PDA

View Full Version : Can I get confirmation on حجز-الفنادق.com

alexd
14th November 2011, 08:17 AM
Hi guys

Got this one coming up for renewal shortly, and would really appreciate any native speakers feedback on it.

حجز-الفنادق.com ( xn----zmcareqr6jlqx.com )

From what I can gather, it means hotel reservations in Arabic.

I had also registered the same domain without the hyphen ...

حجزالفنادق.com ( xn--mgbandnp0ikov.com )

Can I check if ...

1) This is the correct term
2) Is the version without the dash correct ? ( Or does it need a hyphen )
3) If none-dash version is correct - is it worth keeping the hyphened version as well ??

Thanks for your time

Alex

Man
15th November 2011, 12:45 AM
1)Yes but not the best one for "hotel reservations"
2)Yes it doesn't need a hyphen
3)It's up to you...But IMO Hyphens decrease the value specially in Arabic.

alexd
15th November 2011, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the reply Man - it is most appreciated.

Even though you say that this is not the best term for "hotel reservations" - do you think it is still OK to use for a hotel booking site ??

Thanks

Alex

Wot
15th November 2011, 10:39 AM
1)Yes but not the best one for "hotel reservations"
2)Yes it doesn't need a hyphen
3)It's up to you...But IMO Hyphens decrease the value specially in Arabic.

Interesting as not long ago there was a two word Arab country geo I think (can't find the thread at the moment) that was discussed /appraised and the opinion was that the hyphenated version was better?

bumblebee man
15th November 2011, 11:03 AM
Interesting as not long ago there was a two word Arab country geo I think (can't find the thread at the moment) that was discussed /appraised and the opinion was that the hyphenated version was better?

In Arabic sometimes the words stick together and become unreadable without the hyphen. Unfortunately I don't have the slightest clue for which words and characters this would be the case.

Jay
15th November 2011, 09:08 PM
Great post on this at: http://www.idnforums.com/forums/7801-arabic-letters-that-dont-stick.html

Man
18th November 2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Man - it is most appreciated.

Even though you say that this is not the best term for "hotel reservations" - do you think it is still OK to use for a hotel booking site ??

Thanks

Alex

Yes,It's a good name.

I think you're referring to this http://www.idnforums.com/forums/28439-southsudan-com-in-arabic-a-new-country.html . The two words there are connected. So it must have a hyphen.

The hyphen may not affect the value even if the two words are not stuck -doesn't need a hyphen- but it should be really a very good name.

In Arabic sometimes the words stick together and become unreadable without the hyphen. Unfortunately I don't have the slightest clue for which words and characters this would be the case.

This may help

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/28439-southsudan-com-in-arabic-a-new-country.html#post175643