PDA

View Full Version : The biggest domain sale of all time

jose
22nd February 2012, 02:14 AM
PrivateJet.com, 30 million dollars. :eek:

jose
22nd February 2012, 02:15 AM
http://www.thedomains.com/2012/02/21/privatejet-com-sold-for-30-million-in-what-maybe-the-highest-priced-pure-domain-sale-ever/comment-page-1/

IdnHost
22nd February 2012, 03:29 AM
hmmm slightly overpaid I think should be the header :)

idndomains
22nd February 2012, 03:41 AM
Hi,
Previous year some big sales was their. This year also is not a exception in domain sales. Who knows There may be some important domain sales remaining

jose
22nd February 2012, 04:37 AM

I think the tendency is that domains on a business with a high profit margin are the most valuable. Much more then a domain on a business that sells the most.

privatejet is much better then coke. You have to sell a million cokes to profit the same as renting a private jet once.

IdnHost
22nd February 2012, 05:06 AM
I think the tendency is that domains on a business with a high profit margin are the most valuable. Much more then a domain on a business that sells the most.

privatejet is much better then coke. You have to sell a million cokes to profit the same as renting a private jet once.

Yeah, I see what you mean Jose, But now the guy(s) sitting on privateplane.com & privateplanes.com is going to list those for a cool 30 Mill each. Personally, I think a couple of million would have been reasonable, but then again 10 years ago we all thought that paying 10 mill for a name was ridiculous...so go figure...

blackpower
22nd February 2012, 05:35 AM

To say the least

bumblebee man
22nd February 2012, 05:55 AM

privatejet is much better then coke. You have to sell a million cokes to profit the same as renting a private jet once.There's a few more factors than that. If we follow that logic "aircraft carrier" would be a lot better.
Posted via Mobile Device

htmlindex
22nd February 2012, 07:04 AM
Considering how much private jets cost, if you sell a few extra jets due to the extra traffic conversions, it could be a worthwhile investment ;)

blackpower
22nd February 2012, 07:50 AM
I always thought there was a much sinister background for this kind of out-of-common-sense sales:o

Rubber Duck
22nd February 2012, 09:01 AM
I am not sure it is out of common sense.

There is a huge potential and largely undeveloped market in selling private jet time on a charter basis. The owners of the jets may often not even be aware of how much they could offset their costs in this way. They are by no means a unified group, so there is a lot of selling to do on the supplier side as well as on the charter side. This market is potentially worth billions, probably growing exponentially, few real barriers to entry and almost totally undeveloped.

Have you considered how many wedding groups would charter private jets to the Caribean?

Wot
22nd February 2012, 10:20 AM
http://domaingang.com/domain-news/biggest-domain-sale-ever-a-mile-high-club-com-sells-for-69-million-dollars/

blackpower
22nd February 2012, 10:24 AM
AMileHighClub.com, 69 million dollars...

That's what I'am talking about. There are always creative minds in the world

Steve Clarke
22nd February 2012, 12:05 PM
If he was really smart...he'd corner the market, on Russian IDN.com and IDN.ccTLd, and any other language, as well.

bumblebee man
22nd February 2012, 12:56 PM
c'mon guys. This is pretty obvious.

chrisofmel
22nd February 2012, 01:18 PM
said Dont Look Media.com CEO Louis David. “Together, we will be able to accelerate defragmenting an industry that is ripe for new technological efficiencies, that will allow a more streamlined process for Private Jet Travel,” David said.

“Louis David has a great track record as a leader and an expert in developing, monetizing and liquefying intellectual property assets, so when we had the chance to have him remain involved with the company and its management team, we felt that his insights would be simply invaluable to Nations,” Starnes said.

I highly doubt this will ever be considered a real sale and a real price, by the above statements it looks more like a partnership deal.Also the acquiring company is a private company so they can put and price their stock at any level. It looks more like a PR move to me. I doubt much cash changed hands. The acquiring company also looks to me like a recent start up. I think their major asset is some software to book and reserve private jet travel. lastly as always the domain community is gullible and quick to jump on these kind of release's.

Rubber Duck
22nd February 2012, 01:47 PM
Another angle is, if you introduce $30 Million in assets as a loan to the company, then you can withdraw $30 Million in cash without paying tax.

DktoInc
23rd February 2012, 04:00 AM
http://www.cctld.ru/en/news/digest/detail.php?ID=1196&sphrase_id=23960

.communism hoax deeply appreciated by Russians
Breaking news regarding .communism gTLD, published recently at some domain news portals (namely domaingang.com), has been reprinted by certain Russian media and highly appreciated by Russian public. Not that somebody has mentioned the more-than-suspicious, Putin-sounding surname of the so-called "Russian investor" Sergei Putanov, or that the alleged billionaire's photo certainly resembles Russia's most renowned political figure.
The fictitious person invented by domaingang.com's editors in 2010 allegedly owns a place called Dubai in Florida. The character has also been known for being a gold Olympics medalist, and his domain buying habits can be described as "never buying anything cheaper than $500,000". Mr. Sergey Putanov, though being a man-made hoax, has achieved his fame when certain Russian media started to reprint the news regarding Sergey's success in talking ICANN board into approving .communism gTLD to commemorate the 87 years since the passing of Vladimir Lenin.