PDA

View Full Version : Need Chinese speaker to help me sell on 66.cn

rh909
14th November 2011, 06:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I don't speak Chinese, but have a few good idn.cn's i'd like to sell on 66.cn.

If you are fluent in Chinese, and can help me list the names, I can offer 15% of the sales price in return.

I have 4 names in total, an example of which is: 现在.cn (now).

This could be a good opportunity for you to make some money :-)

Any interest, please reply here or PM me.

Cheers,

mulligan
14th November 2011, 10:01 AM
Are you for real?

rh909
14th November 2011, 12:12 PM
Are you for real?

Yes, I think so. Do you detect a problem?? :(

alpha
14th November 2011, 02:23 PM
Yes, I think so. Do you detect a problem?? :(

Just one minor issue

15% is too cheap
And your domain is crap

Please tell me why now.cn is premium?
What is a "now", can you sell "nows" online?

rh909
14th November 2011, 04:00 PM
Just one minor issue

15% is too cheap
And your domain is crap

Please tell me why now.cn is premium?

Well, it looks like two issues to me, so let me address them both 'now' (no pun intended).

1. Is 15% really 'cheap', when there's no selling involved on their part, and they are just helping to translate?!
2. Who is helping you to read today, as 'now' is a very premium term, as it always has been in ascii or any other language...

Incidentally, your offensive comments aren't appreciate buddy. Do you go by the username "alpha", to make yourself feel better?

alpha
14th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Advice comes in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes beautifully gift wrapped, and sometimes thrown at you raw.

If you're smart you'll recognise its advice and not a hollow insult.

Alternatively you can carry on asking peoples opinion, then object when you don't hear what you want to hear; if that's you.. jog on, and good luck.

btw, "now" as an idn IS crap. I'm not calling your first-born child ugly, I'm just telling you the truth about your domain choice.

sarcle
14th November 2011, 04:12 PM
Just one minor issue

15% is too cheap
And your domain is crap

I believe that was two.

This is effing hilarious. +1

IdnHost
14th November 2011, 04:15 PM
+1 (Alpha)

rh909
14th November 2011, 04:15 PM
Advice comes in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes beautifully gift wrapped, and sometimes thrown at you raw.

If you're smart you'll recognise its advice and not a hollow insult.

Alternatively you can carry on asking peoples opinion, then object when you don't hear what you want to hear; if that's you.. jog on, and good luck.

btw, "now" as an idn IS crap. I'm not calling your first-born child ugly, I'm just telling you the truth about your domain choice.

Actually, this 'seriously de-railed' thread was not intended to be an appraisal thread. But as it's now turned in to that, unfortunately, is there anyone else who would like to make a comment on that particular domain name?.. and whether my original posting was completely foolish?

:)

IdnHost
14th November 2011, 04:32 PM
The post was a bit silly but no one is calling you a fool by any means. Im certain we all made silly comments or suggestions regarding any topic for that matter. I personally made lots of silly remarks about idns, but experience has taught me to know better, or simply ask an expert in the field before i make my comments public. In any case, we are all cool with each other here or as I would like to think. So no response on here should be taken to heart. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when i say we all mean good in this forum. On that note, welcome :)

abe
14th November 2011, 04:40 PM
Actually -50

We would like new people to come in and bring in others. Obviously some make mistakes. However attacking or being rude or impolite is not the way to go. In fact, being more polite than usual towards them would be a more advisable way.

Yes, it works for some like Rick but the ascii world in domains is much bigger,

disclaimer - I know Alpha is usually very polite. Maybe he woke up on the wrong side? Offer him some virtual coffee on FB..:)

alpha
14th November 2011, 04:46 PM
Actually -50

We would like new people to come in and bring in others. Obviously some make mistakes. However attacking or being rude or impolite is not the way to go. In fact, being more polite than usual towards them would be a more advisable way.

Yes, it works for some like Rick but the ascii world in domains is much bigger,

disclaimer - I know Alpha is usually very polite. Maybe he woke up on the wrong side? Offer him some virtual coffee on FB..:)

I didn't realise I was being rude. To the point, yes.
I stand by what I said, how many ways can you say 15% is too little and the domain is not marketable?

As the op suggested, other opinions are needed here.

rh909
14th November 2011, 04:54 PM
As the op suggested, other opinions are needed here.

I *think* this may be little more than a hate site, but your comment is something that I can agree on. Yes, I understand that folks will show 'loyalty' to other established members, but lets hear their opinions all the same...

1. Was 15% unfair?
2. Is "now"(.cn) a "crap" name?

abe
14th November 2011, 05:11 PM
@Alpha - never said you were rude, just that response could be gentler.
I was actually referring to a specific comment on this thread as rude(not by you), and to the lack of tolerance in general in the forum.

I would say that using garbage/junk/not worth registering is more polite than c*** but that might be a cultural argument. lol

Towards new people I do think being even more polite than usual is a good strategy.

15% is what Sedo takes so I assume its a very nice percentage. However if domain is not a good one, then for one to spend time to post it for you would just be out of being a nice person.

I do not know if its good but as Alpha said: what does one sell on a site called "now"?

Emil
14th November 2011, 05:13 PM
the whole world is becoming way too sensitive :) i always prefered to hear from other more established members here or any other venture i undertook a brutal truth rather than sugar plated half assed compliment.

if domain is crap, it is crap. aint no calling domain owners crap. of course we all hold domains which we believe are prime and if not for outside view, then we all would be renewing crap year after year and wasting money.

so before i spend money on renewals for example, i would rather knowledgeable people tell me its crap than some other polite way of comforting me. saves me money.

alexd
14th November 2011, 05:22 PM
The way things have been going on this forum recently, I think the next IDN convention will probably resemble something like WrestleMania !!

I for one want RD as my tag-team partner ;)

squirrel
14th November 2011, 06:37 PM
I *think* this may be little more than a hate site, but your comment is something that I can agree on. Yes, I understand that folks will show 'loyalty' to other established members, but lets hear their opinions all the same...

1. Was 15% unfair?
2. Is "now"(.cn) a "crap" name?

1. No
2. Most probably

It's tough love here buddy. In hindsight you'll fully understand, I'm sure. As long as there will be good names in the wild waiting to be picked up, people will call you out on anything that is sub-par. It's happened to me and pretty much everyone. The day nobody cares, this place will turn into IDNPros.

tee1
14th November 2011, 06:44 PM
no tag-teams only battle royal cage matches :eek:

@op look at the bright side hopefully this tread saved you a renewal fee

sarcle
14th November 2011, 07:22 PM
the whole world is becoming way too sensitive :)

My favorite response on people being offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXuYzmzNg

sarcle
14th November 2011, 08:10 PM
Actually, this 'seriously de-railed' thread was not intended to be an appraisal thread. But as it's now turned in to that, unfortunately, is there anyone else who would like to make a comment on that particular domain name?.. and whether my original posting was completely foolish?

:)

That's right, you posted in "general discussion". That's what we are doing. Having a "general" discussion about your proposal and domain.

It wasn't "completely" foolish. Hopefully you take something out of this and try harder.

Or you can cry and throw fits like another member here when it's pointed out to them that their domain isn't what they thought it was.

Cheers.

IDNer
15th November 2011, 01:31 AM
rh909 was the member of my forum since 2008 and he is gentle, polite and a nice guy.

He is not a Chinese, I guess that he is using online dictionary to help himself to make the translation on the IDN registration;
but have got some very nice Chinese IDNs in hand.

I do believe that rh909 judged the value of 现在.cn by a misleading of the English keyword [ Now ] this time.

sarcle
15th November 2011, 04:17 AM
The way things have been going on this forum recently, I think the next IDN convention will probably resemble something like WrestleMania !!

no tag-teams only battle royal cage matches

I just wanted to respond to this as it's been bothering me all afternoon.

I don't want to get in the way of anyone's fun. I mean, if you guys love getting lubed up and wrestling other dudes it's your business. I mean, I'm not judging or anything. I just would rather not be involved.

Now, female jello wrestling, I would go for that.

rh909
15th November 2011, 07:51 AM
Or you can cry and throw fits like another member here when it's pointed out to them that their domain isn't what they thought it was.

Don't worry, no one is crying my friend.

After all, i'm not the one paying the price for the hateful jibes you and your buddies make... the owner of this forum is.

With over 7000 members, in an area of 'domaining' as specialized as this, don't you find it odd that there's only a dozen or so people making comments on here?

The rest obviously joined, realised that it was a hate site for a few bitter men, who regurgitate the same old thoughts and ideas, and they left!

:yes:

alpha
15th November 2011, 08:01 AM
Don't worry, no one is crying my friend.

After all, i'm not the one paying the price for the hateful jibes you and your buddies make... the owner of this forum is.

With over 7000 members, in an area of 'domaining' as specialized as this, don't you find it odd that there's only a dozen or so people making comments on here?

The rest obviously joined, realised that it was a hate site for a few bitter men, who regurgitate the same old thoughts and ideas, and they left!

:yes:

You are testing my patience now.
You come to this free forum, people give up their time to give you input, and you act like a child.

Buckle up or I will ban you. Your choice "buddy".

rh909
15th November 2011, 08:07 AM
You are testing my patience now.
You come to this free forum, people give up their time to give you input, and you act like a child.

Buckle up or I will ban you. Your choice "buddy".

No worries, "alpha", this is my final post.

Let the feeding frenzy begin! :yes:

alexd
15th November 2011, 08:24 AM
I mean, if you guys love getting lubed up and wrestling other dudes it's your business. I mean, I'm not judging or anything.

You mean that dressing up like some ageing drag-queen with a tendency to totally f*ck up putting your lipstick on isn't a manly thing to be doing ??

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/792/543/wwesatnightshot2_display_image.jpg?1300252024

@rh909 - this is definitely NOT a hate site or anything of the sort. Its more like a group of people who all have strong views and opinions and sometimes personalities clash ( but this is something that happens everywhere and everyday in life ).

However, if you are interested in IDNs, it will be worth your while sticking around.

Wot
15th November 2011, 09:41 AM
Welcome rh909

It's tough enough selling IDN's or getting new members to come aboard to help promote them without the sort of standard welcome most receive here which more often than not is somewhat harsh.

Yes,we are all big boys and perhaps should act like it more often perhaps?

Just my 2 sense.

alpha
15th November 2011, 09:47 AM
You know what I've learnt?

I have myself some pretty nice idns, and a lot of "tribal knowledge" I have acquired.

It is simply just not worth passing comment anymore, out of fear of ruffling anyones fragile demeanour

Life lesson = stfu Gary

bumblebee man
15th November 2011, 10:02 AM
It's tough love here buddy. In hindsight you'll fully understand, I'm sure. As long as there will be good names in the wild waiting to be picked up, people will call you out on anything that is sub-par. It's happened to me and pretty much everyone. The day nobody cares, this place will turn into IDNPros.

I agree. There's 2 things one has to get used to:

1) Most of the long-term members in here are sitting on a shitload of quality IDNs and even now there's pretty good quality around for little money. So no one here get's too exited about average names. That includes brandables as there's no need to buy brandables when there's still affordable product/service dotcoms around.

2) People won't tell you in a roundabout way. Just don't take it personally.

However I agree with "abe" that this attitude scares off a lot of newbies.

alpha
15th November 2011, 10:19 AM
However I agree with "abe" that this attitude scares off a lot of newbies.

I think we're forgetting an important point here.

Most "old timers" probably couldn't give a rats ass if more noobs join or not, and if they do, whether they stay or not.

They know that's not the target market, they know it is unlikely they will learn much new from the noob, therefore all they have to look forward to are the same noob questions/attitudes/mis-truths.

I don't think this will ever change.

And as I look around at some of the newish members, some of whom are now popular members with a healthy post count, its not that they were treated any differently (why would they be), its that they had a different attitude to start with.

Wot
15th November 2011, 10:32 AM
Not sure if I qualify as an "old timer" or not,certainly in age I do, and I would have thought that the more noobs that come and actually stay and contribute to spreading the word about IDN the better.And realistically they haven't exactly set the world on fire -yet!

So surely any additional contribution has to be beneficial?

bumblebee man
15th November 2011, 12:06 PM
I think we're forgetting an important point here.

Most "old timers" probably couldn't give a rats ass if more noobs join or not, and if they do, whether they stay or not.

They know that's not the target market, they know it is unlikely they will learn much new from the noob, therefore all they have to look forward to are the same noob questions/attitudes/mis-truths.

I don't think this will ever change.

And as I look around at some of the newish members, some of whom are now popular members with a healthy post count, its not that they were treated any differently (why would they be), its that they had a different attitude to start with.

I can understand that view.

Just to clarify: I like this forum the way it is. And I didn't have any problems settling in when I was a newbie. This isn't namepros and I don't want it to become like namepros.

alpha
15th November 2011, 12:11 PM
I can understand that view.

Just to clarify: I like this forum the way it is. And I didn't have any problems settling in when I was a newbie. This isn't namepros and I don't want it to become like namepros.

I didn't want to out you, but yes, you are who I had in mind as the poster-boy for new members.

You haven't kissed ass, you haven't pissed anyone off, you buy, you sell, you post and are popular.. despite being German ;)

We need more like you, and less like that other guy, that is the naked truth, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

sarcle
15th November 2011, 07:47 PM

I'm not your "friend", "buddy". And did you just call me out? Name one thing I said that was "hateful" towards you. Name it.

People and their pathetic fragile egos. Oh, someone didn't like my domain. I'm going to go cry now and quit. So then do it. Stop making a scene and leave.

Do you know how many times I've had my teeth kicked in since I joined in 05? And I'm not just talking about someone telling me my domain is crap. Some real ass chewing. I really don't know myself, I've lost count. Did that stop me from doing what I'm doing? No. It only made me try harder. Do I hold a grudge against anyone here? No, I don't.

I'm here to discuss IDN, throw a few helpful suggestions out to noobs, and have a few laughs with the people on this board and wait. And trust me I'm not waiting for fragile ego noobs like you. You are not my market. Also, I share a common delusion with everyone on this forum that IDN will be the future in non-English places.

The rest obviously joined, realized that it was a hate site for a few bitter men, who regurgitate the same old thoughts and ideas, and they left!

Yes we are the StormFront of the domain world. Wait? Oh, there's too many people from all over the world and of all different religions for us to be that. Attacking those things would be called, "HATE". Telling someone that their domain isn't worth anything is called the TRUTH. Deal with it or you can piss right the fuck off.

Cheers

DktoInc
15th November 2011, 07:49 PM
I didn't want to out you, but yes, you are who I had in mind as the poster-boy for new members.

You haven't kissed ass, you haven't pissed anyone off, you buy, you sell, you post and are popular.. despite being German ;)

We need more like you, and less like that other guy, that is the naked truth, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

He pissed me off once, but then I bought a domain from him. ;) no hard feelings Falco
Hmmm maybe that is the secret selling stategy. Get them all pissed off then sell sell sell.?
Speaking of pissed off.. where is that Thai &**%&^%head ???

sarcle
15th November 2011, 07:59 PM
He pissed me off once, but then I bought a domain from him. ;) no hard feelings Falco
Hmmm maybe that is the secret selling stategy. Get them all pissed off then sell sell sell.?
Speaking of pissed off.. where is that Thai &**%&^%head ???

I have to admit DK. I didn't think you'd see the light either. But you came around. ;)

The first beers on me at our next convention.

Cheers

alpha
15th November 2011, 08:01 PM
I have to admit DK. I didn't think you'd see the light either. But you came around. ;)

The first beers on me at our next convention.

Cheers

+1

I met DK in NYC, nice guy, I too was pleasantly surprised.

yanni
15th November 2011, 09:11 PM
Geez, too much gayness flying around here.

Keep it down a bit, please.

DktoInc
15th November 2011, 10:19 PM
ok, group hug everybody. :rolleyes:

Wot
15th November 2011, 11:11 PM
Perhaps an ideal forum member profile could be posted on the page to the which the forum opens specifying the attributes one must have to join the forum and then if the potential newbies don't meet those specs they won't even sign up preventing further problems in the future from those that don't meet the requirements?

DktoInc
15th November 2011, 11:17 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__rl_RZunrf4/TJGhIj7ZDWI/AAAAAAAAAwo/xsPfiTXhlyw/s320/this+is+sparta.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__rl_RZunrf4/TJGhIj7ZDWI/AAAAAAAAAwo/xsPfiTXhlyw/s1600/this+is+sparta.jpg)

sarcle
16th November 2011, 06:13 AM
Perhaps an ideal forum member profile could be posted on the page to the which the forum opens specifying the attributes one must have to join the forum and then if the potential newbies don't meet those specs they won't even sign up preventing further problems in the future from those that don't meet the requirements?

Two simple yes or no questions would do it.

"Are you offended by everything?"

"Are you going to lose your shit if someone tells you they don't like your domain?"

Geez, too much gayness flying around here.

http://i.imgur.com/0S7Ij.jpg

markits
16th November 2011, 07:48 AM
A member joined 2 months ago has had some nice transactions with me already.