PDA

View Full Version : НОВОСТИ.tv

pop2233
22nd November 2011, 04:49 PM
hi ,

what do you think about my idns? do i need a broker to get a good price?

НОВОСТИ.TV (news.TV)
КИНО.TV (movies.TV)
СПОРТ.TV (sport.TV)

thanks.

Emil
22nd November 2011, 04:59 PM
i think everything left of dot is very strong obviously, so then all comes down to the right of the dot - i.e .TV

having said that - those are good matches for .tv extension.

good luck

tee1
22nd November 2011, 05:24 PM

22nd November 2011, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the forum.
ברוך הבא לפורום.

pop2233
22nd November 2011, 05:30 PM
xn--b1amnebsh.tv
xn--h1adke.tv
xn--n1abebi.tv

those idn were registered by me several years ago.
is there a problem?

tee1
22nd November 2011, 05:33 PM
xn--b1amnebsh.tv
xn--h1adke.tv
xn--n1abebi.tv

those idn were registered by me several years ago.
is there a problem?

Hi, no problem. Sorry my mistake, welcome to the forum. Killer keywords as emil stated fits the extension.

pop2233
22nd November 2011, 05:34 PM
xn--b1amnebsh.tv
xn--h1adke.tv
xn--n1abebi.tv

could you please clarify your post ?
thanks.

tee1
22nd November 2011, 05:35 PM
xn--b1amnebsh.tv
xn--h1adke.tv
xn--n1abebi.tv

could you please clarify your post ?
thanks.

Hi
I confused you with another member same first name that likes/has some nice .tvs my apologies.

pop2233
22nd November 2011, 05:48 PM
could you please advice me about the best way to sell those domains. are there proffesional brokers who would find me a good buyer ? or should i use a public auction?
thanks.

sarcle
22nd November 2011, 08:59 PM
could you please advice me about the best way to sell those domains. are there proffesional brokers who would find me a good buyer ? or should i use a public auction?
thanks.

Unfortunately, at this moment, there really isn't a "best" way to sell these domains. There's not enough end-user demand and people have WAY too many of their own to sell to broker yours.

You have some good names. But you're going to have to wait like the rest of us until .IDN gTLDs for there to be any demand as .РФ has shown there is.

Welcome to the forums BTW.

IdnHost
22nd November 2011, 09:04 PM
thanks.

How much were you expecting to get for these, out of curiosity?

DktoInc
22nd November 2011, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=sarcle;188785]
You have some good names. But you're going to have to wait like the rest of us until .IDN gTLDs for there to be any demand as .РФ has shown there is.
[QUOTE]

.РФ is a cctld. .tv is a cctld. The problem is that he may have to wait for long long time, since the official language of Tuvalu is not Russian.

sarcle
22nd November 2011, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=sarcle;188785]
.РФ is a cctld. .tv is a cctld. The problem is that he may have to wait for long long time, since the official language of Tuvalu is not Russian.

Well after the "ccTLD fast-track" anyways, yes you are correct. Bulgaria is waiting it out, I would assume .TV would be in with them during the next round, whenever the hell that is.

Drewbert
22nd November 2011, 10:54 PM
Actually, just thinking outside the box for a second, Tuvalu could go for Тв (as short form of Тувалу in Russian). That could make things interesting.

Nice names, BTW.

Wot
22nd November 2011, 11:36 PM
Welcome.

Surprisingly everybody is being rather nice certainly not par for the course here,friends in high places?

Great keywords but the .tv does no favours at all and many people here have dropped major keyword idn.tv including actual countries in native languages,there is no market unless you are very lucky.There is currently very little market for quality idn.com so you see what you are up against.

Hopefully there may be a turn around in the not too distant future but don't hold your breath.

Good luck.

Avtal
23rd November 2011, 03:56 AM
Actually, just thinking outside the box for a second, Tuvalu could go for Тв (as short form of Тувалу in Russian).

Unfortunately, no.

There are two current paths for Tuvalu to apply for .тв (Cyrillic); both of them are blocked:

1) Apply for .тв in the ccTLD IDN fast track. This would fail, because:
a) Russian is not an official language of Tuvalu.
b) The capital form, .ТВ (Cyrillic) is visually similar to .TB (Latin); all Latin two-letter combinations are reserved.

2) Apply for .тв in the new gTLD program. This would fail for the same reason as (1b) above: .ТВ (Cyrillic) is visually similar to .TB (Latin).

Someday there will be a third path, allowing countries to apply for new ccTLDs without the restrictions of the current ccTLD IDN fast track. I think ICANN has a plan to put together a PDP (Policy Development Process) to make this happen, which is a nice way of saying "not soon".

By the way, welcome to the forum pop2233; sorry for hijacking the thread.

Avtal

pop2233
23rd November 2011, 05:53 AM
i am not sure that changing the ".TV" to ccTLD IDN will be of any benefit. Isnt ".TV" an international "brand", so changing it to ".TB" (Cyrillic) or to some japaneese or hebrew ccTLD's will have less value?. mabey this is a unic example when IDN.latin cctld is better than the IDN.IDN cctld.

DktoInc
23rd November 2011, 06:14 AM
i am not sure that changing the ".TV" to ccTLD IDN will be of any benefit. Isnt ".TV" an international "brand", so changing it to ".TB" (Cyrillic) or to some japaneese or hebrew ccTLD's will have less value?. mabey this is a unic example when IDN.latin cctld is better than the IDN.IDN cctld.

drop em or develop em.

DktoInc
23rd November 2011, 07:14 AM
Unfortunately, no.

There are two current paths for Tuvalu to apply for .тв (Cyrillic); both of them are blocked:

1) Apply for .тв in the ccTLD IDN fast track. This would fail, because:
a) Russian is not an official language of Tuvalu.
b) The capital form, .ТВ (Cyrillic) is visually similar to .TB (Latin); all Latin two-letter combinations are reserved.

2) Apply for .тв in the new gTLD program. This would fail for the same reason as (1b) above: .ТВ (Cyrillic) is visually similar to .TB (Latin).

Someday there will be a third path, allowing countries to apply for new ccTLDs without the restrictions of the current ccTLD IDN fast track. I think ICANN has a plan to put together a PDP (Policy Development Process) to make this happen, which is a nice way of saying "not soon".

By the way, welcome to the forum pop2233; sorry for hijacking the thread.

Avtal

Is this really you Avtal? 1st letters of each paragraph are not spelling out a code word. :)

Avtal
23rd November 2011, 12:28 PM
Is this really you Avtal? 1st letters of each paragraph are not spelling out a code word. :)

Hmm, perhaps the above posting was by Fake Avtal.

Although it may not matter.

!!

Avtal

Avtal
23rd November 2011, 12:51 PM
mabey this is a unic example when IDN.latin cctld is better than the IDN.IDN cctld.

It is possible, of course. Time will tell.

Avtal

bumblebee man
23rd November 2011, 01:39 PM

I very much doubt that. You are right about "TV" being recognized and understood anywhere in the world, but...

1) .RF has shown that the real demand is about IDN.IDN.

2) http://www.google.de/trends?q=%D0%9D%D0%9E%D0%92%D0%9E%D0%A1%D0%A2%D0%98+tv%2C%D0%9D%D0%9E%D0%92%D0%9E%D0%A1%D0%A2%D0%98+%D1%82%D0%B2&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all