andre
5th February 2012, 09:20 AM
Unless they are just testing, the idn ccTLD 新加坡 is now live

http://奧林匹克運動會.新加坡/

Bit odd that the first one I find with google search is a parked domain

André 小山 Schappo

Wot
5th February 2012, 09:43 AM
Almost impossible to sell top keyword .sg so I am guessing it will be sometime before the IDN versions,Chinese,Hindi,Malay ? take off.

Rubber Duck
5th February 2012, 12:11 PM
It is an over-developed fishing village.

Wot
5th February 2012, 10:01 PM
It is an over-developed fishing village.

Somewhat more than that, I was there last week,enjoyable but expensive.

But don't see why they need so many extensions,the.com.sg & .sg in ascii are not exactly over used,add 3 or 4 more with IDN and more confusion.

mulligan
6th February 2012, 12:31 PM
Somewhat more than that, I was there last week,enjoyable but expensive.

Shoulda gave me a call.

andre
17th January 2013, 10:34 AM
It is a few months since I last looked for dot 新加坡 Searched this morning and found
http://心理健康中心.新加坡/

André 小山 Schappo

domainguru
17th January 2013, 10:41 AM
When I saw the headline "Singapore is live" I was going to be facetious and say something like "that's a matter of opinion" but I won't .....

Its a very well organized city-state but dull as dishwater. Taxis are quite cheap though :-p and I'll never forget going into a Tourist Information Centre downtown to find out where to catch the bus to the airport, and it was pissing down with rain, the girl saw I was drenched wet, and she went to a cupboard at the back of the centre and pulled out a rain-coat and just gave it to me. OK, it was as "cheap as chips" but the thoughtfulness and planning to have raincoats prepared for unprepared tourists is really amazing. That's the kind of place it is. They put German efficiency to shame.

As for domains, I just can't see it. Singapore is so small, though very well developed, and English dominates. Its not like Singaporians have their own script. Can't see there will ever be a resale market in anything but the top English keywords.

Another domain blind alley for me. But as the new gTLD world opens up, there will be more and more of these "opportunities", without really being that many more buyers. So many domainers will crash and burn on an epic scale, those that haven't already when the limited expansion program happen.

Let the seller beware.