PDA

View Full Version : Woeful journalism hits DNJ

Rubber Duck
27th February 2012, 08:02 PM
Not only does Ron discuss New GTLD updates with all reference to foreign scripts removed, but he also confuses number of applications with approved registrants.

Vlaen
28th February 2012, 02:55 AM
Sometimes I wonder why respect is given to people that should be mocked, derided and called out for their buggywhip mentalities.

Then I snap out of that wonder and nary give an ounce of thoughtful energy to the people living in their own little world.

bwhhisc
28th February 2012, 04:23 PM
Not only does Ron discuss New GTLD updates with all reference to foreign scripts removed, but he also confuses number of applications with approved registrants.

Dave....why don't you write a fact based article, I am sure Ron would publish or give him the ammo to better write and inform his readers.

sarcle
28th February 2012, 06:16 PM
Soon enough there will be a "Rick Schwanz" of IDN. Anyone calling dibs? :)

It's quite apparent to me ASCII people want IDN segregated. Why? I have no idea. You can prove traffic and you can prove revenue, they still don't care.

It's going to take a million dollar sale before any heads are turned. Even then, I just don't think the majority of them are smart enough to use a translator and check a few numbers. I've lost all hope in them.

Rubber Duck
28th February 2012, 09:50 PM
Soon enough there will be a "Rick Schwanz" of IDN. Anyone calling dibs? :)

It's quite apparent to me ASCII people want IDN segregated. Why? I have no idea. You can prove traffic and you can prove revenue, they still don't care.

It's going to take a million dollar sale before any heads are turned. Even then, I just don't think the majority of them are smart enough to use a translator and check a few numbers. I've lost all hope in them.

Funny, I had over $10 on one Arabic Name yesterday. Just 5 Clicks.

Do I use English keywords?

No.

Rubber Duck
29th February 2012, 06:54 AM
Dave....why don't you write a fact based article, I am sure Ron would publish or give him the ammo to better write and inform his readers.

ICANN gave a press release. All he had to do was report the facts as provided.

He put his spin on it and just totally screwed it.

Only surprised that that Costello Brothers and a couple of the other usual cronies did not appear in the article.