PDA

View Full Version : Time to close this section?

blastfromthepast
27th October 2011, 02:40 AM
Time to close this section?

Kent99
27th October 2011, 04:09 AM
Because it is so dead?

blastfromthepast
27th October 2011, 04:14 AM
Because it is IDNA2008 INVALID.

IDNer
27th October 2011, 06:11 AM
It is no problems to close this section.

If anyone of you feel interested in this topic; welcome to go to my forum :yes:

Drewbert
27th October 2011, 08:06 PM
Closing it and placing a sticky post at the top pointing to the appropriate technical standards documents would probably be the thing to do.

squirrel
27th October 2011, 08:15 PM
Didn't Verisign tell some registrars that they had put on hold indefinitely the deletion of IDNA2008 invalid domains ? I agree that this section should be closed eventually but it may still take a few years before they are actually taken off the registry (?)

blastfromthepast
27th October 2011, 08:46 PM
Didn't Verisign tell some registrars that they had put on hold indefinitely the deletion of IDNA2008 invalid domains ? I agree that this section should be closed eventually but it may still take a few years before they are actually taken off the registry (?)

The reason is due to some technical error they included some IDAN2008 VALID domains in the list to be deleted, and then backed off when the error was reported.

Rossin
29th October 2011, 12:58 AM
And what about the very first part of the purpose explanation for this section, where we can read: "Discuss novelty IDN Domains" :confused:

For example, the butterfly domain: ʚïɞ.com

And a lot of other domains, like ꐚ.com ꁘ.com ꊱ.com ɱ.net ԃ.com ƨ.com ʚɞ.com Ꮻ.com

Yes, they are letters (not symbols or special characters) from different alphabets and languages, but they have a "novelty soul".