how many bidders? total number?

thanks for sharing.

bumblebee man
1st January 2012, 10:41 PM
how many bidders? total number?

9 bidders if I remember correctly.

Kent99
1st January 2012, 10:44 PM
Has anybody figured out why there seems to be more action/higher prices at Snapnames than in the auctions here? Anonymity at Snapnames?

bumblebee man
1st January 2012, 10:48 PM
Has anybody figured out why there seems to be more action/higher prices at Snapnames than in the auctions here? Anonymity at Snapnames?

More natives around -> more bidding competition.

That would be my guess.

Rubber Duck
1st January 2012, 11:16 PM

Schilling mostly ever bought at Snapnames.

The rationale seems to be a mixture of not wanting to deal with troublesome individuals and to avoid recycling money to those that might bid against you in future auctions.

Of course what Frank didn't know was that he was be Shilled all the way down the line. But then again perhaps Snapnames was perceived as being free from that risk which also exist at Sedo and here.

Kent99
1st January 2012, 11:25 PM
More natives around -> more bidding competition.

That would be my guess.

I can't see that any other language interfaces are available other than English. Could be wrong, but not sure why Chinese people would use Snapnames.

bumblebee man
1st January 2012, 11:47 PM
I can't see that any other language interfaces are available other than English. Could be wrong, but not sure why Chinese people would use Snapnames.

For the same reason we use it. It's not like there's a lot of alternatives for catching quality drops. In theory there is but namedrive and pool never seem to be catching any IDNs. Not to mention the others.

tee1
2nd January 2012, 01:04 AM

didn't this name drop from dynadot, so it went through the auction phase there as well and didn't get a minimum bid?:confused:

Wot
2nd January 2012, 08:58 AM
didn't this name drop from dynadot, so it went through the auction phase there as well and didn't get a minimum bid?:confused:

I don't think it was at Dynadot.

Still not much of a price for a premium Chinese IDN,less than 1K not very encouraging!

alpha
2nd January 2012, 10:38 AM
I don't think it was at Dynadot.

Still not much of a price for a premium Chinese IDN,less than 1K not very encouraging!

lighting = "premium".. why is that?

jose
2nd January 2012, 12:38 PM
Would hardly sell for $85 here in IDNF.

IDNF is a great place for resellers!!!

domainsell
2nd January 2012, 08:55 PM
"IDNF is a great place for resellers!!!"

shhhhhhhhh. :)

Wot
2nd January 2012, 11:29 PM
lighting = "premium".. why is that?

12 Google ads to start with and every home,office,building etc has it.Pretty good in my book but what do I know with my mediocre domains.

http://www.google.com.hk/webhp?hl=zh-CN&sourceid=cnhp#hl=zh-CN&safe=strict&site=webhp&q=%E7%81%AF%E5%85%B7&oq=%E7%81%AF%E5%85%B7&aq=f&aqi=g-e2g8&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=9108l12383l2l14418l2l2l0l0l0l0l262l490l2-2l2l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=a0e47673e9966c3f&biw=1024&bih=609

http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=%E7%81%AF%E5%85%B7&hl=zh-CN&safe=strict&site=webhp&prmd=imvnsl&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=OUsCT_W-LIKqrAf95enoDw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CF0Q_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=609

And yes,it's still a crap price,considering there were 9 bidders,or whichever way you want to look at it.There may be the legendary "underground" market but overground the market in general is gasping for breath unless it's anything German.

bumblebee man
3rd January 2012, 08:01 AM
Would hardly sell for $85 here in IDNF.

You keep on saying that but it's actually hard to compare because most names offered in no reserve auctions at IDNF are of lower quality than this one.

IDNF is a great place for resellers!!!

Indeed. Pretty obvious because it mainly consists of resellers.