PDA

View Full Version : Introduction Post

Keldon
24th December 2011, 09:51 AM
Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm an old-school, full-time, ASCII .com investor going back to the mid 1990's, but in the last year or so I have kinda' gotten bored with the .com market......been there and done that so many years it's not as intriguing as it used to be, although I still like it. I've always invested to a decent degree in foreign language domains, even back in the 90's, so I am not 100% ignorant of those markets like some domain investors.

I've been trolling around IDNForums a little for few months trying to understand the market before I start posting. I'm realizing that I still have a whole LOT to learn. It's amazing how much there is to know.

I missed the early IDN days and am arriving just now in 2011. I've bought about 20 IDNs so far this year with a few successful parking earners, and have struck out more than have won. I'm pumped up by the successful ones though. :)

I'm finding I enjoy the research more with IDNs. It's more challenging and it's more like being a detective than running through the regular motions of researching ASCII .com domains.

I've been debating for some time about making a real play in IDNs and now think I will actually take this area more seriously and concentrate a whole lot less on the ASCII market.

I speak Portuguese and Spanish pretty well, with a stronger understanding of Portuguese, so if anyone needs help I'll do my best to lend a hand in those languages. I'm sure there are some here that have more Spanish skills than me, though.

Lastly, I want to give thanks to Drewbert for getting me in here!!

Wot
24th December 2011, 10:07 AM
Welcome.

Plenty of expertise here on the forum to take advantage of.

Be interested to see what you have got that is produces earnings in a relatively short time,Spanish,Portuguese?

Keldon
24th December 2011, 10:26 AM
Welcome.

Plenty of expertise here on the forum to take advantage of.

Be interested to see what you have got that is produces earnings in a relatively short time,Spanish,Portuguese?
Thanks for the welcome Wot!!!

I know NameDrive is the favorite, but so far I am having more success with InternetTraffic.com than I am at NameDrive, but I am still testing.

Here are the only ones that are in the black out of the 20 or so I have bought:

ダイエットレシピ.com - Japanese, Diet Recipes
yıldız.com - Turkish, Stars
のいちご.com - Japanese, Strawberry
preçobaixo.com - Portuguese, Low Price

gammascalper
24th December 2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome Wot!!!

I know NameDrive is the favorite, but so far I am having more success with InternetTraffic.com than I am at NameDrive, but I am still testing.

Here are the only ones that are in the black out of the 20 or so I have bought:

ダイエットレシピ.com - Japanese, Diet Recipes
のいちご.com - Japanese, Strawberry
preçobaixo.com - Portuguese, Low Price

Cool, I must try internettraffic.com if it keeps beating ND.

Careful with Japanese terms that start with the の character, because it signifies possession, like English apostrophe "s", and translators will ignore it and give you a false positive. Strawberry in Japanese in Hiragana would be いちご.com. Great that you're in the black with it. Shows that it doesn't matter in some cases.

Keldon
24th December 2011, 10:38 AM
Cool, I must try internettraffic.com if it keeps beating ND.

Careful with Japanese terms that start with the の character, because it signifies possession, like English apostrophe "s", and translators will ignore it and give you a false positive. Strawberry in Japanese in Hiragana would be いちご.com. Great that you're in the black with it. Shows that it doesn't matter in some cases.
Thanks for the explanation. :)

It had occurred to me that it might be "retargeting" ads that got clicked and I just got lucky. Some of the others I bought seem so much better than that one.

Clotho
25th December 2011, 05:42 AM
Welcome! Glad to see you here!

blastfromthepast
25th December 2011, 06:44 AM
Welcome!

has2hands
25th December 2011, 10:56 AM
Welcome and Best of luck.

IDNer
25th December 2011, 11:00 AM
Welcome a full-time, old-school ASCII .com investor jump into the IDN world http://idnclub.com/images/smilies/handshake.gif

Steve Clarke
25th December 2011, 12:21 PM
Welcome aboard

jose
25th December 2011, 02:37 PM
Bem-vindo ao fórum! E, se me permite a questão, qual a origem do falar tão bem Português?

IdnHost
25th December 2011, 05:36 PM
Welcome, and happy holidays.

Keldon
25th December 2011, 07:37 PM
Bem-vindo ao fórum! E, se me permite a questão, qual a origem do falar tão bem Português?
Eu falo Português do Brasil . :)

Minha esposa é de lá.

Keldon
25th December 2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!! It's appreciated.

o.c.
26th December 2011, 05:52 AM

yıldız is star actually (singular). It also means celebrity just like it does in English.

And coincidentally today somebody mentioned to me yildiz.tv where Turkish cable channels are streamed for free, probably illegally, so there you go.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck here.

Keldon
26th December 2011, 02:44 PM
yıldız is star actually (singular). It also means celebrity just like it does in English.

And coincidentally today somebody mentioned to me yildiz.tv where Turkish cable channels are streamed for free, probably illegally, so there you go.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck here.
Thanks for that, O.C. !!! I appreciate it.

Now at least I know what I have. :)