PDA

View Full Version : 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401

seesawgame
26th February 2012, 09:36 AM
貓.com (xn-tj3a.com)
Cat.com in T-Chinese
About 3 hours ago, It was sold $1,401 at Dynadot.com expired auction.

http://i.imgur.com/83u9D.gif

ref http://xn--eqrt2gk4d.com/851

Wot
26th February 2012, 09:41 AM
I was watching.

Don't be surprised to see it renewed.

sarcle
26th February 2012, 07:59 PM
I was watching.

Don't be surprised to see it renewed.

I don't participate in dynadot auctions. But you can still renew even after the auction is over?

seesawgame
26th February 2012, 08:07 PM
I don't participate in dynadot auctions. But you can still renew even after the auction is over?

yes, owner have about 24~48 hours to renew it :yes:

chrisofmel
26th February 2012, 08:08 PM

seems so, i have won a couple names and received winner's email and have paid and then informed that it was renewed. so i am not sure how long they have to renew them?

jose
26th February 2012, 08:10 PM

Yes, you can. Unless he's dead (hope not) anyone can consult domaintools whois history and offer the owner $100 for the name.

That's why, I am 100% sure it would be renewed. He or others will take care of it.

Ben
26th February 2012, 08:16 PM
Does this mean mačka.com has value? :)

sarcle
26th February 2012, 08:43 PM
seems so, i have won a couple names and received winner's email and have paid and then informed that it was renewed.

So then, how long does it take to get your money back?

Yes, you can.

Wow, so theoretically you can see what the market says it's worth, (at least the dynadot market). Then renew the name knowing what people are willing to pay for it, watching the auction the entire time.

anyone can consult domaintools whois history

Too bad there isn't a dynadot bidder whois. :) Though the probability the bidders check the forums here is pretty high. So you could put it up for auction here, with the final dynadot auction price posted.

Should test that out.

yes, owner have about 24~48 hours to renew it

Thanks

chrisofmel
26th February 2012, 08:48 PM
So then, how long does it take to get your money back?

Wow, so theoretically you can see what the market says it's worth, (at least the dynadot market). Then renew the name knowing what people are willing to pay for it, watching the auction the entire time.

Too bad there isn't a dynadot bidder whois. :) Though the probability the bidders check the forums here is pretty high. So you could put it up for auction here, with the final dynadot auction price posted.

Should test that out.

Thanks

they just credit your dynadot account. so i have always left it in there and used for renewals and any new regg's. i guess if it was a large amount and you needed a refund you could somehow get another form of payment back to you. i just never looked into it. maybe some other member knows this answer.

Avtal
26th February 2012, 09:09 PM

Actually, you no longer have to monitor the auction. Dynadot now has a "Watchlist" feature. You add an expiring domain (yours or anyone else's) to the watchlist, and after the auction is over you can see how much it went for.

Avtal

sarcle
26th February 2012, 09:14 PM
they just credit your dynadot account.

That doesn't seem right. If I don't get a product from a company that I paid them for, I should get a complete refund not a credit. This is one of the reasons I didn't and now wont participate.

i guess if it was a large amount and you needed a refund you could somehow get another form of payment back to you. i just never looked into it. maybe some other member knows this answer.

Yeah, but let's say you have a spare $500 this month and you are willing to put that into a domain names. So you bid and win a domain at dynadot and they don't return your money. Dynadot just took money out of the domain aftermarket as now I can't use that $500 to buy up domains someplace else, such as here.

Would be nice to know if you can get a complete refund. Thanks chrisofmel.

bwhhisc
26th February 2012, 09:27 PM
its a shitty system....the owner has about 2-3 days to renew after the auction.

sarcle is right, you can let your questionable names roll thru the auction, see which get bids, and then renew those.

9 out of 10 i have tried for have been renewed after the auction so not bothering much anymore.

godaddy is same way....owner has right to renew after the auction ends but for about 5 days.

tee1
26th February 2012, 09:49 PM
the owner can actually put the name on their watch list so they don't have to watch the auction, otherwise its kinda hard to keep up with them. IMO best way to get an appraisal on a name you are not sure about.

agree its a crappy system I actually got a couple transferred to my account yesterday that I won via an expired auction its been a long time most get renewed.
its a shitty system....the owner has about 2-3 days to renew after the auction.

sarcle is right, you can let your questionable names roll thru the auction, see which get bids, and then renew those.

9 out of 10 i have tried for have been renewed after the auction so not bothering much anymore.

godaddy is same way....owner has right to renew after the auction ends but for about 5 days.

sarcle
26th February 2012, 10:03 PM
the owner can actually put the name on their watch list so they don't have to watch the auction, otherwise its kinda hard to keep up with them. IMO best way to get an appraisal on a name you are not sure about.

Yeah, but the best appraisal is what people are willing to bid. What the market says it's worth ATM. Even if you know the name is good or even questionable. Now you have proof of what people are willing to spend.

Being able to renew defeats the whole purpose of participating in an auction. The only one who benefits is the registrar as now they have your money in their system that you can't get back out.

Wot
27th February 2012, 08:38 AM
Interesting,still not renewed.

The old question,what would it have got on auction here? Low $xxx?

seesawgame
27th February 2012, 10:18 AM

Maybe only $xx :rolleyes:

bwhhisc
27th February 2012, 01:07 PM
Maybe only $xx :rolleyes:

We'll have to watch the who.is and invite those Dynadot buyers over. ;)

sarcle
27th February 2012, 01:37 PM

The .org would have sold higher. ;)

seesawgame
27th February 2012, 01:43 PM

I'll follow whois too, but buyer may hidden whois also. :bored:

Wot
28th February 2012, 08:14 AM

Maybe here already? :)

jose
11th March 2012, 06:23 PM
He does have a point... http://www.dynadotsucks.net