and kids are terrible spellers. (Just ask John Zuccarini.)

This is an isolated event with little significance in the grand scheme of things. I definately do not take this as an indication that Microsoft is going to start a pattern of putting more ñ's and other international characters into their product names, and this is why I am dismissing the significance of these piñata domains by Microsoft.

Their site is already up and active at http://www.vivapinata.com/ When are they going to start redirecting the IDN's over?

RJ

p.s. Sorry, didn't really want to get into this debate. I am genuinely interested in the significance of the 8 domains I quoted before.

mulligan
14th June 2006, 08:51 AM
Yahoo are redirecting メッセンジャー.jp (http://%e3%83%a1%e3%83%83%e3%82%bb%e3%83%b3%e3%82%b8%e3%83%a3%e3%83%bc.jp/) -- Messenger.jp to their http://messenger.yahoo.co.jp/ site

-RJ-
14th June 2006, 08:56 AM
Yahoo are redirecting メッセンジャー.jp (http://%e3%83%a1%e3%83%83%e3%82%bb%e3%83%b3%e3%82%b8%e3%83%a3%e3%83%bc.jp/) -- Messenger.jp to their http://messenger.yahoo.co.jp/ site

A much better example of a corporation getting involved with IDN's.

Thanks for sharing that.

alpha
14th June 2006, 08:57 AM
BUT..

Micro$oft obviously know what IDN's are, so they have made a conscious decision not to register their "back catalogue" of product names etc.

just an observation, does nobody else think that is weird?

Rubber Duck
14th June 2006, 08:57 AM
Simple. They named their product "Viva Piñata". Piñata is one of the few Spanish words that has actually become common in English, pronunciation and all. Their product name contains an international character, and most Spanish keyboards (http://www.datacal.com/dce/spanish-keyboards.htm) have a "ñ" key. It only makes sense to get the domain that actually corresponds to the name of the product. Plus its a little kids game, and kids are terrible spellers. (Just ask John Zuccarini.)

This is an isolated event with little significance in the grand scheme of things. I definately do not take this as an indication that Microsoft is going to start a pattern of putting more ñ's and other international characters into their product names, and this is why I am dismissing the significance of these piñata domains by Microsoft.

Their site is already up and active at http://www.vivapinata.com/ When are they going to start redirecting the IDN's over?

RJ

p.s. Sorry, didn't really want to get into this debate. I am genuinely interested in the significance of the 8 domains I quoted before.

One was Money Central the others are clearly TM domains, but I have not deciphered them.

Microsoft, like Google have been a bit flat footed on IDN. I have the IDN for Local.jp!

A much better example of a corporation getting involved with IDN's.

Thanks for sharing that.

We know that both Google and Yahoo have an understanding of the significance of IDN for search as the display and index the Unicode Urls, rather than the raw punycode that was displayed before.

This is the keypoint underwriting IDN. Without IDN, the URL will give little or no support to the SEO operation. For many online business this can be make or break.

hanidn
14th June 2006, 09:17 AM
I have to say though, "IDNs are not marketable to end users" is about the biggest mis-read you can ever hope to make. To Thais, the correct statement would be "ASCII domains are not marketable to end users but they have had to put up with them for 10 years".

Absolutely agreed in Korea...

구글.kr is used for google search now.. It is not forwarding.. It is server setting. Try search any word in search box after you went http://구글.kr and see how the URL is changed.. one more I know one who sold that IDN to google…$3,000… :)

Rubber Duck
14th June 2006, 09:28 AM
Absolutely agreed in Korea...

구글.kr is used for google search now.. It is not forwarding.. It is server setting. Try search any word in search box after you went http://구글.kr and see how the URL is changed.. one more I know one who sold that IDN to google…$3,000… :)

Oddly, it would appear that Google doesn't have Google.kr, so it would appear that they intend to go fully IDN at the top level, as .co.kr will increasingly be seen as a legacy extension.

idn1234
14th June 2006, 09:28 AM
We know that both Google and Yahoo have an understanding of the significance of IDN for search as the display and index the Unicode Urls, rather than the raw punycode that was displayed before.

They are listing them in Unicode, but in my
experience this is all a bit haphazard at the
moment and they don't appear to be listing
them continuously.

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that too?

-RJ-
14th June 2006, 09:35 AM
it would appear that they intend to go fully IDN at the top level

Interesting. Time for me to buy some Korean IDN's. :)

Rubber Duck
14th June 2006, 09:38 AM

Maybe, but it is a tough market to crack. The point is though if they have flagged their intentions here it will happen to all local Google sites.

alex
14th June 2006, 09:55 AM

マネーセントラル.com
めっせんじゃー.com
ぱすぽーと.com
まねーせんとらる.com
エムエスエヌ.com
ほっとめーる.com
えむえすえぬ.com
μσν.com

Can anyone translate them?

The Japanese names (English brand name words/letters written phoenically in Japanese.):

moneycentral.com
messenger.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)
passport.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)
moneycentral.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)
MSN.com
hotmail.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)
MSN.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)

-RJ-
14th June 2006, 10:29 AM
The Japanese names (English brand name words/letters written phoenically in Japanese.):

moneycentral.com
moneycentral.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)
MSN.com
hotmail.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)
MSN.com (in the less frequently used character set for that word)

Thanks you alex!!

Is there a Japanese word for "messenger" or "passport"? If so, who owns those variations in .com?

markits
14th June 2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks you alex!!

Is there a Japanese word for "messenger" or "passport"? If so, who owns those variations in .com?

RJ,
The frequently used character set messenger.com (XN--YCKFX3JNA8GXC.com, メッセンジャー.com) is owned by microsoft too, the .jp (XN--YCKFX3JNA8GXC.jp, メッセンジャー.jp) is owned by yahoo.

See whois here: http://whois.sc/XN--YCKFX3JNA8GXC.com

thegenius1
14th June 2006, 04:56 PM
The whole point of my intial post was to show they are buying IDN's , And like it has been stated earliar there is a HIDDEN List , we dont know what they hold do we ?

I've seen them.

Drewbert
14th June 2006, 05:28 PM

Just be careful.

If I remember my past research correctly a full 70% of IDN names that were deleted at some stage were Korean. Most of the dropping names today are still Korean and most of them - as far as I can tell (hanidn might back me up) are crap. And most of those were registered by Koreans!

Finding a decent Korean name to register these days is VERY difficult.

touchring
14th June 2006, 05:35 PM
Just be careful.

If I remember my past research correctly a full 70% of IDN names that were deleted at some stage were Korean. Most of the dropping names today are still Korean and most of them - as far as I can tell (hanidn might back me up) are crap. And most of those were registered by Koreans!

Finding a decent Korean name to register these days is VERY difficult.

Korean gives only slightly more traffic than Japanese (which is very low by IDN standards), but finding good Korean names is like 5-10 times harder. :o

rhys
14th June 2006, 06:21 PM
The real question is who owns ライブ "Live" as that is the going forward name for MSN as well as Windows services and Xbox. It is also reasonably a generic tem even in Japanese. Will the holder of the winning lottery ticket(s) please stand up?

thegenius1
14th June 2006, 06:55 PM
The real question is who owns ライブ "Live" as that is the going forward name for MSN as well as Windows services and Xbox. It is also reasonably a generic tem even in Japanese. Will the holder of the winning lottery ticket(s) please stand up?

Well i almost broke a finger to whois the INfo and then i was going To place a Call to Buy it lol , and ofcourse its those guys over At ITsYourDomain.com , I know that name strikes a nerve with some people LOL but any way they have the site live http://ライブ.com

Rubber Duck
14th June 2006, 09:48 PM
Korean gives only slightly more traffic than Japanese (which is very low by IDN standards), but finding good Korean names is like 5-10 times harder. :o

We gave up on the Korean market about 1 week after we started in April 2004. Just way too tough, too much effort, too little return. I cannot imagine that things have got signiificantly easier.