PDA

View Full Version : iREIT is getting into the IDN game?

Explorer
19th May 2006, 04:43 PM
Today's big news is acqusition of Netster.com by iREIT. http://www.dnjournal.com/lowdown.htm

Well, a little further digging revealed that some of the top IDN domains registered in 2000/2001 by itsyourdomain.com folks have been and are poiting to netster.com website.

性别.com (sex.com), if my translation is correct, for example. Or a bunch of top others, which I remember when searching through and getting itsyourdomain.com data.

sarcle
19th May 2006, 04:50 PM
Netster owns a ton of IDN domains. I wrote a thread about it a number of months ago. Great news to hear of the aquisition.

Explorer
19th May 2006, 04:58 PM
Netster owns a ton of IDN domains. I wrote a thread about it a number of months ago. Great news to hear of the aquisition.

If iREIT folks end up with a bunch of top generic IDNs, it will boost the credibility of IDN market to the new highs.

And it does look like itsyourdomain.com folks and Netster is one entity, you are correct.

http://whois.domaintools.com/netster.com

Giant
19th May 2006, 05:01 PM

I know TDC = itsyourdomain.com, but is itsyourdomain.com = netster.com?

Please show me a domain that Netster.com owns, I will find out the answer.

gammascalper
19th May 2006, 05:01 PM
IIRC ItsYourDomain == TDC

That is big. Good find.

Explorer
19th May 2006, 05:05 PM
IIRC ItsYourDomain == TDC

That is big. Good find.

Yes, I think when a top domain investor buys a portfolio of top IDN.coms, it gives us some comfort that we are on the right track.

Rubber Duck
19th May 2006, 05:10 PM
"and major portions of the Netster Domain portfolio"! Suggests to me that maybe Netster is dumping ASCII and its associate business and may possibly have kept and is now refocusing on IDN?

sarcle
19th May 2006, 05:20 PM
The question is, were they innocent casualties of the aquistition or do they have a plan specifically for them?

Rubber Duck
19th May 2006, 05:23 PM
The question is, were they innocent casualties of the aquistition or do they have a plan specifically for them?

I am trying to get more info from Duke at DNF. It doesn't sound like a corporate takeover so much as a disposal of substantial assets, which may have been regarded as matured speculative investments. It maybe that iREIT has bought the ASCII and some website assets leaving Netster with a War Chest!

sarcle
19th May 2006, 07:40 PM
Yes, I'm seeing several possiblities in the making right now.

1. Netster sold it's site and "most of their portfolio" keeping the idns and are now sitting in money with plans to utilize them from some of the proceeds.

2. IREIT bought Netster and their names including the IDNs with a plan to take a hold of the emerging foreign markets.

3. The IDNs were totally forgot about in the aquisition and are left to rot. Depriving us of excellent domains.

The "most of their porfolio" line is the confusing part.

It will be interesting how it unfolds no matter what. Just keep an eye on some of Netster's IDNs.